collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you buy a MLP video game? (Read details below)

Yes
Maybe
No, not interested
No, don't play video games

Author Topic: My Little Pony console video game?  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony console video game?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 04:51:53 PM »
I'd also love to see a game with exploration and puzzle-solving elements similar to Zelda and Okami, but without the suggestive content the latter has. Violence wouldn't have to be over-the-top, it could be something similar to that found in the old Spyro games where the enemies turn into gems or puffs of smoke. Games aren't often rated (I'm not talking about the ESRB here) on violence or adult-content, they're appreciated for their storylines and gameplay. A storyline that's gentle enough for children, but mature enough for adults would be ideal, like that in the Zelda or E-rated Fire Emblem games.

I'm opposed to the idea of a Skylanders-like game because I do not want to have to pay for additional characters to unlock content already on the game.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
I would certainly buy it if I had the console it was released on. I have a 3DS.... I could totally see a 3DS game made of MLP.

If they made one, I'd like something they'd take time on to actually make fun and interesting instead of slapping the name "My Little Pony" on crap and selling it.

Most games based off toys or cartoons aren't good. Very few exceptions.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
Hate the Gameloft game with all my soul (especially for the micro-transaction thing, i think that those things had to be forbidden by law in a kids game, it´s gross.)  so a full game in one of the standard plattform for me is fine.

Sincerely sometimes im amused about how the people is worried about the adult content in the G4, and how the people seems to be totally fine with a game who trains the kids from their early childhood in paying overhelming quantitys of money for...nothing. Virtual smoke.

¿Maybe a game Mario-Party style? Suitable for kids and for fans/brony meetups together.

I hate that game so much too-   it is so seriously evil.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 12:35:47 PM »
I think it'd be cool if the hypothetical developers just copied what the South Park RPG did, but with ponies.

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2014, 06:48:09 AM »
As a great Zelda fan I don't see how you all expect Zelda to work with ponies. Without combat, its just an adventure puzzle game. And I would never want to see ponies in that kind of combat. And Zelda may have a linear storyline but the game play itself is hardly linear. Not wide open sandbox by any means but definitely based around exploration and world building.

Zelda type games require combat and dungeons and a big bad. None of those are suitable for ponies.

I loved the G2 computer game. Any pony game should be more expansive on what Friendship Gardens had to offer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Baby_Ponies2014

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hear now the words of the Great Mother, who of...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »
What is with everyone thinking kids can't handle violence in video games have you played the Legend of Zelda, has lots of appropriate violence for all ages.

Why would combat and violence be used in a franchise with such heavy themes of friendship and kindness?
There is always another rainbow, somewhere 'round the bend

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2014, 08:14:23 AM »
What is with everyone thinking kids can't handle violence in video games have you played the Legend of Zelda, has lots of appropriate violence for all ages.

Why would combat and violence be used in a franchise with such heavy themes of friendship and kindness?
This!!!

I LOVE Zelda but Ponies simply are not appropriate for any kind of combat or violence

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2014, 08:17:44 AM »

This!!!

I LOVE Zelda but Ponies simply are not appropriate for any kind of combat or violence

Did you watch the season 1 premiere, season 2 finales, or season 4 finales, etc? All I mean by fighting is fighting such things as manticores, hydras, changelings, villians, etc.

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
No, no Zelda :P

An adventure game will do :3 with various tasks and missions that aren't complicated and requires little-medium amount of thinking :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Baby_Ponies2014

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Hear now the words of the Great Mother, who of...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »

This!!!

Did you watch the season 1 premiere, season 2 finales, or season 4 finales, etc? All I mean by fighting is fighting such things as manticores, hydras, changelings, villians, etc.

Thats still increadibly cartoonish, designed to be exciting, but not violent per say. It was made with strong added in humor, such as pinkie using her party canon in the season 2 finally (which, btw, I did watch).
There is always another rainbow, somewhere 'round the bend

Offline Tap Dancer

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:37 AM »
I would not be interested because I'm sure it would be a G4 version game and I don't follow G4. I might be interested in some kind of retro G1 game, though.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2014, 04:49:44 AM »
I would love an MLP game if it were like Animal Crossing. I'd love to become a pony, and move into Ponyville (or maybe you even get a choice of towns to move into, like Canterlot or Cloudsdale!), talk to ponies, live a simple life as a pony. Maybe you could get "jobs" and do things like clear the sky or farm or make cake. You could form friendships with the other ponies. There's goals you can accomplish but you don't HAVE to do them; you're free to do what you want.

That would be THE dream game for me, honestly. :lovey:
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2014, 05:10:39 AM »
I would love an MLP game if it were like Animal Crossing. I'd love to become a pony, and move into Ponyville (or maybe you even get a choice of towns to move into, like Canterlot or Cloudsdale!), talk to ponies, live a simple life as a pony. Maybe you could get "jobs" and do things like clear the sky or farm or make cake. You could form friendships with the other ponies. There's goals you can accomplish but you don't HAVE to do them; you're free to do what you want.

That would be THE dream game for me, honestly. :lovey:
Heck ya! Pony Crossing XD
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2014, 08:11:53 AM »
I feel like the community is so tired of the brony "look, we've combined every violent video game with ponies" trend that now we're swinging the pendulum too far the other way.  As a little girl I watched ponies getting chained to sewing machines to make cloth out of their own hair to turn all their friends into glass.  What's a little Zelda style violence compared to that?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal