collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My first Boy, My Big Brother Grail!  (Read 1594 times)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My first Boy, My Big Brother Grail!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »
I lived there for seventeen years, give or take a few months. ;) I know I was five when we moved there from Minnesota, and I moved away with my husband when I was twenty-two.  Last time I was in Arizona was the summer of 2009.  Blazing hot as usual!!  But you're right, the saguaro are an amazing sight.  I loved them even when I lived there.  ^.^
:tumble:

Yes, blazing hot is right! It's starting to climb up in temp again but for a while it has felt really nice out. Scotland is definitely on my list of places to go to someday!

If you ever want any cactus keychains, or an AZ knickknack just let me know!

Haha those tumble weeds! They are loads of fun to have crash into your car when you're driving  :biggrin:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
I was born in AZ, grew up in Wisconsin, lived in AZ again for a few years and have now been back in WI since 2011. I definitely miss AZ, still own a house in Buckeye. I'm definitely due for a visit, and some good off-roading! Whenever I look at Tex, I miss it more. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 10:08:46 PM »
Aww, but you will always have a little bit of AZ with you because of Tex! Off roading is pretty fun and my friend was just talking about her adventures today.  :lol:

If you too ever need az goodies just let me know and I hope you get to come back and visit soon. I need to go back to Sedona ASAP

angela22

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »
Wow he's gorgeous! Congrats!!! :biggrin:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 05:56:53 AM »
I lived there for seventeen years, give or take a few months. ;) I know I was five when we moved there from Minnesota, and I moved away with my husband when I was twenty-two.  Last time I was in Arizona was the summer of 2009.  Blazing hot as usual!!  But you're right, the saguaro are an amazing sight.  I loved them even when I lived there.  ^.^
:tumble:

Yes, blazing hot is right! It's starting to climb up in temp again but for a while it has felt really nice out. Scotland is definitely on my list of places to go to someday!

If you ever want any cactus keychains, or an AZ knickknack just let me know!

Haha those tumble weeds! They are loads of fun to have crash into your car when you're driving  :biggrin:

They sell cactus keychains now?!  As in bits of real cactus?  Seems a bit odd, but I wouldn't put it past 'em.  They sell prickly pear jelly, et al, Tequila pops with worms, and who can forget the ever-popular scorpion paper weight?  :lol: It's funny but even when I lived there I loved all that touristy stuff.  I still get a charge out of those "rattlesnake eggs" they sell in the brown envelopes.  :P

Thanks so much for offering to send an Arizona souvenir.  I do have tons of friends and a few family members that still live there, though, so I'm sure if I'm desperate I can ask one of them.  That is so sweet, though! :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 06:29:15 AM »
He's a beauty! Congrats  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »
Aww, but you will always have a little bit of AZ with you because of Tex! Off roading is pretty fun and my friend was just talking about her adventures today.  :lol:

If you too ever need az goodies just let me know and I hope you get to come back and visit soon. I need to go back to Sedona ASAP

Sedona is a wonderful place for off-roading! :biggrin: We went somewhere up north just about every weekend when I lived there.

Doesn't get any better than this! [Bumblebee/Crown King]
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »
I love Sedona.  Snoopy Rock, anyone?  ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 11:41:02 PM »
Thanks so much for offering to send an Arizona souvenir.  I do have tons of friends and a few family members that still live there, though, so I'm sure if I'm desperate I can ask one of them.  That is so sweet, though! :hug:

Yay! That's good in case you get the hankerin for some "rattlesnake eggs". XD  You're welcome :hug: !

My boyfriend has the super popular glow in the dark scorpion in that plastic keychain.... :lol: 

Sedona is a wonderful place for off-roading! :biggrin: We went somewhere up north just about every weekend when I lived there.

It is! Going up north is a nice escape from the Tucson/Phoenix. I love the colors of the landscape.

YES! I love seeing the different rock formations and the scary places mountain bikers go to. I'd probably fall off the cliff and die if I tried to WALK on Sedona's white line let alone ride a bike on it.  :happy:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »

Yay! That's good in case you get the hankerin for some "rattlesnake eggs". XD  You're welcome :hug: !

My boyfriend has the super popular glow in the dark scorpion in that plastic keychain.... :lol: 

It is! Going up north is a nice escape from the Tucson/Phoenix. I love the colors of the landscape.

YES! I love seeing the different rock formations and the scary places mountain bikers go to. I'd probably fall off the cliff and die if I tried to WALK on Sedona's white line let alone ride a bike on it.  :happy:

Oh my gosh, I know... Sedona is beautiful but I always feel like I am going to die when we drive there.  Those winding, mountainous roads to and from are soooo narrow!  Oh, and I had no idea about the white line!!  I googled it and my heart stopped in my chest!
 :yikes:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline fireglides

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Crazy Scottie Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 08:01:10 PM »
He looks handsome! Congrats. :)
:good: Selling my collection -  take a peek! :nerdy:
   500 ponies - G1, G2, G3, G4 - includes Mail Orders, Comic Con, etc.

Includes other 80s items with more coming soon...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal