collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Transcripts for episodes of first generation series  (Read 596 times)

AllGenPonyFan

• Trade Count: (0)
Transcripts for episodes of first generation series
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:46:31 AM »
I hope to find someone who will offer me help concerning this special and time consuming request.  :blush:

I want to watch the episodes of first generation series again. But this time I want to understand every conversation.
Unfortunately, I'm from Germany so my English knowledge is limited - especially regarding hearing of speech.

Hence, I searched the web for transcripts of all episodes of this series which included the archived version of this board. As a result, I found two pages which already provide transcripts for many episodes:

Lancer's My Little Pony Rescue Home (thread "What's on TV" - "My Little Pony & Friends")
Archived version of this board (thread "Pony Corral" - "MLP Script")

But there are still some episodes missing. I could do some preliminary work but would need somebody supporting me by correcting mistakes and amend missing passages...

Feel free to reply and ask any question. I'm open for every support and suggestion how to deal with this task  :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Transcripts for episodes of first generation series
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 06:04:34 AM »
I used to have a couple of episodes transcribed, and the movie.  I'll see if they're still on my computer.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
I have a pdf of the movie, Rescue at Midnight Castle, Escape from Katrina transcript I can email you if you like but you will need to pm me with your email address.

As for the episodes unfortunately I am not aware of if this has already been done I hope someone else has them for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »
Thanks for your answers ! And sorry for my much delayed reponse  :blush:

It's nice to see that you want to support me. The following weekend I'll make up an exact list of all episode titles for which I still need a transcript.
Moreover, I'll provide a link to my private FTP server where you can find all transcripts I already collected from all over the web. They will be available as Word documents and plain text files.
By doing so, you can get an idea of what's a transcript of a movie in my opinion.

Concerning this I have to say that the links posted by "darknessunisousboy" aren't exactly that what I'm looking for (I know this page and it's a good reference for MLP movie fans).
But please don't think of this statement that I want to level criticism at anybody.
For me, a transcript is a simple listing of all dialogs / conversations occurring in the movie.

Here's an example (out of G3 movie "Dancing in the clouds"):

Starcatcher: Consider it done.
Sky Wishes: This is so beautiful! Where are we?
Starcatcher: Our home - Butterfly Island.
Sky Wishes: Wow! Wait 'til I tell Twinkle Twirl. You know what I mean!
Starcatcher: I do. But you can tell no-one.

That's why I already said that this task is extremely time consuming. I can setup an incomplete version of the transcripts by myself bit by bit. I'll start doing this soon (maybe also the following weekend).
If anybody wants to support me or write complete transcripts of one or multiple episodes, please let me know.
As soon as I wrote a partial transcript (which means it contains all dialogs I can understand), I'll put it into a separate FTP folder besides the other files. According to my English knowledge, these partial transcripts should contain around 60% of data.

Feel free to ask me any question or send me a personal message.
But please excuse if I don't answer the next day because there's currently a lot of trouble at work so I have only few spare time.

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »
The publication of the FTP link gets delayed. My server machine isn't working correctly at the moment.  :cry:
I'm trying to fix it as far as my spare time allows it...
If everything is fine, a further post will inform you about the link.

Have a nice pony-related day  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal