collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ...Feel like I'm being given the run around? (eBay - pony related)  (Read 995 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
I don't know why I'm hesitant to open a case about this. I guess I just need more input because I hate opening cases...

But there's a seller on eBay who I did a BIN on a pony. It was a SHS, she had no name on it, and it was really cheap. She was in okay shape, but intact earring. It was a deal. I paid immediately.
This happened on March 21.

They never sent it. I finally messaged them about it. They tell me basically, "Oh so sorry, I can't find it, I will look for it and let you know."

Still today. Sending me the same BS message. "I can't find it, I will refund you or send you a good deal pony."

I can't help but want to hold out and see if I can get something out of this. I mean, why not right? But... should I just suck it up and open the case and end this?

I don't want to seem like a goon for wanting to get something out of this, but, if someone offers, I've learned to say "yes" in those situations, not "no, it's okay"... since it's really not okay with me that I can't get this darned pony! I mean... okay.

Just wanted to vent.

eBay seller is: retro_nostalgia_mania
Don't know if they're always disorganized or what but, I don't really think they're a bad seller, I just don't think they give a rats butt about me or my pony... :(
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: ...Feel like I\'m being given the run around? (eBay - pony related)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 07:17:52 PM »
That's terrible! I always have my item readily available in case anyone would like to know more about it. I also usually pack up the item ready for shipping so that I can have an accurate shipping quote on total weight, item + packaging. Not being able to find the item is completely not acceptable! I'd be asking them how old the photo is, and how it is that they cannot find something that by rights should have been there a few days ago when they were listing it!

Post Merge: April 11, 2013, 07:19:47 PM

Not to mention if I had 400+ auctions going at any given time, I'd have a darned good filing/storage system!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:19:47 PM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: ...Feel like I'm being given the run around? (eBay - pony related)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:45:47 PM »
Yes and they keep messaging me saying that they "just had it a few days ago" (obviously weeks ago, before March 21) and they just can't find it...

I was hoping at least they would be like "Well I have this other SHS pony with intact earring" - I'd accept that most likely... I am just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe still end up with a pony, or THE pony.

Meh. Maybe I'll give it until Monday. They told me they'd give me a straight answer on Sunday... We'll see.

My Want List

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:22:34 AM »
Well good luck. Let us know how it turns out Sunday. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:53 AM »
 :huh: How frustrating? I understand you wanting to hold out and hope for the best. But if by Sunday they do not give you a straight answer or a uploaded tracking number, I would open a case. 

I try and see the best too in situations but what bothers me is that it took for you to send an email inquiring where your pony was.  If they knew they could not find it from the get go they should have emailed you. I mean seriously it has been 15 days.  Plus I would not be making you wait till Sunday for an answer. I would be tearing my house apart looking for it.

Good luck and I hope it doesn't have to turn ugly.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
I try and see the best too in situations but what bothers me is that it took for you to send an email inquiring where your pony was.  If they knew they could not find it from the get go they should have emailed you. I mean seriously it has been 15 days.  Plus I would not be making you wait till Sunday for an answer. I would be tearing my house apart looking for it.

Yes, that's a good point I hardly even thought of. They have, since the first message, sent me messages that weren't "responses", but just the same update of "I can't find it"... so I guess I can say at least they're trying to message me now about it, but yes... I agree I think Sunday will be the latest I will wait and I hate even having to deal with this because it was such a low dollar amount, it's worth a pony but hardly worth all this hassle to get back, lol, though I will obviously and not just let it go.

Meh. It was hardly worth posting about but, it's hard dealing with disorganized sellers. I mean I'm disorganized myself but I absolutely always know where my selling items are (perhaps this was the subject of some relist and they actually never had this pony or haven't had it for a while and already had sold it?) - another reason I always use photos that I take RIGHT when I'm about to list them item...

My Want List

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
At this point it seems like she's waffling. She has your money and is taking her sweet time. Personally, I'd just go ahead and demand a refund, because it sounds to me that your chances of getting a pony from her aren't very high.

Sorry about your situation. :(   Hope the seller takes responsibility soon.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 05:50:49 PM »
I'm sorry you're going though that!  It's never fun to have a seller who just doesn't care:/

I've had the odd disorganized seller transaction on ebay.  Some sellers just don't get it, and when you run into one of them, you're usually in for a world of frustration.  What I do usually depends on A) how much money I spent, and B) how badly I want the original item, or one like it, and C) how up I am for an extended game of chase the seller.

When you start to play chase the seller with a disorganized and/or apathetic seller, you're running the risk of going over the Paypal chargeback window and losing your money.  You're also in for a lot of frustration.  If it's a high value item, I'll usually take the refund immediately.  If I'm having a rough time of it in my life in general, I'll usually take the refund and move on because I don't need any extra hassle.  However, if it's cheap and/or I want the item really badly, I'll usually risk it.  I look at it like buying a lottery ticket. Maybe I'll get lucky, maybe I won't.  I'd rather be lucky, but I'm prepared to lose out on the money if it comes to that.  Of course you can keep trying until the Paypal time limit and then open a case, but you have to keep a very close eye on things.  Mark it on your calendar or something.

If you've never had to chase a seller who really doesn't care, just be warned:  it can almost feel like a full time job, and it can drive you up the wall if you let it.  It can be the most infuriating and frustrating thing you'll ever do.  So unless you're fully prepared to keep your calm through rounds of messages that make you want to put your fist through your  monitor, or worse - being ignored for days/weeks at a time, just take the refund and spend that money somewhere better.

The worst case of that I had was over some Doctor Who greeting cards I bought off ebay.  The seller shipped them out in a reasonable time, and everything else about the transaction felt normal, but one of the cards was the wrong one when I got it.  I *really* wanted the right one as the card he'd messed up was the one I wanted the most of the whole bunch, and I contacted the seller immediately.  The seller got back to me in a reasonable time.  The seller didn't offer me what I was hoping(to send the correct card for free), but was willing to give me a serious discount on the correct card, and he had a bunch of other cards for sale that I could get at a discount as well.  With all the discounts, it basically got me my card for free, and I could bundle the rest of the cards in for the same shipping, so it worked out ok.  After a couple of weeks back and forth agreeing on which cards I wanted and a final price, I sent the payment.  Up to this point everything had been ok.  Maybe a bit slow, but it was an international thing. With the time differences, I usually expect that. 

And then the seller disappeared.  I checked in with him every week or so, and he'd pop up from time to time and tell me he was going out of town/would be sending the cards/didn't send the cards/next Saturday he's sending the cards/etc.  This went on for over a month.  I remained calm and reasonably friendly since at this point it was well over the chargeback window, and this second purchase wasn't through ebay anyway, so I'd get nothing if I got the seller angry at me.  After months of emails, reminders, incorrect shipping dates, and just plain insanity, I *finally* got my cards.  Almost 6 months since I won those original auctions, I got that final package!  Was it worth it?  Probably not.  But I got them!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 04:36:11 AM »
Ugh that sounds very frustrating! - why list something and then not have it to hand incase there are any questions about it, or more importantly incase it sold?! :huh: 
 Give them until sunday then, but after that ask for your refund- they've messed you about enough.

That being said, I did have a similar situation myself (I was the buyer) on ebay a couple years back. I won a pony for 0.99 , paid up and then heard nothing, so I contacted the seller and they told me they couldnt find the pony...   they did say they'd look again though and sure enough about a week later they sent it to me and it all worked out ok. Guess that one really was just a disorganized seller :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:37:57 AM »
Ugh that sounds very frustrating! - why list something and then not have it to hand incase there are any questions about it, or more importantly incase it sold?! :huh: 
 Give them until sunday then, but after that ask for your refund- they've messed you about enough.

That being said, I did have a similar situation myself (I was the buyer) on ebay a couple years back. I won a pony for 0.99 , paid up and then heard nothing, so I contacted the seller and they told me they couldnt find the pony...   they did say they'd look again though and sure enough about a week later they sent it to me and it all worked out ok. Guess that one really was just a disorganized seller :awake:

Yes I keep holding out hope that it's just that, and she'll turn up, just slow. But eh, tomorrow is the day, *dun dun duuuuuunnnnn* so, I will post once I message her about refunding me. She has been saying she will "refund me or send me another pony"... so, I hope that when it comes down to refunding, there is no issue.

My Want List

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
So, here's the update... and things still aren't fully "resolved"...

So this person "looked and looked" but couldn't find it. She told me she had "lots" of other ponies she could offer me and would send me pics. She finally sent me pictures of 2 ponies - G3 Skywishes and a Buddy L fakie...
Of course, I just messaged her and asked for my refund...
Instead of instantly refunding me, she messages me to tell me it should be refunded tomorrow...

So we'll see. Darn disappointed in this whole thing... ah well.

My Want List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 05:42:16 AM »
Uggg..that is not the kind of update I was hoping for, for you.  :(

I would wait till tomorrow and if not open a case. I wouldn't let her keep jerking you around with this.  I have to laugh though cause she told you "Oh I have lots of ponies I could send as a replacement." And she sends you a picture of a fakie  >_<
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 05:47:42 AM »
Uggg..that is not the kind of update I was hoping for, for you.  :(

I would wait till tomorrow and if not open a case. I wouldn't let her keep jerking you around with this.  I have to laugh though cause she told you "Oh I have lots of ponies I could send as a replacement." And she sends you a picture of a fakie  >_<

A fakie? >.<. Really.

But I agree with pony lady here. Give her until tomorrow and then open a case because she's jerked you around long enough.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »
So sorry to hear that she thinks she can steal from you!  Definitely file that claim and case ASAP!  How hard is it to click a few buttons and refund your money?  Unless she's stolen it and doesn't plan on sending you the pony... it's not difficult to do one or the other. Considering she is doing neither, I would stick to your guns and play by the Ebay rules.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »
I agree with the others. If she doesn't refund you tomorrow, quickly file a claim. I too find it funny that she sent you a pic of a fakie. Funny, but sad. I hope thing work out in your favor.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal