collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TLC attempting to prey on Pony Community  (Read 12127 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: TLC attempting to prey on Pony Community
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »
I'll pass on this one, my collection is probably too small to be exciting anyway.  I do watch some TLC shows (I love Say Yes to the Dress and have been known to watch a few other shows if I'm bored), but I just can't shake the feeling that this would make us all look nuts.  I've seen a couple episodes of My Crazy Obsession, and some are weirder than others.  The Cabbage Patch collector didn't seem that weird to me, but it's probably just because I'm used to toy collecting and I figured that they edited her to me as nutty as possible.  I think people outside the collecting worlds would just watch hoping to see a train wreck.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »
I really wouldn't mind being on the show personally.  I would love to be able to talk about my hobby and show off my collection. Everyone already thinks i'm crazy anyways so wouldn't change things much for me lol

Please think it over very carefully before you agree to be on the show. Not only will it be terrible for the ENTIRE pony community (make us all look insane, cause greedy people to overcharge like mad for MLPs, etc), for the rest of your life you will be the crazy pony girl. It may interfere with jobs and your personal life. People will mock you online, and maybe even if real life if they recognize you. Just because "every thinks" you're "crazy" doesn't mean you'll be fine being mocked on television and the internet. TLC does not have respect for you, your collection, or your fellow collectors. They want ratings, and they will make you look as horrible as they possibly can to get those ratings.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

gargoylekitty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »
Idk, I actually like My Crazy Obsession, it's fun to see what other people collect. It's only episodes like the adult baby and love doll one that make me side-eye it in how they don't really fit with the rest of them. But, since pony collecting isn't something like that, unless you get certain unsavory types involved, I don't think an episode featuring them would automatically be a bad thing.

Besides, I'm an adult who collects toys, I kinda don't care what people think of that and even if it was somehow portrayed by a show in a bad light, it wouldn't change anything to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal