collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trouble getting Deluxe Equestria Girls to stand?  (Read 269 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Trouble getting Deluxe Equestria Girls to stand?
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:07:28 AM »
So I was having some issues getting my deluxe Rainbow Dash to stand with her clunky red boots. Upon inspection, one seemed to be slightly lower than the other. Thus, I decided the logical thing to do was to switch boots.

The less-clunky blue boots decided to switch the problem by making the right one lower than the left one, whereas with the red boots it was the opposite. This made me decide the problem was how tightly the boots were on the doll. I managed to push them somehow so that they were around the same length, but I continued to have trouble getting her to stand.

I think it may be because of her knees? I found that it was difficult to keep the knees from swiveling when I was trying to adjust the boots. I had to try to hold the lower leg in place while turning the boots.

Has anyone else had these problems? I like Rainbow's red outfit better than the blue one, even though blue's my favorite color, but I'm wondering if I dare try to switch back to the red boots again. She's standing for the moment in the blue ones, which may be easier to stand with in general due to not being as heavy, but I'm doubtful as to whether she'll manage to not take a tumble again.

BowtieG1

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Trouble getting Deluxe Equestria Girls to stand?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »
I don't have any Equestria Girls, but I do know most of the doll collectors on Tumblr have the same issues as you.

All you can really do is try to buy or make some doll stands for them, either that or buy a ton of bodies that vaguely match the skintone of an Equestria Girl. You can get Monster High stands for dirt cheap on eBay and with a little bit of bending and adjusting the height they'll be a great fit for an Equestria Girl.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:08:56 PM by BowtieG1 »

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »
I've found they stand fine when you have them gently propped against something, like a wall or even doll furniture.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My collection displayed, aside Celestia who was in route via mail when the picture was taken.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »
I only have a couple but yes I have found a support system is necessary if you dont want them to over balance at the smallest opportunity :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 03:32:35 PM »
I use stands from my La Dee Da dolls. The clothes and stands from that doll series fit the EqG dolls perfectly.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
Some of mine stand ok, some don't. I made a box (like a box at a stadium or theatre) to display them in, just just a cereal box in half, covered in paper and voila!!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »
I've never had the slightest problem getting Twilight and Sunset to stand without support, so Deluxe Rainbow is the first one to give me trouble. She's still standing in the blue boots, though, and hasn't fallen over at all since my last adjustment hours ago, so I don't feel like trying to switch back to the red boots.

I don't like to use stands when I can possibly avoid it. (I have to use them for my Sailor Moon dolls.) They're so big and clunky and get in the way, especially when I like to repeatedly hold the dolls throughout the day.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »
I agree, stands can be really clunky =/ I like the clear ones the craddle the crotch of the doll. It looks less obtrusive and harder to notice (much like the stand that came with the Catastrophe monster high doll)

My gears are turning. I'm going to experiment with ways to make unobtrusive stands to help support the EG's legs.

Just to be clear, are you certain her boot is all the way clicked into the peg? I found, when I checked my own, that a few were not 'clicked' in.

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:25 AM »
Surprisingly my Deluxe ones stand fine on their own, but they require some patience to get it right. Rainbow Dash can be tricky since her center is thrown off with that giant pony tail. Rarity though stands great by herself.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
Kissthethunder: Yeah, the boots are pushed on the way on now. :) They weren't at the very first. Even after I pushed them on all the way, though, I was having trouble for a while with getting her to stand.

Zargata: Ahh, it makes sense that the ponytail would affect Rainbow's balance. I hadn't thought of that before.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal