collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Updating Categories for MLP on eBay! ALL collectors READ! Beneficial for all!  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Don't you all think it is time that ebay adds another category instead of 1990-now?

They are mixing the generations of ponies and FIM is cluttering the section.

I really think the section should be 1990-2009 or 2010..

anyone else agree? They should just have a new Section either 2010 + now or My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic (2010 +) - something on those lines,Or Better yet :

My Little Pony 1981-1995
My Little Pony 1996-2009
My Little Pony 2010- Now
My Little Pony - Misc. (this would be for like books, trading cards etc)

They haven't changed this since ebay started. I think it's time collectors recognize this, that way our searching can be more organized.. We'd also be able to search for the generation we're looking for much easier.. There are more collectors now than ever.. We are not all looking for the same generations!

This Change would make searching for other ponies so much easier.. it's just getting too cluttered!

here is the URL to suggest category changes. I think the 4  that I put in make most sense. Please everyone take a stand and lets make ebay even better than before !

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2004&rcode=GS%3DCU0758&subject=Suggestions+about+categories+and+item+specifics&bcrumb=Help%3EContact%20us
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:29:28 PM by Clipper »

Fransponies

• Trade Count: (0)
Well I would like that idea if it actually worked. We already have people mixing them by posting vintage ponies in the 1990-now category, and people posting new ponies in the pre-1990 category which makes it harder to search. I usually just search the entire my little pony section with both categories included anyway because of this. Not to mention the hundreds of my little ponies not even listed in the TV characters section. Some are listed in dolls, some are listed in the Toys-by brand-hasbro, and others are even listed in collectibles-animals. That is the one thing I don't like about eBay. The categories should make it easier to search, but I have to search the entire eBay site anyway because of all the people who don't use the categories correctly. Plus, a lot of the major sellers use a template and a lot of times forget to change the category.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
I search entire eBay too. But sometimes I don't lol

Maybe if it were broken down by year with generation?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
I do agree that I think they do need to do a little up dating!

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Love this idea, Clipper!
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Thanks Whitney! seems like no one really cares enough though lol ! :-p

thekozmicpig

I do like the idea, but as with Fransponies, sellers aren't always putting stuff in the right category as it is now.

Sellers that are pony people would use this perfectly. Sellers who bought a vintage toy box at a garage sale hoping to do a quick flip? Maybe not. There could be a fakie in that box and they'd just be "Eh, a pony is a pony".

So yeah, while a great idea, I'm unsure if it can be executed to it's fullest potential.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
I love the idea, I think it would make it easier for collectors to both sell and find what they are looking for with more ease if the system was used correctly. I think it would also be beneficial to note with dates of the categories which generation the ponies are.

Although I don't believe that would work with the dates that are currently listed as suggestions.

I believe that there are just far too many uninformed sellers who list incorrectly simply because they don't know anything about what they are listing, and then there are lazy sellers who just pick whatever category shows up first. And lets not forget the sellers who just add MLP to the title to get more views when absolutely nothing in their listing has anything to do with MLP.

I really do think that the categories need to be changed though.

If used correctly, it would make the ebay experience better.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I agree that in theory it would be nice but most none pony people have no idea what they have and so just stick their auction where ever.  I even suspect that some people who know better do this on purpose in an effort to get a wider audience.

I do like the suggestion  for a category for non-pony items.
And I would also suggest a category for MLP plush and a separate category for fan made items like customs and art.  But then again, even those kinds of categories might be ignored.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
Some of my best finds are miscategorized!  ;)

But yes, we could use better divisions.  Searching 15,000 items for one thing takes a ton of time.
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

cleverLC

I do like the idea, but as with Fransponies, sellers aren't always putting stuff in the right category as it is now.

Sellers that are pony people would use this perfectly. Sellers who bought a vintage toy box at a garage sale hoping to do a quick flip? Maybe not. There could be a fakie in that box and they'd just be "Eh, a pony is a pony".

So yeah, while a great idea, I'm unsure if it can be executed to it's fullest potential.

Speaking of uninformed sellers, I actually had someone to say their lot was probably mostly off-brand because "I was only able to find the Mattel trademark on 2 of them."

You found a trademark for a company that never made MLP or fakies?  That's...quite a feat, there...

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile

Speaking of uninformed sellers, I actually had someone to say their lot was probably mostly off-brand because "I was only able to find the Mattel trademark on 2 of them."

You found a trademark for a company that never made MLP or fakies?  That's...quite a feat, there...

LMAO omg that is way too funny

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Well I would like that idea if it actually worked. We already have people mixing them by posting vintage ponies in the 1990-now category, and people posting new ponies in the pre-1990 category which makes it harder to search. I usually just search the entire my little pony section with both categories included anyway because of this. Not to mention the hundreds of my little ponies not even listed in the TV characters section. Some are listed in dolls, some are listed in the Toys-by brand-hasbro, and others are even listed in collectibles-animals. That is the one thing I don't like about eBay. The categories should make it easier to search, but I have to search the entire eBay site anyway because of all the people who don't use the categories correctly. Plus, a lot of the major sellers use a template and a lot of times forget to change the category.

What she said.
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile

This. :/
There are people now who don't seem to know if a pony is pre-1990--  or later. So added lots of dates might be more confusing to the mix.

Lets say my dad found a box of my childhood ponies and wanted to sell them on ebay. He wouldn't really know when they were made. Mostly because I acquired a lot of them between 88-92. :P LOL.

I kinda wish there was a FiM section to browse through... but, eh, it's fine. I normally use search terms, or generally browse. (Through BOTH categories, because a good deal can be found with a poorly categorized item).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal