collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So Soft ponies  (Read 2052 times)

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
So Soft ponies
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:30:22 PM »
At the moment I'm obsessed with so-softs, even though I've never owned one. I want one really bad!  :biggrin: I haven't really had much experience with flocked toys, and when I did get a flocked toy in the past, the flocking was usually very thin and kinda scratchy and not as "cool" feeling as it's meant to be. However, I've heard that So Softs are extremely soft and fluffy, and my question is do they compare to any other flocked toy? How "soft" do they actually feel? What could you compare them to? I just want all the SS lovers to rave about these ponies in this thread LOL  :lol:  because I'm really considering getting one, either through trading or just buying one, even though the ones with good flocking are usually quite pricey.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: So Soft ponies
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure the first two sets are fluffier than the last set. The last set has shorter flocking?

It's worth holding out for a really nice condition one, though. Even if it is a bit more expensive.  I also adore So Softs, though I don't have any other flocked toys to compare with - they really should be quite "soft".

Only a handful of my loose ones are really perfectly minty, and I love all my ponies, but those few look and feel so awesome that way that you won't regret picking the best one you can, especially if it's a pony you particularly love!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:08:15 PM »
I think they quite literally feel like the downy fuzz on a horses muzzle <3 Very velvety!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
Yep, they're amazing when they're nice and minty! much loved ones do tend to get rather horrid though... A friend's magic star is pretty much like lint - we've played with her since we were toddlers, though!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »
I love rubbing so soft's feet! like right on the bottom, seems to be the fuzziest spot.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 04:07:12 PM »
I have a very threadbare Truly sitting atop my Flutter/SS/Winger cabinet. She's really very sad looking, but I keep her because when the collector living near us sold up her ponies, it seemed like this was the one she loved most, and was allowed to actually play with (it was a messed up situation, really. I think it was more her mum collecting than her, and she wasn't allowed to play with many of them). So I adopted that Truly, so she had a good home, even though she's..erm...yeah. Sad.

My other Truly is a totally different pony. She's soft and fuzzy and beautiful to touch and look at. The fact that it's the same pony but in two total different states of being emphasises imo that the mintier the SS for a collector, the better. Some of the more common ones show up in better condition more often - maybe look for one of them to start your craze?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightFury

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 04:55:24 AM »
I think they quite literally feel like the downy fuzz on a horses muzzle <3 Very velvety!

When I read this I thought....gee that's right! Good one.

Thank you Whippetluv and MustBeJewel for these siggies!
Lofty was adopted on 19/1/06 from the Lullabye Nursery.
I was previously known as Jasper years ago on the Arena and MLPTP, and Jasper1 on Pony Island.

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 07:51:40 AM »
Totally worth forking out the extra for a good condition one!

The only downer is that their hair tends to be shorter.
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 07:57:40 AM »
I have So Soft Wind Whistler and Paradise.  They're a little discolored, but they're soft and fuzzy.

Anyone else picture the So Softs as ponies with their longer, softer, winter coats grown in?  Makes an interesting explanation for why most have a non-flock version somewhere.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »
I love them when they are super clean and bright- they get grubby so easily!  I have tried cleaning really dirty well-played ponies from my childhood with mixed results...  but getting your hands on a nice minty one is a real treat :D

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »

Or like that spot on top of a kitten's nose where the hair changes direction. ^.^ I don't have any flocked toys to compare with either.

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »

Or like that spot on top of a kitten's nose where the hair changes direction. ^.^ I don't have any flocked toys to compare with either.

I literally just went to find my kitty and touch that spot  :lol:  now I want a so-soft even more!  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
*imagines a confused kitty* - "so what was all that about, then?" XD

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »

I literally just went to find my kitty and touch that spot  :lol:  now I want a so-soft even more!  :biggrin:

Grabbed my cat to test, will second this!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »
So-Softs are wonderful! :) I saw many in a catalog as a kid and wondered what they were like. I wanted several, including Wind Whistler, Lofty, and ... Heartthrob, I think. I have Wind Whistler, North Star, and Cupcake and I adore them all! It's so nice to reach over and stroke them. I plan to get some more after I see about some other purchases (including Mainsail, hopefully).

Funny thing about Lofty: I found her so intriguing, but I had no idea that her symbol is a balloon. I pictured Lofty = attic lofts, and that fascinated me because attics seem like such mysterious, fun places. ;)

The only real downside is, yes, they get dirty awfully easily. My Wind Whistler apparently fell over in the dirt at some point before I got her. I was able to get most of it off with antibacterial hand wipes, but there's still a pesky, miniscule amount remaining. But she's still really lovely despite that and her flocking being a little thin in some places. And her hair is still a good deal pink, which is hard to find when they have that fading pink hair!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal