collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First and last childhood ponies  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: First and last childhood ponies
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 09:58:57 AM »
Fun thread!

I clearly remember getting Peachy with her parlor as my first pony one christmas, & High Flyer was the last pony I got as a kid. What's odd is although I had fifteen or so other ponies, I can only recall how I got a few of them. Majesty/Dream Castle one Christmas & the MO Sparkle Ponies for a birthday, but there's a herd of others that were "always there." Eh, I just don't remember stuff like that very well!

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
I also remember getting Hearth Throb as a birthday present. She was the first of many ponies and I still have her.

My last ponies were Princess Tiffany and Princess Primerose, I found them on a trip to Paraguay long after MLP becomes unavailable in Brazil, I was so happy to find them even if at first glance their medalions and 3D symbols felt weird, they quickly got my heart.

In between there were many nice pony related surprises from my family.

Only many years later I found about ebay, also remember the very first lot I bought there, about... 16 years ago o.o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »
Technically I had a whole bunch of first childhood ponies as my sister and I were given a load of hand-me-downs. There were 2 Poseys in the herd, so I guess that would make her my first pony that was uniquely mine as we had one each. I don't have the original one anymore but she was the first one I replaced when I started collecting ponies again (and she's still my favourite!)
As for my last childhood pony, that would've been during the G3 era. It was either Desert Palm or Cloud Climber; I got both of those when I was 14 and still have them a whole decade later! :)

Offline wondermintUK

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »
My first pony was FF Minty - I specifically asked for her from Santa Claus the first year that MLP appeared :) - and my last childhood pony was Tropical Breeze flutter pony.  My sister was younger and continued to get ponies for presents but I was 'too old' for ponies and that made me sad :(  Now I still have all of our childhood ponies which was a great start to my collection herd :D

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »
My Firsts were Moondancer and Firefly and I've never stopped collecting/buying ponies since I first got them way back in the early 80's so I don't have a last pony :/
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »
My first was Baby Glory.  (I still have most of her accessories.)  The last ponies that were purchased for me were Springy (color swirl pony) and Teeny Pony Twins Sniffles and Snookums.  (I still have all their accessories as well.)  After that I didn't get back into ponies until G3 was just about done with. 

But I still remember being so excited to get the Party Pack with Baby Frosting and Party Time for Christmas the year it came out because I didn't have any flutter ponies or so softs (or any pegasus ponies for that matter-and the so soft was a pegasus) and then my parents said that they forgot to take out the so soft and the flutter pony because those were for my sister.  I think they were afraid that I would ruin them.  I said I was okay with it, but really, I was sad.  Fortunately, my sister grew out of ponies and I got them back (but by then the flutter's wings were broken).  I still have them and the accessories.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 01:45:50 PM »
First childhood pony:  Moondancer!  My grandma, who lived in a different state, bought her as a birthday present and sent her through the mail.  I was immediately enchanted.

Last pony:  Bouquet.  I don't remember how I got her--maybe my mom let me pick her out as a treat or maybe as a future birthday / Christmas present?  I am pretty sure I was able to pick her out myself, anyway.  To be honest, I found Bouquet disappointing.  Her body was hard, not like I was used to, and she had so much hair it was kind of gross.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »
First was Wing Song, who I think was a birthday or Christmas gift. Last was princess Twinkle Star, who my mum bought for me, and I remember picking her out at the toy shop.
I only had 4 ponies :P

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 03:55:02 PM »
I never had any ponies in my childhood, but I guess since my brother did have Peppermint Crunch (the only real MLP toy in our household ever) and we technically shared all our toys, you kinda could count Peppermint Crunch as my only ever childhood pony (The PC I have in my collection nowadays isn't the same one).

Offline sleepykris

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • my avatar was done by the talented aluke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »
My first was so soft Gusty.  I trimmed the red part of her hair off to distinguish her from my sister's gusty, since we had the same one.   :huh:  I love Gusty!

My last was a flutter pony, either Forget me not or Lily.  I think she was Forget me not.  She was definitely purple.  I remember not liking her as much as she was too skinny and i think one of her wings broke off. 

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 05:35:49 PM »
I was a G3 era kid  :biggrin:
My first one was Tink-a-Tink-a-Too and I vividly remember picking her out and being so excited.  We had some great adventures!  I still have her and I love her (she's the queen of my herd along with G1 Milky Way since they are my two favorites).  I remember choosing between her and Pinkie Pie (the only two in the store) and later that week I went back and got Pinkie Pie shortly thereafter.  Pinkie was one of the first toys I bought with my own money.  Other early ponies in my herd were Rainbow Dash, Cotton Candy and her Cafe, and Sunsparkle with her castle.

"Last childhood pony" is a little tricky since I never actually stopped collecting.  I went all the way through G3 and G3.5 into G4 and then in October 2013 I started collecting G1 and G2 as well.  I guess the last G3 pony that I got new at the store was Piccolo (who was from the make a pony thing in Downtown Disney) or Rainbow Swirl with the ice cream truck.  I also was given a MIB Daisy Paisley well into G3.5 (she wasn't in the box for long lol).  So I don't really have a last childhood pony?  I guess one of those three since they were the last G3s I got in the G3 era (though I've gotten G3s since).  I dunno, though, since I've been collecting steadily since the start of G3.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »
First was Cotton Candy, last was Pretty Vision.

Elf

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »
I don't know my first but my last was one of the gen 1 mermaid pony trio.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »
My first and only that I know of was
Baby water lilly sea pony. I got her when I was 3 years old. I have no idea what happned to her. As well as a bubblefish that I'd imagin my sister and I shared I was only a year old. 1992.

My first as an older kid 11
G2 tipsy tulip.

My last was a G3 morning monarch.

Sad I traded her now that I think about it..
:accomplished:

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »
My first pony was a plush Bowtie.  I told my parents I wanted a My Little Pony for my birthday, and my dad asked, "What's a My Little Pony?"  I must have given him one of those "silly daddy!" looks because he says I informed him, "It's the latest thing for little girls." 

My last childhood (teenager) pony was Princess Tiffany (MOC from German Toys'R Us--loved that store!  My sister swears she saw Nightlight for sale there once when we were kids but no one believed her for years that there was a dark blue rainbow pony until the U.S. collecting community discovered German exclusives).  I knew I was too old for toys but I could not resist!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal