Pony Talk > Off Topic

Wonderful Nature - Thread

<< < (2/52) > >>

Pokeyonekenobie:
I wish I lived where hedgehogs do, they're one of my favorite critters because they're so cute! 

We have a robin nest in a shrub next to our house.  There are 4 eggs in it but I don't know if I'll get a picture or not because I don't want to disturb the parents.  My mom has had to chase away some crows that were trying to get to the nest so we're trying to keep an eye on the robins without scaring them off.

Heart Of Midnight:
Great that a lot of stories have come here! :) It is nice to read about nature sightings from all over the world.  :lovey:

BlackCurtains, you have a really gorgeous photo of the moon! :cool: I tried a moment ago to take a picture of the moon with a cell phone camera, but it didn’t turn out good.  :blush: I’m just better off admiring it with my eyes, rather than trying to store it on a memory card. :lol:

I didn’t see the hedgehog today when I took the food. I have to take the food only when the darkness has arrived, because the crow is stealing the food from the hedgehog! :mad: It doesn’t come anymore when it’s dark. :P

A couple of days ago I heard Common Chiffchaff has arrived! It has a great and fun chiff-chaff song. In Finnish, it is called Tiltaltti.  :D
The European Pied Flycatcher has also arrived at our yard on the same day. In Finnish, it is called Kirjosieppo.

Pokeyonekenobie:
My mom checked yesterday and there are still 4 eggs in the robin's nest. :)

Heart Of Midnight:
^ Hopefully the robin's nesting will be successful!  :) :heart:

----

I saw a fox in my garden a moment ago! :frolic: My brother had seen it one morning in his own yard and had taken a photo of it. (My brother is my neighbor.)

The hedgehog was already waiting for the food cup at nine in the evening!  :lol: I took the cup to the hedgehog at eleven o'clock. The crow was already asleep then. ^.^

Pokeyonekenobie:
There are now baby birdies in the nest.  When I got home from work I could tell that mommy robin wasn't on the nest so I snuck a peak and there were tiny birdies huddled together taking a nap.  They're still fairly naked but once they get some fuzz they'll be adorable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version