collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you buy a Pony with cancer spots?  (Read 3340 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy a Pony with cancer spots?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
No I would not intentionally purchase either - if its an inexpensive pony, I know I will get her for a cheap price and in lovely condition with patience; if its an expensive pony,  I would rather just pay a little more for a minty one. However ponies with issues like this, especially expensive ponies, are usually popular with people who perhaps would not willingly spend the full value for the pony. Even with her issues I am sure you will find a new home for her *hug*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Rainbow berry1978

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 04:10:23 AM »
Yeah I would buy them with cancer spots  :satisfied:
I love them no matter what  ;)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 04:35:46 AM »
To be fair: If it was a lot and the seller only provided photos of the lot (i.e. no separate photos for each pony), moreover, if the lot was described as "used and played with" or something along those lines, I wouldn't talk about baiting/cheating/tricking. It may be an honest mistake of a non-collector just as felt-tip marks often are.

That being said, I have never and I will never buy a pony without checking with the seller first and asking for details on its condition. I always specifically ask about spots, marks or discolourations of any kind. If it's a lot, I ask about the ponies that I am particularly interested in. In your case that would have been Baby Buttons (which is incredibly prone to cancer btw.)

I am truly very sorry you suffered such a disappointment. It must be really awful. *virtual hug* I hope, you'll be more fortunate in the future!

In reply to your question: No, I'd never buy a pony with cancer/age spots. But I only have a very small collection, and instead focus on acquiring each pony in as good a condition as possible. Still, my childhood German Baby Cherries Jubilee has develpoed cancer spots over the decades, and I'll never part with her, because she was my favourite childhood pony. ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 07:45:47 AM »
I have bought ponies with age spots and I will do it again, I'm not that picky. :) I'm sure you can sell baby B, since she's a bit harder to find. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 10:35:36 AM »
So sorry this happened to you! :( Must be painful to go wait for a favourite pony and end up with a pony with big flaws! *hugs*

I have had a similar incident on an auction site. The pic was borrowed, I e-mailed the seller since I suspected it was, to ask for details, had a reply that said something like this; "good used conditions, just a few hair straws cut".
Ended up with a pony with 1/3 of the mane completely cut off, many pony cancer spots, bad -well just about everything. I was fortunate to still have got it for a good price (popular pony) just not as good as I had hoped, and the hassle to re-sell since I wouldn´t want it in my own collection, too picky. But I saw that two other buyers from the same seller was very unhappy. (the auctions ended at the same time so you couldn´t tell before they arrived.)
But I think I was right from the start; the less described/visualised in the auction- the less I´d be willing to pay.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »
I buy them it really does not bother me if they have a few cancer spots or age spots what every you want to call them. they do not spread, I would not pay much for one in a common pony though but me off I think my parasol has a couple of them or confetti I forget which. but I refuse to bait them if they look good on display why bait a pony that has a small brown spot or two

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
I wouldn't have bid knowing they had cancer

robinharper

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 11:55:16 AM »
Such different views here about those spots ...  I still haven't made my mind up yet either about Baby Buttons.  She is such a sweetie and now that I finally have one ...  I guess in a way she was my Holy Grail Pony ...

Libelle, there were indeed no individual shots of the Ponies but for the price she asked, the pics she did provide which showed them in different angles (just with the problems then cleaverly hidden - although it isn't that hard cause I tried to do the same for fun and noticed that I could sell them off as still good Ponies too easily with a bit rearranging the hair in each pic and angling the camera differently ) and the description she did give for them ...  I had expected better.  A minor fault, okay.  But this?  Some Ponies have their bellies painted under!!!!!  It is a horrible mess.  And also the fact that apparently she sold recently another lot under a different name and also for a high price and with the Ponies being also in bad shape ...  I don't know.  It raises red flags with me now.

In any case, for now she trully managed to take the joy out of searching and bidding on Ponies for me.

Hugs
  Robin

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »
Name and shame the seller please!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

robinharper

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »
That isn't allowed, right Artemesia Floc?  No personal intel here, right?  That's why I haven't mentioned a name yet.  But if you buy from The Netherlands, I am always willing to PM you the details.

Hugs
  Robin

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »
Not picky about condition. Gimme a challenge. Honestly if I could get my grubby paws on a cancer filled Mimic I would be on cloud nine...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

robinharper

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 03:38:42 PM »
Poor MLP cancer when you get their hands on them, mlp4me  :biggrin:

Your comment made my day.  I am off to bed now with a big grin on my face.   ^.^

Hugs
   Robin

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2015, 03:44:13 AM »
I would!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2015, 03:58:48 AM »
I'd buy ponies with cancer spots. For some more expensive ponies it's the only way I'd afford them if they had certain flaws.

Jules x

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 07:24:44 AM »
I'd buy ponies with cancer spots. For some more expensive ponies it's the only way I'd afford them if they had certain flaws.

Same.  A pony is a pony.  They all eventually will break down so owning them while they look reasonably nice is a good thing!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal