collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Restoration Problem: Sharpie  (Read 3359 times)

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration Problem: Sharpie
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
Sorry if this was already discussed but how do you remove the white out later?

Amazing progress btw, really looking forward to seeing them all done!

It's not white-out, it's regular craft acrylic paint. It comes right off with rubbing alcohol and very light rubbing. It doesn't hurt the normal pony paint.

Post Merge: August 05, 2014, 07:38:53 PM

So, I think my Merry Treats is trying to sunburn. On her face, the part that doesn't face the sun full on. What?

>.<

Everything was going so well too. I've heard some people give sun burnt ponies a bath in hydrogen peroxide? and it can help remove the burn? I'm not sure I have that right. Any thoughts?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:38:53 PM by telelle_wings »

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't have several months worth of patience, so I guess I'll have to take that risk xD

In the end everyone can use their own preferred methods on their ponies but please never sell any that have had the same treatment without clearly stating what was done. :)

Bought an "amazing WJ". She was lovely, and did this on me within a couple weeks. :( Thanks for telling me you used remove-zit or acne cream seller.

Super bummer! Can you re-dye her?

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »

Check this out:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't have several months worth of patience, so I guess I'll have to take that risk xD

In the end everyone can use their own preferred methods on their ponies but please never sell any that have had the same treatment without clearly stating what was done. :)

Bought an "amazing WJ". She was lovely, and did this on me within a couple weeks. :( Thanks for telling me you used remove-zit or acne cream seller.

Super bummer! Can you re-dye her?

I did look that up.
Doll collectors had issues with these treatments too. Damages mod barbie dolls in the same way.  Apparently you can re-tint with special artists markers, and they do have a shade that should closely match- BUT the product residues inside the vinyl will still fade that out too eventually. According to the barbie community there was no permanent solution. I had kept her all these years hoping I'd find another WJ with a good body, but a head that was messed up in some way. Her hair is just so perfect, like silk and that is original. I had needed a good body. She likely found a new home though, I hope if she sells that her new owner finds a good body for her.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:13:08 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
I've posted an update for the lil litters babies. I've included a current photo in the original post! The results are dramatic!

I stopped the sunfading because of what is happening with the striped cats. The pink color is obviously changing too much and the white one the purple stripe that was exposed to the sun has turned light blue. O.o
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:33:27 PM by telelle_wings »

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 06:00:40 PM »
I've been meaning to post these update pics too for all interested. Beautiful white Gusty, no more Sharpie! Also the acrylic did no damage to her glitter symbols (I just used a warm washcloth to remove it).

:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »
Sunfading with and without peroxide is a miracle! Saved many of my ponies from things I thought would be their doom..and have whitened even the most beige of them. :D
(Or hot pink in the case of a saddle/accessory stain.....who puts hot pink boots with a hot pink saddle on a pony?!?!? :cry: )
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 10:50:02 PM »
Also the acrylic did no damage to her glitter symbols (I just used a warm washcloth to remove it).

Wow! You are brave. :D

I am ashamed to say that I messed up beautiful Cupcake. :/ She's now got a couple lovely little circles of sunburn where I tried to "get the last bits" of sharpie. I'll post her tomorrow it I remember. I figured I should probably admit to my failures as well as the successes.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:53:07 PM by telelle_wings »

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 02:23:01 AM »
 :yippee: Hey question :3 what do put on their eyes, cutie marks etc. (like in the pictures) to prevent them fading?

Offline SpookyTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 04:12:06 AM »
Also the acrylic did no damage to her glitter symbols (I just used a warm washcloth to remove it).

Wow! You are brave. :D

I am ashamed to say that I messed up beautiful Cupcake. :/ She's now got a couple lovely little circles of sunburn where I tried to "get the last bits" of sharpie. I'll post her tomorrow it I remember. I figured I should probably admit to my failures as well as the successes.

Well i figured she was pretty baity anyways so if her symbols did come off I would just re glitter them. You can see there's still the faintest bit of sharpie still visible in her but I figured she was so improved I should quit while I was ahead!!!!! I would love to see your pics! I currently have a pretty baity Glory in my window :)

h1m3. - It's acrylic paint (from a craft store) that's used over their eyes / cheeks / marks but use caution and do your research first because some ponies / symbols can be damaged by it.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 07:03:41 AM by SpookyTrees »
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 09:55:49 AM »
Gusty is one of my all time favorites and she just looks so much better it makes me all warm and fuzzy.  :lol:

I'll post Cupcake soon. I have to run an errand this morning but when I get back I'll post her.

Offline SpookyTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »
 :)  :) She is very loved and I am so happy I was able to breathe new life into her! She's such a gorgeous pony!

Awesome can't wait!

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
Here we go. She's got 5 little circles of burn to the left of the cupcake symbols. But, the blue sharpie marks are all gone.  :lol:  :huh:

Offline SpookyTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »
Oh dear that's unfortunate. I had no idea they could burn. I wonder what happened? Did this happen through the paper towel/tinfoil cover you had over her?? Update on Merry Treats and the rest of the ponies? Masquerade looks amazing!

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »
Oh dear that's unfortunate. I had no idea they could burn. I wonder what happened? Did this happen through the paper towel/tinfoil cover you had over her?? Update on Merry Treats and the rest of the ponies? Masquerade looks amazing!

I had her all covered up with paper towel and then on top of that I had foil. The burn didn't happen through the paper, the paper was actually the only thing surrounding those circles. The circles were where the blue sharpie was. She looked just fine last time I posted her photo but I could still see a slight blue shadow and thought I could take care of that... And then she burned right on those spots.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal