collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zeenie dollz  (Read 448 times)

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Zeenie dollz
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
From Toy Fair, a new fashion doll line about saving the environment. These are amazing and purchases help fund World Wildlife Fund. How fabulous that kids can be given a doll that encourages them to save the world in a variety of meaningful ways. If you go to zeeniedollz (dot) com you can learn more about them. Click on zMall there and you can see images of the dolls and preorder them.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: Zeenie dollz
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:30:32 AM »
I saw them, but I just don;t like them very much. It's an excellent idea and I'm sure kids will love it, but they are not for me, unfortunately.

Offline Leigh_Lu

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 06:35:14 AM »
I thought they were adorable! Up until I saw the 39.99 price tag. That's a wee bit steep in my opinion.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
It's a great idea, but I think their faces are creepy and the price tag is awfully high. Plus it looks like all the face sculpts are identical, which is so boring and lazy, especially at that price point.  They look like 1/6 scale, does anyone know if that is the case?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 02:14:38 PM »
I saw them but the price is ridiculous. The dolls are kinda cute, but there's no way they're worth $40. I really like Kazumi but I wouldn't pay more than $15-20 for her.

They haven't even bothered to fill out the About section on the sales site, it just says "Company Name" and "Company Slogan". Really does not inspire confidence to spend so much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
I think the price is not all about the doll value but in helping wildlife.  So, I don't think you can say the doll isn't worth its price because the price isn't all based on the doll. Well, I googled these and I have to say they look pretty terrible in the eye department.  Its a blank stare almost like sheer terror.  I also don't like the whole "mother earth" concept at all.  So, sadly I would not buy these but I would save the Pandas with WWF!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:01:15 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »
I would much much rather donate $40 to a charity than buy an incredibly overpriced doll. Does anyone know how much of their price actually goes to help?

And I didn't mean that the company was questionable because of it, but that it just looks bad. Add that to what they want for the dolls and I'm not willing to pay it.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »
I think the company is just a mother and daughter and this is their first foray into the doll business. I think they are cute and all (they remind me of Jun Planning Hestias) and if money wasn't an issue I'd buy them in a heartbeat since as pricey as they are they are still cheaper than a Hestia.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
I really like Kazumi's outfit but those eyes are borderline terrifying. Are these made in the USA (or another country with more fair labor laws)? What exactly is the "portion" that will be donated to WWF?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal