collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TRU Pic Haul: Why aren't these ponies? & SoftLite Dash, Fakies, Wig (W/photos)  (Read 752 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Just got done doing a bit of looking (but not shopping) in Toys R Us...
Spotted some things I hadn't seen around and wanted to do some photos like this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So here's Photo Finish Pixel Dazzle & Blurry Violet...but why aren't these ponies?
I heard of that Adagio Dazzle & Sonata Something that went with whatever other band Sunset Shimmer is on, but these guys were new to me. Did they make Photo Finish into another band? Why does everything have to be a band?

I would buy these characters if they were ponies. If we weren't getting new characters like that cutie mark magic one with flowers & the big styling one with new styling applejack, I'd be seriously fearing they were trying to phase out ponies & just switch "MLP" to "MLD" which I do not like the idea of. Also how is this called "pony mania" when it has nothing really to do with ponies?

Then I saw these unseen by me before fakies.

It was odd because they don't even have a package, they're just hang by  a cord on their neck. The body is like g1 type proportion, but the head eye & wing are very g3ish.

Its too bad this headband is so small.

I had not seen this Soft Lite thing before

It reminds me of a fashems and it is actually pretty soft. Has anyone seen any other characters? It seems kind of weirdly made, Im not sure what to think of it.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I love violet blurr. She reminds me of g2 Ivy my favorite g2!

Those fakes are adorable! I'll have to pick a few up!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
I wish that headband was adult sized. The quality of that set looks great. Would make a great quick RD halloween costume. Thanks for sharing you trip. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
I think Rainbow Dash is the only character right now to have one a Soft Lite.  It's a fairly new product.

I saw those fakies at my TRU as well!  They were in the $5 and below section near the front though, not with the MLP toys.
Instagram / Want List

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
The dolls are actually called Photo Finish, Violet Blurr and Pixel Pizzaz :) They're part of the Pony Mania line, which has a punky gothic theme (you can see this by the black and white colour scheme, and Pixel Pizazz has eyeball hairties!) Photo Finish does have a pony counterpart, but not her two friends. Here's a picture of some of the other things from the Pony Mania line:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:08:32 PM by moonsugar »
:fox:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Sonata Dusk, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, Violet Blurr & Pixel Pizazz all need pony versions. Sapphire Shores needs a brushable (won't even comment on her differences from the BB. :hmm:). It irks me so much that there are this many EqG character dolls that don't have pony counterparts.  >_<

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Sonata Dusk, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, Violet Blurr & Pixel Pizazz all need pony versions. Sapphire Shores needs a brushable (won't even comment on her differences from the BB. :hmm:). It irks me so much that there are this many EqG character dolls that don't have pony counterparts.  >_<

Agreed. I'd like to see the pony versions sold on their own too! I'd be pretty peeved if they released pony versions but only bundled with the doll. Not going to pay $20 for a $6 brushable and a doll I don't want...But I get the feeling they'd do something like this.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
For some reason as I was scrolling down, I thought the hair clip was meant to be an actual toy and was like "Flamin' eck these new ponies are going in a strange direction!" XD That light is very cute, although the notion of it having a soft surface is a bit odd.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
They're all in bands because one of the plot points of Rainbow Rocks is a battle of the bands, and these dolls are all tie-in with the movie.  However, as Toys R Us exclusives, they get put in the Pony Mania line.  After all, it wouldn't make sense economically to have another completely separate line of exclusives just to highlight the fact that they're related to the Rainbow Rocks line of dolls.  It's the same reason that the Walmart exclusives are still part of the Through the Mirror line instead of a new trademark, even though they're also related to Rainbow Rocks, (though we never see them like that in the movie, which would have been awesome).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile

Ugh ^ This. The sheer number of new doll characters is starting to get frustrating :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Then I saw these unseen by me before fakies.

It was odd because they don't even have a package, they're just hang by  a cord on their neck. The body is like g1 type proportion, but the head eye & wing are very g3ish.

I saw those fakies on Friday and for one glorious split-second, I actually believed they were genuine My Little Ponies. I've had several dreams about finding G1 Ponies loose in Toys R Us, just like these fakies. Ah, sigh. If only....

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Then on the other hand we have a bunch of ponies out (or coming out) that don't have a doll. Cheerilee, Muffin pony, Holly Dash, Lyra, Sweetie Drops, Skywishes, Honey Rays, Diamond Mint and Flower Wishes all only have pony forms so far.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Man I am going to have to make a stop sometime again at the TRU store!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Agreed. I guess I just miss the days when it was solely My Little Pony.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
I dunno...I thought the doll line was "ick" when I first saw it, but bough a deluxe Rarity doll that i found at the thrift and had a riot playing with it! Then the Celestia doll was on sale, and she came wth this wonderful little pony as well, so I picked her up and was sad to see that she wasn't articulated, so I switched the heads and now she has Rarity's bendy body...the things are so much fun, I finally see the appeal of toys like these! So much fun to pose and pay wiith...now i'm into Ever After High because of it and I've never liked dolls, even when i was little!

I also put Zecora's head on a Monster High Ghoulia's body:

I agree that they should also be ponies, but I like the idea of the dolls being their own thing for the most part. Now I'm sad that they aren't all articulated, but are stiff and appear to be in rigormortis :(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:49:08 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal