collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Took the plunge and watched some G1 specials  (Read 8537 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Took the plunge and watched some G1 specials
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2015, 01:25:54 PM »
I liked a couple of the songs, but most I'm like "ehhhh" or "bleh."

The ones I like are "All Through the Night", THE SEA PONY SONG (best song ever), "Dressed Like a Dream", and "From the Sun".  Also "Those Newborn Twins" and, surprisingly, "Babysitting".

Who else remembers the song "Hurry"? It was sung in a segment where Megan, the ponies, and the bushwoolies weave a fake cloak for Porcina in "The Glass Princess."  But when MLP & Friends aired on the Disney channel, it was cut out.  Sadly the song is still missing in the boxed set.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:30:41 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »
They also don't have the uncut specials either.  I have uncut versions of the specials.  The Glass Princess Part 4 uncut is all I'm missing.

Edit:  "The Quest of the Princess Ponies" also confirms ponies actually have light gray hooves.  They wear "beautiful" hoof polish that matches their coats.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:22:16 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2015, 02:54:46 PM »
I loved "Little Piece of Rainbow" growing up (my grandparents had an uncut version of Rescue from Midnight Castle on a tape) and I was sad whenever the special came on the Disney Channel and that song was cut out.  I have a very faint memory of watching  one episode My Little Pony and friends and the Potato Head kids before it starting airing on Disney.

Some of my favorite songs are anything from Rescue at Midnight Castle, "Dressed Like a Dream," "Let's Not Take a Nap" and Stretch Yourself to the Limit"

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2015, 12:07:21 AM »
It's the last episode period.

Was it? I didn't know that. I admit, towards the end the animation got cruddy. You guys made me pull out my boxset,I'm sitting down with the 4th DVD.

The songs are a mixed bag. Some are cringeworthy, some are good, some are meh.

"Babysitting, babysitting, how my aching head is splitting!"

Even now Baby Fifi's accent is lodged in my poor little brain. Ice Cream Wars. The trauma.

Baby ponies are cute. Their voices, not so much. :s
I for one loved Baby Fifi's french-iness, I was more irritated by the baby baby ponies (newborns, if I recall?) crying all the time. That's about the only thing I liked about that episode. But yeah, the songs really really feel like they were just shoehorned in for the episode to have a song. Vast majority of them are, to say the least, unneeded.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2015, 10:02:53 AM »
I think there was a mandate somewhere each episode had to have a song.  Some didn't.  The second part of "Return of Tambelon" looked like was going to have a song, but it was cut due to so much to recap from the previous part and story to get through.  The second part of "Flight to Cloud Castle" didn't even give a clue there should be a song.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal