collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Again trouble with DollyHair...  (Read 21690 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Again trouble with DollyHair...
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2013, 03:26:44 AM »
I think the one's below are still waiting on a response or replacement:
WinterSparkle
BerryMouse
NichiTsukinoko
Kazzellin
Sternenstaub

If I am incorrect please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:57:57 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2013, 03:48:17 AM »
Tina e-mailed me this morning again.

I'll wait for the refund and as soon as it went through I'll post here again and you could cross me off the list =)
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline WinterSparkle

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • WinterSparkle Customs
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »
Yeah, I am waiting on replacements :) She has gotten back to be and offered replacements as I said before, now I am just waiting

Avatar by http://royalsforever.deviantart.com

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »
I'm late to the party and not sure what to do. It's not a huge issue. I've been dealing with DH for a bit over a year. I never minded the wait time (1-2 weeks) for my orders and the only huge issue was partly my fault (I forgot to select a color) but instead of emailing me when they noticed the issue, they sent the rest of my order with a note later than usual. I immediately corrected the situation and got my hanks with free shipping and I was pretty much satisfied. Since then, no problems or anything.

The past few orders (I can't remember when it started, but I'm pretty sure just last few orders this year, not last year after she lost that one assisstant. I went on Hiatus for Christmas) I've been getting hanks 1/2 has thin as I'm used to, therefore my MH head estimation is way out of whack and it also means my commissioners will have to pay more than usual to get their doll's completely rerooted (and I haven't used rstoredoll hanks on MH so I have no real idea how much per head I'd have to order there) . I don't have a scale so I can't weigh them or anything I just KNOW they're thinner.

My current project required new hair. I ordered a 38" hank of Vineyard Violet Saran. It was much thinner visually even before I dug out my Midnight Blue Saran RD Hank (which was also needed) and noted immediately that it was thicker than the new 38" hank of vineyard violet. The RD hanks I also ordered at the time are disturbingly thinner. I have an outstanding order for a commissioner coming (it's been mailed, that's not the issue) but I also noticed either shipping price or her fee prices went up as well. A 38" Hank and an RD Hank in the past never went over $10 but this time it did (i luckily had enough to cover the small change) And I'm worried I will be asking her tp pay me even more money to get more hair. Hopefully not since I'll be using two colors.

It's frustrating as heck. Not just for me personally. I had to ask for more violet hair just to finish my personal project I'm working on from members here so I can get them in a timely manner and get my project finished before I work on a commissioner's project. But now I'm stumped on how much hair I need to order for future commission projects. I had it down to a science almost XD now I have to either buy more hair at a time from them (am not looking forward to that) thus costing commissioners more money or switch suppliers, which I am unused to using (not to mention also more money when I'm not sure how far the hair will stretch.)

Anyways, that's my issue and I'm not sure whether or not to make an issue of it or not :\ since I can't weigh anything to know for sure and most of my older hanks have been used partially.

Mainly I needed to vent a little and stop gnashing my teeth silently.

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »
Well, supposedly Tina will replace the hair I should have gotten. That's what she said anyway. I'll let you know if it ever happens. 

But in addition to her assurance that she'll send the hair, she also basically just gave me the same tired list of excuses about why it's not her fault and why her having a kid should be an acceptable reason for her to not have time to contact people promptly and why she feels she's done nothing wrong when she refuses to check her office phone's vm for messages or call people back. And she's still insisting she never reduced the hair and that her former assistant claims to not have reduced the hair and new assistant is doing it correctly etc. etc. 

Even if I get the hair, It doesn't sound like she's admitting any wrong doing and she's still just making excuses.  I don't think her service will actually improve and I suspect the problems will come back shortly after everyone starts ordering from her again.

Maybe that's just me being cynical, but at 32 years old, I have yet to meet someone who makes excuses and won't admit they've done anything wrong who has actually changed their behavior.  Not saying there's not a first time for everything, but I'm playing the numbers on this. I don't think she'll improve or change anything. I mean, she's not even willing to put the weight we should expect hanks to be on her site next to the length and type of doll and all that. It would be as simple as adding another section to the tables she has on each page but she won't do it.

For me, Until I at least see an expected weight per hank on each page of her site so we all know from now on how much we should be getting, and until she admits she needs to do a better job responding to people when they have issues, I will not be trusting her.  Because she's still just expecting us to take her at her word that this was all some sort of strange cosmic mix up.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:44:45 PM by NichiTsukinoko »
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline WinterSparkle

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • WinterSparkle Customs
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:30 AM »
I got my hair today but it's def. smaller than usual. No matter, it's for a G4 anyway so it will be enough.
You can cross me off the list.

horsenalityplus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Hi, Just letting you know I ordered 9 hanks on the 2nd January. (Before I saw this thread). I haven't posted here as I am giving her a chance to get them to me, as I am in Australia. I will let you know when they arrive. *crosses fingers*

horsenalityplus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
My ahir arrived. The hanks are much smaller than usual but as I have only purchased hair from other members and not from dollyhair itself, as this is my first order with them, I will leave it and see how my next order goes. Thanks Tina

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2013, 06:28:47 PM »
I still have not received the replacement hair she said she would send.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2013, 02:29:22 AM »
You can cross me off the list.
I'll get my money back in around 5 days and then I'll place a new order! =)
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »
Updating - I got hold of Tina via email on the 9th, and she responded immediately and got my shipping address, as the order is old enough to no longer be in her order system, but I have yet to receive anything. I replied to the new email thread we have going last night, looking for an update, but she hasnt replied yet.
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2013, 06:42:08 AM »
I have never ordered hair from DH or anywhere else before. I need some hair for several ponies, is it safe for me to order from Dolly Hair? I don't want to be scammed and this thread kinda worries me :shocked:

I ordered 4 hanks on the 19th, received it on the 25th, and all the hanks were exactly 16g in weight.

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »
I have never ordered hair from DH or anywhere else before. I need some hair for several ponies, is it safe for me to order from Dolly Hair? I don't want to be scammed and this thread kinda worries me :shocked:

I ordered 4 hanks on the 19th, received it on the 25th, and all the hanks were exactly 16g in weight.

I ordered 9 hanks on the 21st .... .still waiting .... but glad to know she is getting orders out.

Offline WinterSparkle

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • WinterSparkle Customs
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »
then you should get it any day now, stiletto

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2013, 03:49:50 AM »
I think the one's below are still waiting on a response or replacement:
WinterSparkle
BerryMouse
NichiTsukinoko
Kazzellin
PrincessOfDarkness
Sternenstaub

If I am incorrect please let me know.
Totally forgot about this!
Update from me: Tina has resolved the issue to my satisfaction :) You can remove my name from the list ^.^

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal