collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206370 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #930 on: September 27, 2020, 07:21:38 AM »
I watched the 5th episode of EvolxLove.  It's much easier for me when the characters aren't saying names as much since they don't match the subs.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #931 on: October 01, 2020, 02:42:54 PM »
I've managed to watch all 12 of the EvolxLove episodes. While I did like it and I think if they managed to do the english version I'll rewatch it. However the ended for the last episode was...strange. It seems like a big change from the game (but I don't want to put any spoilers).

I think the one thing I realized at the end of 12 is that there is something missing from it. I feel like the romantic side of the story is missing. There are little hints in it but overall the game feels like there is more of a connection. By the end of 12 I kept thinking, well I feel like I didn't get out of the show what I got in the game and then it hit me. In the game you can choose to go on these dates with the guys and you sorta build a relationship with them. I don't feel quite like in anime she built that same relationship with the guys.

I think the first few episodes started off great but then it's like after they introduced the audience to each character, it felt almost like you were supposed to accept that missing bit of affection/romance/love.

It's like the one episode where
Spoiler
MC and lucien, she finds out he is part of black swan and is called Ares. When she's running away from him in the anime and she's very emotional in tears and saying Lucien wouldn't hurt her, etc. etc.

It feels a bit forced and makes you think, wait...it doesn't feel like the connection is that strong yet for her to be this upset. It's probably because in game by the time you get to that point it's taken you a lot longer and more events go on inside the game so maybe it's becasue of that it feels more developed between the characters.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 01, 2020, 04:58:45 PM »
I’m hearing a lot of things about the ending of EvolxLove and that it leaves the ending open for a possible 2nd season.  From the episodes I’ve seen I think the anime was trying to condense the story to make it easier to follow for those that don’t play the game but in exchange the anime lost a lot of the bonding moments between MC and the guys that occur in the game.

I’m getting close to the end of season 3 of Diamond no Ace.  In a way I don’t want to reach the end and not have more episodes to watch;  yet I’m very intrigued by current events and want to see how they turn out. 

I’m not sure how many like Demon Slayer, but i saw that it’s out on Blu Ray/DVD.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:02:22 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #933 on: October 01, 2020, 05:20:01 PM »
I’m hearing a lot of things about the ending of EvolxLove and that it leaves the ending open for a possible 2nd season.  From the episodes I’ve seen I think the anime was trying to condense the story to make it easier to follow for those that don’t play the game but in exchange the anime lost a lot of the bonding moments between MC and the guys that occur in the game.

I’m getting close to the end of season 3 of Diamond no Ace.  In a way I don’t want to reach the end and not have more episodes to watch;  yet I’m very intrigued by current events and want to see how they turn out. 

I’m not sure how many like Demon Slayer, but i saw that it’s out on Blu Ray/DVD.

Ponyfan

In the case of Daiya, the summer tournament is still ongoing even in the manga :)

With EvolxLove - it seems to be pretty usual with otome games that they plot a course between the characters without really going in depth to one or the other.

Some of the neoroma ones tease with those scenes a bit more than I saw EvolxLove doing (up to ep 7 which is where I got to so far) but some of them also have manga which I don't think EvolxLove does.

Probably there will be a second arc, though. It may have been delayed by COVID as some anime did go on hiatus for a while. Free is one such that has now been postponed to next year - it was meant to coincide with the Olympics.

I'm rewatching Haikyuu season 1. I will always like Daiya better. The characters are all just more appealing to me in Daiya. But I do like the Haikyuu bunch as well. Less keen on the art style but got used to it now.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:21:37 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 24, 2020, 03:37:39 AM »
We finally have a release date for Fruits Basket Season 2 part 1 on Blu/Ray DVD. :D It will be released in January. Kyo is on the cover.

Free and Haikyuu are on my "to be watched list."

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 24, 2020, 03:50:06 AM »
I caught up with as far as Haikyuu has gotten since it also had a hiatus in the middle of lockdown, and so went back to rewatch Chihayafuru as I haven't yet got to season 3. I actually know how Haikyuu goes thanks to all the spoilerish people on tumblr. I'm always rooting for Yamaguchi, I'm much more fond of Tsukishima this time around...I dunno, they're a fun team but I'm not really interested in any of the rival teams (much the same as with Daiya I guess). And Haikyuu is so much less emotionally destroying than Daiya that it makes me feel like when it gets to the end of Season 3 I'll probably feel like stuff should have happened that didn't.

Despite being a classical Japanese scholar I really have zero interest in the hyakunin isshuu and it's much harder to keep track of the poems when they're being translated/the patterns they talk about don't bear any resemblance to how the subs write them - but that aside it's still such a fun series.

I have my eternal dilemma over Taichi and Arata. On balance I think Taichi was always my favourite character and still is my favourite but...yeah.
Spoiler
While the love triangle angle was clear from the start, it still really gets me when Taichi murmurs that Arata is his enemy, because I really like them as all friends. I'm also really fond of Arata, despite the fact sometimes he does completely inexplicably stupid things for someone as smart as he is...

I also really appreciate the depth of development for so many of the characters. All the members of the Mizusawa team are really well defined (even if Tsukuba is a tad worrying).

Chihaya's sister is also still annoying.

Looking forward to the Furuba DVDs. Shame they're not out before Christmas.

Free was meant to have a new season or movie or something this year to coincide with the Olympics but it got pushed back to next year for obvious reasons. Watching Chihayafuru, just sometimes I can hear Rin in Taichi's voice (but not that often). I've heard his seiyuu in so many things, it's funny how it's that character that sticks in my mind here. And that Rin is also my favourite character in Free.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 03:54:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 03, 2020, 08:44:48 AM »
I'm excited that Heaven Officials Blessing started airing on Halloween. Funimation is supposed to be picking it up and giving it an Eng dub in 2021. Kinda curious as to how the story has been edited because it is based off of a Chinese BL novel. Although there is nothing explicit in the novel, homosexuality isn't approved of by Chinese censors and it gets turned into a bromance.

Eight hundred years ago, the pure-blooded and noble Crown Prince, Xie Lian, was a well-regarded child of heaven with unlimited boundaries. However, who knew that after ascending, achieving immortality and becoming a Martial God that thousands of people worshipped, that his life would only go downhill. He was demoted and fell down the ranks until he reached rock bottom.

Eight hundred years later, Xie Lian has ascended once again, but this time he has neither the followers nor any incense burned in his name. One day, on his way back from collecting trash, he picks up a mysterious youth and takes him home. This particular youth however, actually turns out to be Hua Cheng, the infamous Ghost King known throughout the three realms who could change both his gender and appearance at the flip of a dime

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 04, 2020, 12:30:47 AM »
Watching Beastars, and let me just say it’s weird.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 04, 2020, 07:22:24 PM »
I'm still watching Diamond no Ace season 3.  I will probably start Free or Haikyuu (or maybe both :D)  when I finish it.

I finally started Fruits Basket season 2. :) 

I also watched Ponyo and My Neighbor Totoro.

Ponyfan 

Offline yourpinkoverlord

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • McDonald's Pony
  • I, for one, welcome our new pony overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 05, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »
Anyone here been watching the new Higurashi series or Akudama Drive this season?

And I'm almost done watching the classic Revolutionary Girl Utena, it's...wild. Genuinely crazier than I was expecting, and that's saying something, because after hearing about it so much I was expecting something WILD.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 15, 2020, 10:37:42 AM »
I've been rewatching Yuri on Ice and I just love how beautifully done it is.  I really hope they do a second  season for it.

Okay so I broke down and ordered the music CDs from Amazon.  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 02:13:54 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 15, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »
I finished Diamond no Ace except for the ovas. I hope there will be a season 4.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 16, 2020, 01:59:16 AM »
There is more manga, so there's a chance there will be a season 4. The end of the S3 anime is also cut about a bit.

Sort of spoilery in spoiler tags - probably not for you, Ponyfan, since you are up to date animewise, but still xD

Spoiler
The anime ends with Eijun going to the mound for his next game but that's a timeskip really and I suspect if there is another series it will go back at least to the end of the game Furuya pitched in. They've jumped over a whole section of manga because the Yakushi Ichidai game comes before the Norikane game that Eijun next pitches in. I guess they were trying to finish it at a good spot. But the Yakushi game will almost certainly be the beginning of any new series going forward.

The anime ends somewhere in vol 19 I think? Plus bits from vol 21. They're just releasing vol 24 of Act II this week, and the actual manga is in the summer semi finals at the moment. I suspect there won't be any more anime till at least the conclusion of the summer tournament, whatever that might be.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline eveningstar79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 28, 2020, 06:41:29 PM »
I’ve been trying to get caught up on season 2 of fruits basket,I love that anime so much.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 29, 2020, 03:09:11 AM »
Beastars is getting a new season in 2021 half way through season one. That stag I don’t like him.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal