collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206341 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1440 on: August 17, 2023, 07:26:49 PM »
I was surprised to see a picture of Mao from The Devil is a Part Timer on McDonald's Facebook page today.  I'm not exactly sure what they're doing but it's something called a "Tie in Meal" and they mentioned several movies/tv shows that have featured McDonald's in some way.

Yeah, I heard they were doing meals "As Featured In" TV and Movies, so you can order a meal "as Featured in Loki" right now and it looks like it comes with a Sweet and Sour sauce packet with the Loki logo on it.  So since The Devil is a Part-Timer basically takes place in a McDonald's (but not called McDonald's), it doesn't surprise me they might use that as an inspiration.

I've gotten the Loki Sweet and Sour sauce a few times. My family just asked for Sweet and Sour sauce (not the Loki sauce) and that's what came with the chicken McNuggets.  The McDonald's cups I've seen so far don't mention The Devil is a Part Timer, although they list a bunch of other movies and TV shows.  I think the Devil is a Part Timer cup might be white, but I'm not sure.

I'd love to see more of Yona animated. Even if it was only the first stretch of manga after the series ends, because TAEJUN.

Yona
Spoiler
I agree.  It would be nice to see that whole arc animated since we find out what Sinha's power really is and see Taejun's character development.   I know the anime didn't have much to work with on Taejun since it ended right before that arc starts, but he is such a deeper character than he appears at first.   Same goes for Zeno.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 06:05:56 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1441 on: August 19, 2023, 01:37:10 PM »
Yes...
Spoiler
Zeno is actually fascinating on so many levels.
As for Taejun, if you only watched the anime, you'd never realise what an amazing character he is.

I should really mention this in manga but since we're talking about Yona here, vol 42 is due out Oct 20th.

Yesterday I caught up with the new ep of Kenshin (I do like Saitou Souma's voice for him!) and finally finished SpyxFamily. Been stuck on ep 22 for ages (lol) but now complete. Of course, that's until there's a new series.
Can I just say how much I love this series.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 01:45:41 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 25, 2023, 03:30:19 PM »
Someone posted a picture of Moa on the McDonald's digital order boards, but I haven't been inside a McDonald's to confirm that.  I did ask my mom about it and she said she didn't notice if there was an anime guy (because she wouldn't know who Moa is) on the boards.

Yes...
Spoiler
Zeno is actually fascinating on so many levels.
As for Taejun, if you only watched the anime, you'd never realise what an amazing character he is.

Yona
Spoiler

I completely agree.  Sometimes I feel bad thatI  thought Taejun was such a jerk at first before knowing more. The anime wasn't kind to him. but it is true to what they had to work with at the time. 

I still can't stand Suwon being nice to Yona and Hak right before he kills Il.  I know he's a really complex character, but it feels so fake to me now.  That being said., I know Suwon really cares about them and has mixed feelings a lot about the consequences of his actions and what that did to their relationship. There's a really interesting theory I've read about whether Suwon really wanted to have Yona killed that night along with her father or if he was trying to delay the guards long enough for Hak to step in and save Yona. 

While looking for some Sailor Moon stuff on YouTube I found some interesting commercials with the characters. They're in Japanese.  There's some abrupt cuts because the person uploading them is focusing more on the animated parts than the products being advertised.

Set 1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nKp12AH_Ds

Set 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82qsBxkCHZo

Set 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0dK8kqaIS8

Set 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JSQDmGDDi8

Set 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUU5gJW4uuQ

More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LW1U_AKtEo

This last one is 30 minutes long.  There are some different ads in there than the others I posted. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8rV3i71C8c

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 03:49:32 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 26, 2023, 01:56:47 PM »
Yona
Spoiler
I stopped hating on Suwon ages ago. I mean, the whole vicious cycle of revenge is brain-hurty to the extreme, and he's really just caught up in the maelstrom.

I restarted watching Furuba (the 2019 version) yesterday. Skipped the fourth episode though.
Spoiler
I don't lik Kagura, generally, but I also don't find her aggression funny...maybe it was in the nineties when the manga was written, but still...it's always bothered me.

Also been watching Link/Click, though I keep having to remember to put the subtitles back on because my Chinese is nowhere near my Japanese (lol).

And caught up with the latest Kenshin episode.
Spoiler
Megumi still annoys me. I know she gets better, but still.
Pretty sure I heard Okiayu Ryoutarou's voice in there somewhere too. Need to go back and look at the titles...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 28, 2023, 03:25:08 PM »
It amuses me that Daiya taught me what "baka" means in Japanese.  :D  I was watching a Sailor Moon clip in Japanese and Rei said "baka" several times. I don't need the subtitles for that word.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 28, 2023, 03:44:32 PM »
I watched all of the reboot Fruits Basket this weekend, including the prequel movie. 

Currently listening to My Hero Academia while I'm working.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 29, 2023, 12:31:52 AM »
It amuses me that Daiya taught me what "baka" means in Japanese.  :D  I was watching a Sailor Moon clip in Japanese and Rei said "baka" several times. I don't need the subtitles for that word.

Ponyfan

LOL yeah, Eijun's other name could be 'baka' really, considering how many times he gets called it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 30, 2023, 07:23:28 PM »
I watched the first season of Demon Slayer since everyone always talks about it. Not too bad
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 01, 2023, 03:26:29 PM »
I watched the first season of Demon Slayer since everyone always talks about it. Not too bad

Demon Slayer is okay, but pretty much all of the main plot points in the first season were predictable. I don't know if it's because I watched Bleach and there are clearly nods to Bleach throughout, or if it's just really standard in its plot twists, but there was only one thing in 24 episodes that wasn't obviously coming ahead of time.

The MC is fine, but his two closest supporting buddies are both really annoying. Especially the blond one, who ruins Shimono Hiro's voice with all his screaming.
Spoiler
Tanjirou also keeps his sister in her box far too often in moments when she could legit be out there being more useful than he is. She is the best character in the whole show in my opinion - when let out of her box.

Maybe it will be better if I watch season 2, but the best things about season 1 for me were the soundtrack and animation quality. Didn't hate it but don't understand the hype.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 01, 2023, 07:10:38 PM »

LOL yeah, Eijun's other name could be 'baka' really, considering how many times he gets called it.

It's been a while since I watched Daiya, but I think Mochi calls Eijun "bakamura" or something like that early on.  I guess it's fitting since Eijun gives everyone nicknames.

Demon Slayer is not for me.  I've seen a short clip of it though.  I always think of Zenitsu as "the guy that yells a lot."

I think I'm going to have to rewatch all of the new Fruits Basket.  I made it about halfway through season 2 the first time.  I meant to get back to it, but didn't.   

There's some rumors going around that Sailor Moon Cosmos will be coming to Netflix in a few months.

Speaking of va's, Eijun's va is also the voice of Cat Noir from Miraculous in Japanese.  I was listening to "Cat in the Night" in Japanese and I thought I heard a little bit of Eijun. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 09:54:04 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 03, 2023, 12:53:25 AM »

It's been a while since I watched Daiya, but I think Mochi calls Eijun "bakamura" or something like that early on.  I guess it's fitting since Eijun gives everyone nicknames.

Yep, he does. :)

Zenitsu! That's the guy. Yep.

I haven't tried to watch MLB in Japanese. I have watched some eps in French but that's all. I am way out of touch with it though now. I suppose it makes sense. Eijun's seiyuu does get around a bit.

Speaking of spotting Seiyuu, I was definitely right that Okiayu Ryoutarou was in the new Kenshin. He's voicing Hanya. There are a few what I call 'old school' seiyuu now floating around in that, after Hiyama Nobuyuki had a brief role as a local gangster type.

I'm sure most of these guys are in the currently airing Bleach anime, but I hate the manga arc so much I can't bring myself to watch any of it. That last arc ruined Bleach for me and I'm still pretty angry about it, even now xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 23, 2023, 11:56:40 AM »
I keep hoping there'll be an announcement soon about Daiya continuing, but so far I haven't heard anything.   

Another word I learned from Daiya was "shisho."  It pops up from time to time in Komi as one character considers Komi his mentor.

I've heard there's a little bit of arguing going on about the Sailor Moon Cosmos movie because they use the same song from the 90's anime that the Three Lights sang at their concerts in Cosmos.  I haven't seen Cosmos yet, since I don't think there's a way to do that outside of Japan right now, but I don't really mind if they use the same song. I haven't read the stars arc of the manga yet, but I assume the Three Lights sang something at their concerts.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 24, 2023, 04:17:30 AM »
I've been watching Bungou Stray Dogs. I've watched it a couple of times before, but always ended up stopping at the same point. This time I've drilled through and although I haven't completed it, I'm glad that I did.

I can only imagine the fun and games in the studio when Dazai and Chuuya have a scene together, as their voice artists Miyano Mamoru and Taniyama Kishou are old friends. Have plenty of live neoroma dvd events with the two of them, including at least one when they sing together.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 25, 2023, 03:32:06 PM »
I read a Daiya fanfic that was partly based on Bungo Stray Dogs. 

The new season of Spy Family will be on Crunchyroll in October. I still need to finish season 1. 

I'm thinking of maybe getting some Qposket figures. 

Still nothing I can find about a release  of Free Final Stroke outside of Japan.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 25, 2023, 04:20:30 PM »
I read a Daiya fanfic that was partly based on Bungo Stray Dogs. 

That's...scary. LOL XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal