collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Met a Pony Fan! But I Think I Scared Him  (Read 6618 times)

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I Met a Pony Fan! But I Think I Scared Him
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »
I work at a store known for selling the likes of lotions and scented hand sanitizers (bet you know what store I'm talking about  ;) ). On the Friday before  Mother's Day, one of the customers who walked in was a teenage boy wearing a "Keep calm and brony on" hoodie, so I complimented it while I was helping him find a gift and said that I love MLP and collect it. We're supposed to compliment and make conversation with customers, but I really did mean it. He didn't really respond aside from a few words and he seemed flustered.

I'm 22, so not much older than him, so I guess it was a little weird to him to have a woman in a bright pink apron covered with sparkles start talking about MLP, with it being the hip thing with the young men. XP Oh, those awkward teens.

Has anyone else met a pony fan in public or at work?

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: I Met a Pony Fan! But I Think I Scared Him
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
How funny. You'd think he'd be all like, bro hoof.  Maybe YOU should have said bro hoof.

I've never spontaneously met a brony.  I always think that is weird though, as I used to walk around a university campus that I know had a brony club, wearing rainbow dash shoes, carrying a apple jack bag with ponies hanging off it.  Where were the bronies.  Waaaah!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
I was wearing a G4 Twilight Sparkle shirt at work and had a teenage girl get excited and proclaim that "Rainbow Dash is the best. Just saying."  I just smiled knowingly.  If she had asked me I might have talked pony with her.   I find it interesting this knew thing were a lot of FiM fans feel they have to proclaim their favorite pony a lot like we're all in a competition. 

I also met the mother of a brony who recognized Twilight.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »
Aw. Maybe he is just awkward around girls? Some bronies identify with Fluttershy after all.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
Lol, if it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I scared John De Lancie (Q from Star Trek, and the voice of discord), by being way too excited about the Discord posters he had made for Ottawa Comic Con.  I kind of squeed and did a happy dance, and hey was like "oooooooo-kaaaaayyyyyy then" with a bit of a shell shocked look.  I don't think he knew what he was getting into with the whole pony thing =)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »
I meet a pony person at TRU one time and they seemed like they was disgusted to find that there was another pony person in there area. I don't live close to TRU but I was so excited to find another pony person that was kinda near me. Then it made me really sad cause the looks she was giving me. I felt so down. Like I had done something wrong. 

Offline dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »
I think that even though a lot of people love MLP, some still worry about being made fun of, so they are suspicious of other people who say they love MLP and do not react positively to being 'called out' about it, even as they are trying to show their love for it.  It's pretty natural, especially if he was kind of young.  They are trying to express themselves, but fear it being noticed.

I think the bro-hoof would have worked.

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 09:05:42 PM »
Yes at work but i tried not to talk too him too much because he was a weird gawky kid.  I'm too much of a sassbasket to make good friends for teenagers.  Some people are too weird for me, I don't have patience for the full on brony4life front. Don't get me wrong, I love the show but...Ehhhhh.  I've probably encountered bunches of pony fans without even realizing it.  Anyone who visits the fancy chocolate store in new orleans will have encountered me at some point.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Rainbow-Starlight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • YES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 10:08:40 PM »
Unfortunately, I have not met a fellow pony fan irl as far as I know. I hope I will eventually, though. I certainly don't keep my love for the series a secret. I carry around a pony bag, sometimes with a few McDonalds toys clipped to it. I have a MLP advertisement from a toy in my wallet, in the clear window thing. I take my ponies with me on trips and set them up, play brony music, watch the show, etc. I'm too shy to go up to people and ask if they like MLP, but I'm sure some people who see me irl wouldn't have a hard time figuring out that I love ponies.  :lol:  I really hope that one day, a brony will see me with my bag or something. I even put a sticker on it that says "20% cooler" so they would know I'm not just using it because it's cute.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 10:16:50 PM »
i met a brony near me the other week and went "bro hoof" in passing and surprisingly got a bro hoof fist bump lmao he was wearing a "keep calm and brony on" hoodie with a bunch of different patches on it and a we love fine :muffin: Pony hat, i had on my we love fine derp209 shirt lol, he kind of spun around real quick like "wait what was that?" but we past each other and swept in the crowd at that point lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Dee_Kary

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://deekary.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »
Hehe for some reason I read "I think I'm scared of him" XD . I'm not all out with my ponies, the most I've done is hang my clear pinkie keychain to my purse but that was it. My collector side comes out though when I'm frantically looking behind EVERY box of MLP on the shelves to look for what I want XD .

There was a very good amount of bronies at the Botcon this year :) they were even selling handmade "mane" beanies! xD those were cute and they sold well, with a ton of guys and girls wearing them in there. Too bad the only brony I got to talk to (more like got talked by) was... a little TOO much into it ^^; so I'm the one who got scared there lol.

Thanks to Rainbowjuice and SourdoughStomper for the sigs, and moonflower for the avie!
My deviantart / Commissions: Closed

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 12:11:03 AM »
I met a brony a while back. I was out walking with my brother and we bumped into one of his friends who was out walking with one of his friends. I was wearing a Cupcake Cult hoody that has a grey pegasus on it, he took one look at it, went 'Brony?' and I went 'sort of' and then he gave me a bro hoof which was pretty cool.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:18 AM »
I'm 22, so not much older than him, so I guess it was a little weird to him to have a woman in a bright pink apron covered with sparkles start talking about MLP, with it being the hip thing with the young men. XP Oh, those awkward teens.

Maybe he was just startled by seeing the mythical beast of female pony fan. That's like running into Bigfoot at McDonalds or something. lol

Vulpy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 04:36:40 AM »
I met a Brony at school once. It was in Art Club, after school. I heard him talking about it to his friend, and I was like "Are you talking about My Little Pony?" and he was like "Yeah! Twilight Sparkle! I like the Dragon." and then I was like "Yeah, Spike's cool." and then....There was an awkward silence. XD

Maybe he was just startled by seeing the mythical beast of female pony fan. That's like running into Bigfoot at McDonalds or something. lol
I'm a mythical creature? YAY!  :frolic:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 04:39:52 AM »
I'm totally loving these stories!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal