collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newbie On Paypal  (Read 635 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Newbie On Paypal
« on: June 07, 2012, 03:50:46 AM »
Yes, I'm a little bit behind hehe. I still haven't got a paypal account which I realize will limit me ALOT while doing buisiness online. For example I can't really use my ebay account anymore since most sellers want you to pay through Paypal.
Back in the days when I used to do transactions online (which is now about 5-6 years ago) I used to send cash payment, but not only is that risky in this day and age, most sellers won't accept that. Which is completely undersandable.

So I figured I'd start a Paypal account and... well I came as far as to register hehe. I've tried reading all the FAQ's and info there is on the Paypal site but it's still just confusing me >.< I was hoping that someone here might be able to give me a quick and simple explination of how it works and how I use it cuz' I feel the urge to go on a pony shopping spree comming on ;)
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie On Paypal
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:53:32 AM »
You mean making the account or using paypal?

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 03:55:57 AM »
Oh sorry if I left that part out hehe. I ment using it. I managed to register yesterday. But that's also how far I got in understanding it :P

Have no clue how I'm supposed to pay with it.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 04:05:51 AM »
Sites that accept paypal usually have a button at the check out that redirects you to paypal where you'll be asked to confirm the transaction.
That is if your account has enough funds on it.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 05:49:05 AM »
On eBay, there's automatic directs for Paypal.  It'll just fill in all the info when you log in to Paypal. 

On any other site that accepts Paypal, it'll give you somewhere to click to take you there.  It probably will fill out the info for you in that case as well.

To send money to someone otherwise, log in to your account and on the toolbar there will be an option to send money.  This will require having an email address to send it to.

Hope I was helpful!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:01:36 AM »
Well if i understand you and everything I read right I'll have to transfer money from my normal account onto the paypal account and then I'll just use it to pay like I would if I paied with my normal creditcard.

It's getting more clear now anyway, just hope that the first person I do a transaction with will have patience with me just in case XD

Thanks for the help guys :)
~*Erica*~

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:45:39 AM »
It can also automatically debit from a bank account if you have one associated with the account.  Also, you can put credit cards on there as back-up sources or just to make paying by credit card easier.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:05:17 AM »
Ah that's convenient :) Thank you so much for clarifying things and make sense of it to me hehe.
~*Erica*~

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 07:20:19 AM »
What they said. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 03:06:35 AM »
you can also buy a greendot prepaid card and load money onto your paypal account that way, that is what i did until i got my bank account linked to paypal.
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 09:35:05 AM »
Its pretty simple when you log on--im sure if you just take a few minutes to look around it will become clearer for you :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
question also
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
The green dot card is faster to use to load money (only and hour) taking it from your account can take up to 7 or more days

I've never had a debit option even though my debit card is hooked up it still takes 7 days to go through my bank?? I consider that credit. Did I enter it in wrong?? also I wanted a paypal debit card that will let me use my paypal money (not just on line) but when I clicked to apply it said I already tried in the past thirty days (which I didn't) or that I wasn't a US citizen (which I am) 

does any one have a paypal debit? can it be used at atms?

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 10:42:44 AM »
Thanks to the help from you guys I managed to find a link to attach my Visa card with my paypal account. I'm still waiting for the verification code tho which seems to take ages hehe.
Hopefully I'll have that part sorted out soon anyway, then I just need to take it for a "testdrive" :P

Now I'm curious tho, where do you buy those Green Dot cards? If it's something bought in stores I don't think we have that here in Sweden. And I am using the Swedish paypal site, not sure if there's any difference to that from the american version.
~*Erica*~

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »
Thanks to the help from you guys I managed to find a link to attach my Visa card with my paypal account. I'm still waiting for the verification code tho which seems to take ages hehe.
Hopefully I'll have that part sorted out soon anyway, then I just need to take it for a "testdrive" :P

Now I'm curious tho, where do you buy those Green Dot cards? If it's something bought in stores I don't think we have that here in Sweden. And I am using the Swedish paypal site, not sure if there's any difference to that from the american version.

The green dot cards are not available in Sweden.

If you linked your Visa to your paypal you should be all set to go on a shopping spree. Have fun!

And yeah, sometimes the codes take a while...

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
Desert Rose, seems you've gotten the help needed here - however, if you want more help either in Eng or Swe -  feel free to toss me a pm with whatever questions you might have. I can screenshot and post if it's a button or "where do I find this" problem :)

It's really the easiest thing in the world (even easier than logging in to your bank account). I'm sure you'll get a hang of it soon :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal