collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Leaving Feedback  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving Feedback
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 05:04:59 AM »
I know a lot of ebay sellers has refused to leave feedback at all since we can only leave positive. It is a sort of protest thing. I also know quite a few that do it in batches once a month-if the seller doesn't have a store and can't automate it, feedback gets annoying and time consuming fast. I also know of sellers who have gotten negs for asking buyers to leave feedback please.

I automatically leave feedback for my buyers when they pay, and I have found that about 30% of them give feedback in return. I would never ask a buyer to leave feedback-not only do I risk annoying them, but I would lose my automatic 5 star dsr for contact by messaging them.

Is this crazy only-positive-feedback thing just a US invention? Because I'm sure I had the option to leave whatever feedback as a UK seller.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »
I know a lot of ebay sellers has refused to leave feedback at all since we can only leave positive. It is a sort of protest thing.

If that is true - while I can understand the protest - I think it's a shame its being taken out on innocent people who are trying to get a good reputation for themselves =/
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Stroggos

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 09:16:39 AM »

I automatically leave feedback for my buyers when they pay, and I have found that about 30% of them give feedback in return. I would never ask a buyer to leave feedback-not only do I risk annoying them, but I would lose my automatic 5 star dsr for contact by messaging them.

jeepers. I didn't know contacting buyers did that. Well, learn something new..

I always make sure to leave detailed feedback on the Arena. It's about shared interest far more than profit. For someone to really make money on ponies outside of bulk retail distribution they have to know what they are talking about or have to have better access to rare/exclusive stuff than most. Leaving feedback is pretty much essential to helping someone gain accountability and credibility in a collectors forum where things can get emotionally charged.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Strogg

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
I know I for one don't leave feedback right away... I usually build up a few transactions and then do feedback in big chunks. Like I have about 15 waiting for feedback right now, but i'm still waiting to get a few of my items. This prevents me from accidentally leaving positive feedback if I never get my item or something along those lines. So I wait to get my current batch of purchase all in and ready to go and then I go through and leave feedback for all the sellers I've purchased from that need feedback left.

It might not be the most efficient way to do it, but that's how it works for me. I've tried doing it as I go, and wound up  accidentally leaving positive feedback for someone who sent me the wrong item @_@ it was dumb, so I avoid leaving feedback until all my purchases have arrived now.

I personally get extremely annoyed when a seller contacts me telling me to leave them feedback, especially when I feel like I'm being harassed for feedback, and it makes me want to lower their seller communication star just because they annoyed me. I've got one seller that has emailed me 4 times within a week since I got the item asking me to leave feedback, and I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to scream. they aren't a new seller so it's not like they desperately need it, and I'll get to it when I get to it, not when it's convenient for them  :pullhair:  my life doesn't revolve around Ebay for gosh sakes.

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »
Yeah when I bought my MLP wallet from ebay I was pretty satisfied with how the whole thing went until I left the seller good feedback and then they didn't bother leaving me anything and I have a new account with 0 feedback also. =/

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »
It's easier to bug sellers for feedback though since they can't Neg you. :) They leave you feedback just to get you to shut up. I did this with two people I bought from, who were all to happy to ignore me. Three emails each later, I had two more feedback.

When asking a Seller for feedback I generally used something along the lines of: "Hi, I got the item and am really happy with it. I left you 5 star feedback and I would really appreciate it if you could leave me feedback also. Im really trying hard to get my score up, so this would really help! Thanks!"

Followed by "You haven't left me feedback yet even though I paid you right away.. I know you're busy, but could you please leave me feedback so I can get my score higher? Thank you!"

Best of luck to you!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »
I know I'm guilty of forgetting to leave feedback sometimes - especially here at the Arena. I always intend to do it but sometimes I need a reminder, especially if the item took a while to get to the buyer.

I don't think it would be rude of you at all to send a follow-up message asking if these people would mind leaving you feedback so you can build up your reputation. I'm stunned that the ones some of you have tried to contact have ignored the messages!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal