collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 18 Inch Doll General Thread  (Read 1488 times)

parryscereal

• Trade Count: (0)
18 Inch Doll General Thread
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:15:27 AM »
This is a general thread for 18 inch dolls(mostly for play)--including but not limited to American Girl, BFC Ink, Madame Alexander 18 inchers(Alexander Girls, My Life, etc), and dolls of the like. I have not seen much love for these on this forum, so I thought I'd create a place for them. :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: 18 Inch Doll General Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »
Ohhh we have a few collectors of that scale around here.  :)  I have 12 AG dolls, a Journey Girls, a Karito Kid, a 8" Precious Moments, a CPK, a Our Generation, and two of the toddler Disney Princess 8" Ariel dolls. 

What do you like to do with your dolls?  I dress them, style their hair, make lots and lots of clothing for them! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

parryscereal

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 09:18:44 AM »
Ohhh we have a few collectors of that scale around here.  :)  I have 12 AG dolls, a Journey Girls, a Karito Kid, a 8" Precious Moments, a CPK, a Our Generation, and two of the toddler Disney Princess 8" Ariel dolls. 

What do you like to do with your dolls?  I dress them, style their hair, make lots and lots of clothing for them!
I like to do the same--I love to make props and stuff for them, especially since playsets for dolls of this scale are extremely expensive! I've started making a lot of clothes for my DAC 16 inch dolls--I haven't found any dolls that can share clothes with them.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 09:22:06 AM »
I've started making a lot of clothes for my DAC 16 inch dolls--I haven't found any dolls that can share clothes with them.

Ahhhh yes I understand.  My Karito Kid, Pita, is 21" and she can share mostly but some items just do not work.  How much experience do you have with patterns?  Do you use them?  If I could learn doll shoes, all hope would be lost!  I would go crazy and my dolls would have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more shoes than I do!  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

parryscereal

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »
I've started making a lot of clothes for my DAC 16 inch dolls--I haven't found any dolls that can share clothes with them.

Ahhhh yes I understand.  My Karito Kid, Pita, is 21" and she can share mostly but some items just do not work.  How much experience do you have with patterns?  Do you use them?  If I could learn doll shoes, all hope would be lost!  I would go crazy and my dolls would have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more shoes than I do!  :D
I've never drafted a pattern for my DAC before, but I have learned to modify patterns for American Girl-type dolls, which are surprisingly common at craft stores.

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
patterns for American Girl-type dolls, which are surprisingly common at craft stores.

They really are common, aren't they? 

It was seeing those that inspired me to start looking at this doll size again (I have a 22-year old AG Samantha and was happy to just have her around for nostalgia purposes, but seeing all the patterns earlier this year convinced me to also pick up AG Cécile, and and then to create a SewAble/AG Josefina hybrid to use as models).

Blog

parryscereal

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 05:01:19 PM »
patterns for American Girl-type dolls, which are surprisingly common at craft stores.

They really are common, aren't they? 

It was seeing those that inspired me to start looking at this doll size again (I have a 22-year old AG Samantha and was happy to just have her around for nostalgia purposes, but seeing all the patterns earlier this year convinced me to also pick up AG Cécile, and and then to create a SewAble/AG Josefina hybrid to use as models).
Lucky that you were able to get a Cecile before her retirement, huh? I'm watching for Ivy on ebay currently--I missed my chance!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »

Would the doll all the way on the left count? She's a Beauty Cuties head on a BFC Ink body. She hasn't a name yet and I really want to find a new outfit for her.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

parryscereal

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 05:39:36 AM »

Would the doll all the way on the left count? She's a Beauty Cuties head on a BFC Ink body. She hasn't a name yet and I really want to find a new outfit for her.
I think clothes made for the Tollytots Disney Toddler dolls fit, if you don't mind princessy clothes for her and the length being a bit shorter. The My Froggy Stuff youtube channel/blog has a few great no-sew dress tutorials for various dolls--BFC Ink included.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKQHvxK5qmY Anyways, she looks great! I've always wondered what those mammoth heads would look like on larger bodies. Does her eye mechanism still work?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 05:58:19 AM »

I think clothes made for the Tollytots Disney Toddler dolls fit, if you don't mind princessy clothes for her and the length being a bit shorter. The My Froggy Stuff youtube channel/blog has a few great no-sew dress tutorials for various dolls--BFC Ink included.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKQHvxK5qmY Anyways, she looks great! I've always wondered what those mammoth heads would look like on larger bodies. Does her eye mechanism still work?

Yeah the eye mech still works. The head is a bit wobbly, so I'm trying to find a fix for that. And her head was too tan for the body so I had to paint the head so she matched. I don't mind princessy but she seems to want to be more of a dark princess than anything.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

parryscereal

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 06:15:35 AM »

Yeah the eye mech still works. The head is a bit wobbly, so I'm trying to find a fix for that. And her head was too tan for the body so I had to paint the head so she matched. I don't mind princessy but she seems to want to be more of a dark princess than anything.
Ah, I see. I can't think of anything dark for her off the top of my head--I think the no-sew dress tutorial with some extra stuff added to the final product would work best. I can't think of any fixes for the wobbly head problem--I've never hybrided a doll of that scale.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 05:44:25 PM »
We need an update to this thread.

Here is my newest girl, Violette:

She is a TRU Journey Girls doll.  It took me over 2 years to find her.  I think I'm going to put her in 1770-80's garb and let her be friends with my other doll from that time period.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

parryscereal

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
^She's lovely! Nice find! The Journey Girls dolls are darling--especially their eyes. Can't wait to see her in 18th century clothes.

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »
Found this thread and wanted to show off my big girls!  :frog:

And here's my newest girl, AG Ivy!  AG just opened a store in HI and they still had her in stock; what luck!  (she's been discontinued).

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »
I found Springfield dolls online recently and while they aren't nearly as detailed, they are nice for a beginner. I thought the Maria doll had a very nice face and soft hair, although it will be a hot mess later.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal