collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To play or not to play? That is the question!  (Read 1963 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: To play or not to play? That is the question!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 01:30:53 PM »
Nope :P

Ok so I am not that strict. I would have no problem with kids playing with G3 or G4s. But I wouldn't hand out any of the G1s.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »
I have a five year old sister. She has her own ponies (most of them are from me XD) but every now and then I let her look at mine. If I get new ponies second hand and they're dirty I let her take them in the bath with her because she loves cleaning them  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »
I let my cousins and friends kids play with my ponies (apart from customised ponies of course because I spent a lot of time making them and they are really delicate). As I have no rare/valuable ponies I don't mind the rest been played with-after all, that's what they are there for after all!

My only rule would be........No pens or paints when playing with ponies please! Hahaha!

Xxx
802 and counting........

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 03:13:02 PM »
I hide my ponies. From everyone, including adults. My pony room is located behind the master bedroom closet accessed via a small door hidden behind clothes.

I am not joking.

So, of course I would not let children play with my ponies! Okay, maybe if they were my kids I've give them a couple baits or super common doubles. And the PR would have a lock on it. Everypony needs a sanctuary, people!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 05:12:55 PM »
I'm sure this is a decision that would vary on a case-by-case basis, from collector to collector and depending on the child in question.  I wouldn't mind letting children play with some of my "well loved," common childhood ponies, but I would be extremely uncomfortable letting anyone play with my more expensive ponies.  In fact, I'm so nervous about accidentally harming them that I seldom handle a number of my ponies.  :P

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 05:15:29 PM »
Children are not allowed to touch my ponies or dolls, only look ;) Same goes for my dogs :P
My Wish List

PrincessGlitterBloom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »
Suddenly reminded of my friend slowly taking out a Jem doll to show me today.
Her hyperactive dog was going nuts in her room, and she disdainfully kicked her outside before she would even get the box down from the shelf.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »
Ponies were originally meant for playing, not for display. Let them serve their purpose!

At that age, children should begin to respect their toys; the few visitors have brought their young children over I always allowed them to play with my older generation (G1, G2) ponies. (Ponies that had their original hair curl, Summer Wings, and customs were off-limits.) Six year-olds could play without supervision, the younger ones, not so much - unless they knew not to put things in their mouths. Never once did I have a pony damaged by any of them.

In all honestly though, it's your decision, not mine. If you want to let them play with your ponies, let them! Perhaps you could even sit down and play along. :P
Mimic on MLPTP

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:23 PM »
Ponies were originally meant for playing, not for display. Let them serve their purpose!

At that age, children should begin to respect their toys; the few visitors have brought their young children over I always allowed them to play with my older generation (G1, G2) ponies. (Ponies that had their original hair curl, Summer Wings, and customs were off-limits.) Six year-olds could play without supervision, the younger ones, not so much - unless they knew not to put things in their mouths. Never once did I have a pony damaged by any of them.

In all honestly though, it's your decision, not mine. If you want to let them play with your ponies, let them! Perhaps you could even sit down and play along. :P

See it's weird when adults play alone... but when you have a kid nearby ;3
I often take my cousin to SeaWorld just so I can get on the kiddy rides without looking weird.

divalei

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 05:14:10 AM »
Just blunt no. I won't let adults to touch them so why would I make an exception with children? (I don't have any, though). I just don't like people touching my toys/books/younameit, especially without permission. Even with permission, I feel uneasy.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 06:00:19 AM »
Since I bought the baby Baby Ribbs before he's even been born, I'm pretty sure he'll play with all the ponies when he gets older. Probably not my wingers but all the others are fair game. They're toys not china :)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 06:09:30 AM »
The few kids that I encounter in my house are given some less-than-minty duplicates to play with if they want to :)  I'm lucky I that most of the children that come over/have been around my ponies are old enough and of mature enough mind to understand when I explain that the ones on the shelves are part of my collection, but if they're haphazardly tossed in a box, they're fair game.  I do have one niece that was very interested in my collection, and I was more than happy to let her handle and investigate those in my collection, but for actual play?  The ponies I have on display are there for a reason :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal