collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who are your FOUR favorite Rainbow ponies?

Parasol
17 (8.7%)
Sunlight
17 (8.7%)
Windy
17 (8.7%)
Moonstone
28 (14.4%)
Starshine
16 (8.2%)
Skydancer
15 (7.7%)
Trickles
10 (5.1%)
Confetti
24 (12.3%)
Pinwheel
14 (7.2%)
Starflower
13 (6.7%)
Tickle
11 (5.6%)
Flutterbye
13 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: My FOUR favorite Rainbow ponies  (Read 3039 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
My FOUR favorite Rainbow ponies
« on: September 14, 2023, 02:36:04 PM »
I’ve done these for Twinkle Eyes, So Softs, TAFs, and Princess ponies. Now it’s time for the Rainbow ponies! I never had Rainbow ponies as a kid, but when I started collecting G1 ponies from years two and three a couple years ago, I’ve acquired all of them from the first set and half of them from the second set. Here are my FOUR favorite Rainbow ponies:

1. Moonstone - I love ponies with celestial symbols, so it should come as no surprise that Moonstone is my favorite Rainbow pony. And as much as I love ponies with moons and stars, what make Moonstone even more unique is that she has a planet, which you don’t see as often. The Moonstone I got a few years ago unfortunately has most of her symbol rubbed off. I guess that’s bound to happen when a symbol is created from glitter! I do wish her blue color was a tad darker.

2. Parasol - I think she is so cute! My Parasol is in pretty good condition and I got her for a great deal. I don’t really use the word “parasol”, like ever, but that’s probably because parasols are used for protection against the sun and I never use them. Does anyone use a parasol these days? I suppose Parasol could also be called “Umbrella”, but that’s just not as cute of a name.

3. Windy - Yep, both unicorns from the first set made my list. I do like their pose (both with the right hoof raised). Windy is lavender, but the Windy I have in my possession has had her color fade pretty significantly.  I still love her, though! Her glittery purple gusts of wind symbol is still pretty much in tact. I think they did a great job of depicting wind as her symbol.

4. Trickles - I will admit that I almost chose Starshine as my fourth favorite Rainbow pony as I do love white ponies with rainbow hair. But I went with a pony from the second set of Rainbow ponies. I think Trickles is really cute; I love her watering cans symbol as it’s something different and we never see anything like that again. The trotting pose she’s in is my favorite pose. I do wish her yellow coloring had a little more pop. The Trickles I obtained is a bit faded, though I wonder if this is just something that happens with all (or most) the Rainbow ponies? Also, does it bug anyone else that there's a Tickle in this group of ponies? Why do they have two ponies with very similar names in the same set of six?

Overall, I like the Rainbow ponies from the first set better than the second set. Their mane and tail colors complement them much better than the second set’s. If I had to choose a least favorite Rainbow pony, it would have to be Pinwheel, who I recently acquired. My God, what a garish pony! Her toxic waste neon pink color does not complement her mane and tail colors. Her name is cute and I do love the pinwheel symbols. I just wanted to say something positive about her!

Who are your FOUR favorite Rainbow ponies, and, if you had to choose, who is your LEAST favorite Rainbow pony?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: My FOUR favorite Rainbow ponies
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 02:51:37 PM »
Sunlight-I've always wanted her, and thanks to BF I have her new.  She's so gorgeous!

Windy-My first pony ever, I'm glad to have this lovely back.

Moonstone-When my kid got hers, I knew I had to have one too.

Trickles-It was a toss up between her and Skydancer, but her colors are so pretty and springtime. And I love that copper glitter. I would never have bothered with her if I hadn't seen her in person at Crackerbarrel.

I prefer the first set to the second.

My least favorite is Pinwheel. Her colors do not look pleasant impo.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 07:15:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 03:00:15 PM »
Sunlight - Her colors and symbol are so pretty!

Parasol - She's just so happy!

Confetti - Again, a happy pony.

My favorite from the set, Flutterbye - She was one of my first ponies from a friend. She's so pretty and orange :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 06:10:00 AM »
I picked the three I used to have: Skydancer, Parasol, & Confetti (Wedding Bells version), & the one I most wanted: Moonstone, for my four!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 10:28:47 AM »
Windy and Pinwheel I had as a child.  I picked Skydancer because she is in Escape from Catrina.  I also picked Trickles because of her symbols and colors.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2023, 06:45:30 PM »
1. Moonstone - I have had since childhood and still have! :heart: She has such beautiful colors and the symbol is great!

2. Starflower - I have had since childhood and still have! :heart: She has such beautiful colors and the symbol is great!

3. Starshine - A beautiful pony with a beautiful symbol! I have the Peruvian version of her. I may also have a regular version of her, but I can't remember where it is now.  :lookround:

4. Sunlight - A beautiful pony with a beautiful symbol! I only have the retro version of her.
:zzz:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 07:08:45 PM »
Rainbow ponies are the best.

Skydancer  One of my favorite ponies. I love her yellow color and the little green birds. Her pink eyes are also pretty and unique.

Trickles I love yellow ponies and she and Posey look like sisters.

Flutterbye It's all about the butterflies.

Confetti  She's beautiful and very, very colorful.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Gusty.87

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 09:13:16 AM »
Pinwheel
Starflower
Tickles
Flutterbye

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 11:37:23 PM »
Confetti because she was a childhood favorite and I just love her pose, colors and glittery symbol.
Trickles, also a childhood favorite for the same reasons as Confetti.
Starshine because I love her colors and symbol and I love how my mom got her for me as a surprise one day.
Sunlight because I love her colors.

I love all the rainbow ponies!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 10:46:39 PM »
Wow such an even spread! I voted Parasol, Starflower, Flutterbye and Confetti. However, in my mind, my favourite Confetti is the shy pose version and I couldn't decide between her and Starshine. Starshine to me really stands out from either set.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2023, 12:24:22 PM »

Skydancer  One of my favorite ponies. I love her yellow color and the little green birds. Her pink eyes are also pretty and unique.

I decided to take a picture of them and now I see Windy in the background giving me a look.  Choosing is harder than I thought!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2023, 12:02:18 AM »

I decided to take a picture of them and now I see Windy in the background giving me a look.  Choosing is harder than I thought!

Haha, yes!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2023, 07:57:22 PM »
Thank you to everyone who voted in my poll. Here is a collective ranking of the Rainbow ponies:

1. Moonstone (23 votes)
2.-3. Sunlight and Confetti (tied with 14 votes)
4.-6. Parasol, Windy, and Starshine (tied with 13 votes)
7.-8. Skydancer and Pinwheel (tied with 12 votes)
9. Flutterbye (11 votes)
10.-11. Trickles and Starflower (tied with 8 votes)
12. Tickle (7 votes)

A few observations:

-Obviously, there is a lot of ties, but there is a clear winner. Moonstone has nine votes more than the next two ponies. I’m not surprised at all that Moonstone is the clear favorite. I personally love her planet and stars symbol and I imagine other people do too.

-On the other end of the spectrum, while Tickle only has one less vote than the two ponies ahead of her, I’m not totally surprised she’s last. Personally, I would rank Flutterbye and Pinwheel below her as I’m not really fond of their colors.

-I noticed that five of the top six ponies are from the first set of Rainbow Ponies. (Moonstone, Sunlight, Parasol, Windy, and Starshine). This does not surprise me either as I think the first set has better body and hair colors and symbols (for the most part) than the second set. Although Confetti sneaked up there in the top half. Out of curiosity, is there anyone who prefers the second set to the first set?

-I’m a little sad that Trickles is second to last (at least tied for second to last) because I really love her watering can symbols!

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2023, 09:59:48 PM »
I'm actually not a huge fan of the first set of rainbow ponies. Simply because their manes feels a bit saturated. I love the idea of the set and would love if Hasbro made even more rainbow ponies. I just wish the colors where more vibrant! :rainbow:

My top 4

Flutterbye- A childhood pony so I have very fond memories of her. And she is lovely and vibrant! :heart:

Trickles - I am a sucker for yellow ponies and gardening so what's not to like!

Confetti- There's something about her that just screams "HAPPY!" and I love it! I prefer the US version in Posey's pose.

Skydancer - Even thought I said I'm not a big fan of the first set... But she's yellow! I only have the repro and her colors feels bolder :blush:

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Kitcatepic

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 09:08:34 AM »
Windy is my favorite and one of the only two rainbow poines I own I picked confetti starflower and pinwheel as my other 3
long live chrysalis

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal