collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To deflock or not to deflock, that is the question  (Read 115 times)

Offline milkywaymochi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
To deflock or not to deflock, that is the question
« on: November 17, 2022, 06:43:44 AM »
Hello all, I know I haven't been active on here in quite a while, but I'm back!

I've just bought the lovely so soft paradise, which I'm very pleased with since I didn't think I would find her. The main reason I got her for a reasonable price is because her condition is uh, well used. I'm not certain but I feel like her hair is slightly faded? But that's not the issue, her flocking itself isn't absolutely terrible, but it's not great either, with significant rubbing to her wings, neck, hooves and ears, only slightly less so on the rest of her body. And the glue is yellow, like *really* yellow. Apologies in advance for the not great pictures, but she's yellower than she looks on camera. (Go left for the other pictures)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185078305@N04/52506292588/in/dateposted-public/

So I'm leaning towards deflocking her, because I really feel like there's a decent chance of her still being a nice shade of white under all that glue, but on the other hand I have deflocked twice before, and while both times had good results, as you can imagine deflocking is not a task I want to undertake unless I really have to.

So what do you all think, deflock or not?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: To deflock or not to deflock, that is the question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 07:15:20 AM »
Oh she is in bad condition :( (also since when do you have to watch an ad while looking at people's pictures? :crazy: )

I'd say if you want to do the work, go ahead. You can sunfade her back to white or use a peroxide bath and rehair her. I agree, her hair looks faded. It's supposed to be a bright red, isn't it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline DracoKat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »
I've deflocked 2 Paradises, adn they are rather easy in my experience. the flock came off painlessly. I'd say go ahead and deflock!

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 08:42:46 AM »
Deflocked Paradise is very pretty.  She's bad enough it's not a question of taking a viable so soft out of the rotation...she'd have a nice new life as a pretty deflocked girl!
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 09:57:18 AM »
If it was me personally I would keep the flock and tackle the yellowing with sunfading/other method.
That's just because I love the So Softs even if flock was missing, gives her character !
I've fixed faded pink manes before with hair dye that's diluted and conditioner like - (The brand I use is called Pick and Mix by Superdrug - I'm sure there's an equivalent in other drugstores)
But for Paradises' unique  tropical red colour I think a stronger dye would be more appropriate?
Ultimately it's up to you, de flocking will also look beautiful
Post some before and after photos with whatever you choose do to, I love a good restoration !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal