collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First and last childhood ponies  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
First and last childhood ponies
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
Can you remember your first and last childhood ponies? My first pony was Blossom- I don't know if I had gotten her as a hand me down from someone or if I got her new, but I only remember her as being dirty and didn't like her as much as my other "not as dirty" ponies :lol: She was the outcast of the herd. When I took her out recently she wasn't as bad as I remembered her, but still kinda dirty looking- I think she has the smooze.

My last childhood pony, Pony Bride,  I vividly remember buying from a store called McCroy's. I remember how I loved the tinsel in her hair and I also remember thinking that I was too old for ponies, but I bought her anyway. Now that I look back on it, I don't think I was even that old.

I'd like to hear others stories and see pics if you still have your childhood ponies.

Here's my first and last childhood ponies :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:58:08 PM by Sukey »

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First and last childhood ponies
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »
Great thread :D

No pictures at the moment, but my first was Sweet Suds. Got her for free at a toy store. They were giving out damaged toys. My last "new" childhood pony was the Rice Krispie Christmas Baby Pony. Although I did get bunch of ponies after that during my childhood, including second hand ponies and G2 ponies (still consider that childhood as I was in elementary school).  There really wasn't a gap in between childhood and being a collector for me. Ponies have always been a thing for me lol.
~Foxtale~

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »

First and last childhood ponies. I was born in '98 so G3 was my era, G4 came out right as I hit about 6th grade I think, and I do believe this AppleJack was one of the earlier releases in the toyline. By then I'd stopped playing with ponies but I still collected them. Hell, still do, lol.

Technically I had 5 first ponies, because all I asked for for Christmas when I was like 4 or 5 were ponies, so I got the Cotton Candy Cafe with Cotton Candy, Meadow Brooke, and Sparkle Works, and then I got Snowflake in my stocking from "Santa" and Kimono from my uncle, because he's really into Japanese culture so he thought she would be a cool gift. But I opened Snowflake first, so technically she's my oldest by maybe half an hour.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:26:51 PM »
Don't remember who my first one was, though I wanna say it may have been Windy my last one however was Dazzleglow. I fully intend to try and get them both back in my herd :biggrin:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »
I think my very first pony was G1 cotton candy. I also think my last one was sparkle pony Twinkler. May I add Medley if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be collecting again. :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
In the order that I received them:
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:40:51 PM »
Aww I love this kind of threads :)

My very first pony was no Hasbro pony. I got a set of Mommy and Baby fakies for easter 1986 and they were my very first pony-toys ever (I was four years old). Since I loved my fakies and played a lot with them I dont have a clear memory which one was my very first Hasbro pony (I didnt see notice the differences when I was very little).
I remember seeing the Twinkle Eye Ponies in stores when I was 5 and I guess that was my first sighting of real Hasbro ponys when considering the G1 timeline. I think my first own G1 must have been Whirly or Baby Cuddles since I have very early memories with them. But im not 100% sure... who knows lol. Sadly I dont own the original fakies anymore... I had a close friend who didnt have any ponies when we first met. Her family was very poor so my mother talked me into giving her "my older ponies" so she could have some too. With "older ponies" she meant the fakies I had and so I split up my fakie herd and gave her half of them, including my Remcos, the blue Simba Mommy and Baby set and my very first set. I miss them sometimes... but I like to remember my friends face when I handed her the ponies... they were loved, thats for sure!

My last G1 pony bought in stores was 7 Tales Clover. I remember, it was the day when the very first TRU store in reach opened and my grandma took me to the opening party. I was allowed to pick two toys that day and it was a haaaaaaard proscess of chosing them. I finally ended up with a Talking Barbie doll (hated her the next day because she only said dumb stuff lol) and the pony Clover. I was torn between Mommy Berrytown, Baby Berrytown, 7 Tales Patch and many more and finally got Clover because I loved her color-scheme best. When I arrived home and introduced her to my other ponies I got a little disappointed because well, ON TV the 7 Tales ponies looked like school children (height wise) but Clover was as tall as the other adults (I had imagined she was a tiny bit smaller when I bought her).

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »
It's hard to remember my first. It was either Majesty, Peachy, or So Soft Lofty

My last pony was either Waverunner or Sprinkles

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 06:43:37 AM »
My first was FF Butterscotch, my last must have either been Megan and Sundance or Baby Cuddles and her Buggy.
The 4 I still have from childhood are Butterscotch, Posey, Confetti and Sundance.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 06:45:26 AM »
I don't remember my last childhood pony but my first was Medley!  Sadly she was accedintly left at a McDonalds and was never seen again.  But she will always have a place in my heart as my first pony.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 07:54:18 AM »
First for me was Swirly Whirly, but last is hard to say because I never exactly stopped getting them! I have a bunch that I consider something of "transition" ponies, from toy to collectible, but I got them early enough on that they still feel special to me, like my childhood ones.

So I guess the last I got new from a store was either the pink-heart Dazzleglow or Prom Queen Sweetheart Sweet Sundrop and the first of my "transition" ponies was I think either Fizzy, which I got from a cousin, or plush Bowtie, which I got at a yardsale.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 08:03:49 AM »
Can't remember who was first, but probably Applejack and Bow Tie.
My last were for my 7th birthday and they were Snowflake and Forget-Me-Not.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »
My first was SS Buttons, and my brother got SS Wind Whistler that same day.  I don't remember my last one but it could have been Secret Beauty.  I know I had her very late in my "bought at the store" childhood collection. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 08:49:02 AM »
I don't remember my last childhood pony but my first was Medley!  Sadly she was accedintly left at a McDonalds and was never seen again.  But she will always have a place in my heart as my first pony.

Awww-  such a cute picture!

My first pony was Cotton Candy- followed by Peachy and Firefly (my sister got Minty, Peachy and Medely in the same order).  No idea who the last ponies were.  Maybe flutter ponies or so soft ponies?

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 09:13:26 AM »
Hmm. This is a bit fuzzy for me because I received most of my ponies when I was very little. One of the downsides to being born in '87 is that the line was beginning to wind down so I was only able to get a few ponies. Always kind of thought the last few years were kind of the G1 run were kind of lackluster. >_>

I think my first had to be Princess BnG Brilliant Bloom. I'm surprised my parents entrusted a 1 1/2 year old with a pony that had so many small pieces! :O

The last ones I got were Teeny Tiny Pony Twins Sniffles and Snookums. I actually vaguely remember getting these from my grandparents!

I also remember impatiently waiting for my parents to help extract the Pony Bride and Secret Surprise Pretty Puff from their packaging.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal