collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Don't you hate it when sellers try to trick you?  (Read 2423 times)

Vulpy

• Trade Count: (0)
Don't you hate it when sellers try to trick you?
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:42:59 AM »
It's so annoying when people try to scam or trick you. I can't even count the amount of times I've seen this on Ebay. They display the good side of the Pony, then when it arrives, you find that one side has been attacked by highlighters, glitter, glue and / or scissors. >_<

When I went to a Car Boot sale the other day, I saw a G3 Scootaloo. She's on my wishlist, so I took a look. The hair had been cut, but it matched her show appearence (in G3.5) so I didn't mind. When I looked at the other side (The blank flank side), purple gloopy glitter stuff had been smeared all over her! It was pretty annoying, but I was glad I took a look instead of buying her straight away. XD

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Don't you hate it when sellers try to trick you?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »
I do and never understand why the do it in the first place anyways. They are going to hear about. Its it work haveing to do a refund or haveing bad feedback? If we could all just be honest about the things are selling. Its would be a better buying and selling world :)

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »
I personally love descriptions that just state that the Pony is in "good condition". In these instances "good" can vary from "a few pen marks" to "put through the spin cycle with a bag of gravel".

I do sometimes wonder why people are so allergic to putting a few extra words about the condition in the description. Unless you're listing 500 items at once chances are you can find the time to put "pen marks, haircut, rubbed symbol" or the like in there.

With eBay so heavily skewed towards buyers these days (which is great if you're a buyer, I suppose!) I don't understand why sellers want to chance their reputations on something that takes so little time.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
Yea, I sort of experienced that...i bought a set of G2 unicorns and when they arrived some of them had some blackish goo on them...got no clue what it was but I wondered if it was tobacco. It was somewhat easily washed off but hardly a nice surprise... Because of that I gave the seller a  neutral rating, I'm a bit too kind to give someone negative ratings, and he literally blew up because of it...He should have expected it when he didnt clean off the pony before sending it.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »
Ebay can be very frustrating but personally unless I am buying from a seller I know and trust, the easiest option is simply to ask for more images. A seller reluctant to do this is normally an indication of a pony I would not purchase.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

tiktok

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »
I got a pair of dolls once that were listed as near mint but were covered in sticky pink something and kind of stinky when I removed them from the too-small, unpadded box they had been stuffed into. There was no permanent damage and the price had been okay because it wouldn't be too hard to fix.

The seller had relatively few feedback - something like fifteen - so I decided to assume they were new to selling and sent them a polite note stating that the items were not as described and were improperly packed for shipping and left neutral feedback. Seller gives me a begrudging neutral feedback with a flippant attitude in which she called me a noob, which I found hilarious because I had over four times the amount of feedback she had. She posted a "defense" comment on the neutral feedback I had left her and proceeded to rack up several more neutrals and negatives until it comes out that she has been repeatedly banned under several eBay IDs. She got banned again and my neutral feedback disappeared.  :satisfied:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »
Yes or they position the hair to hide the damage on the body and then you get the pony, contact them and their response is, "I didn't think that really mattered to collectors." Goofus Doos
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 04:46:35 PM »
Ugh, I spent ten dollars on a bag of pony stuff at an antique store.  There were several ponies and lots of accessories in there, so I thought I'd gotten a good deal.  When I get home and take them out, I realize that they have all been strategically-placed inside the clear plastic bag to hide bite marks, mold, marks, etc.  I ended up throwing most of it away.  There was only one good pony along with a few ok ones.

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »
So far my only pony purchase on ebay has been a lot of almost 20 ponies. They were listed as "bait" but I didn't really see anything about their condition listed. The pictures weren't very clear, so I couldn't see if there were marks on them or anything. One was even pictured in a plastic sandwich bag.

Most of the ponies I got were fine, a few had some highlight/marker/pen marks on them. The one that was shown in the bag, came in the bag, because she can some strange goo in her hair.

However, I was planning on using them to make customs, and I paid less than $2 a piece for them, so I was fine with it. But I could imagine someone getting upset over this.  :huh:
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Sandra

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
My pet peeve is when sellers describe ponies as "in played-with condition" and provide no other details. That is SO vague. Some ponies can still look in excellent shape when "played with". I'd made a mistake once and bought a pony in this condition and was surprised to find that it had Sharpie all over it's non-display side and belly, none of which were visible from the auction photo. The worst part is that the seller would not issue me a refund and kept saying that I knew I was buying a pony in "played with" condition, so it was my own fault. I have since learned my lesson and ALWAYS contact a seller who does not go into precise detail in their description. It might make me come off as picky or annoying, but I'd rather have it that way than deal with a disaster like that again.

tiktok

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
I'd made a mistake once and bought a pony in this condition and was surprised to find that it had Sharpie all over it's non-display side and belly, none of which were visible from the auction photo. The worst part is that the seller would not issue me a refund and kept saying that I knew I was buying a pony in "played with" condition, so it was my own fault.

Maybe in Toy Story land that counts as "played with" condition; that is almost Sid-level toy destruction there. I can't imagine what kind of person would think it was acceptable to even sell a toy that had been half colored with permanent marker at all, let alone without mentioning it. What if it had been for a child? Imagine the disappointment. :(

Then again, I went into a frothing rant the other day about one of my baits for customizing - she was a Medley with beautiful symbols and a nice silky mane, intact glitter and everything... but some adult had written a name directly on the front of her neck in sharpie. ~headshake~

One thing that's really been bugging me lately on eBay is seeing lots listed as MLP lots that consist of one MLP (if that!) and ten various fakies. That's not an MLP lot, people. Don't pretend you don't remember buying those things at the dollar store.  >_<

GoodyGumdrop

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »
This reminds me why I so rarely buy from Ebay.

The few times I have bought ponies from Ebay, it has been from sellers with  high feedback that included multiple pictures of the pony for sale (front, back, sides, etc).

Vulpy

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »
I think this belongs here:

I know she's MIB, but isn't that WAY too expensive? :huh:

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:36 AM »
Hi ,

I understand your feeling.

Concerning Ebay descriptions, maybe you will all kill me  :P but I always do little descriptions but write clearly that I can provide additionnal pics if wanted.
And that for 2 principals reasons:
1- I have a baby boy and I can not be way form him on internet too long when I want to put some ponies on ebay. Even 10 ponies, sorry but I take time to do it (I have also an old computer)
2- when I started to sell on ebay I try to do very very precise and lon description and I was very disappointed because a lot of time I got people who after receving the ponies always find a very tiny tiny thing which was wrong for them, so I have decide to not lose time in description and provide good pics instead.
Hope my English is ok  ^.^

Hugs
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
This happened to me once. She came in a lot. There were alot of pictures of that lot, but this one pony was always placed so you wouldnt see the other side. I didnt think much of it back then, and she is still in my collection anyway.

This is what I saw when I bought her:

And this is how she looks when you turn her around:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal