collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206295 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Anime?
« Reply #900 on: August 18, 2020, 04:25:16 PM »
anyone ever watch an anime called Stand my heroes? I just noticed it pop up on youtube (because ya know, you watch one thing and everything on the main page turns into similar stuff).

I watched the first few minutes of episode one and it looks shockingly a lot like Mr. Love, I'm assuming it must be designed from the same animation studio, but the female character and one of the guys looks shockingly a lot like the MC and Victor :p and the side view of one guy in the few minutes I watched looks like Gavin.

The story looks more like a police drama, but it looked interesting, I tried to find it on crunchy roll but I couldn't find it, etc. But I don't know if it's any good and wondered if anyone else had heard/watched it.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 20, 2020, 03:56:01 AM »
I've never heard of that one but I've noticed sometimes on Youtube that the animes don't always go by their official names.  I've seen Yona listed as the Rescue Princess and The Four Dragons. :lol:

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tjenni

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://tjenni.de.tl/
« Reply #902 on: August 20, 2020, 04:53:08 AM »
I love to watch the One Piece Anime and Manga ^^
Wantlist: MIB Starry Wings, MIB /MOC Sunblossom

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 20, 2020, 08:25:31 AM »
The past month and a half I have been too busy with teaching Summer sessions and make up classes. I haven't watch anything. But that all ends this week, Thankfully.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 21, 2020, 07:29:04 AM »
Oh, I also started watching something called Toradora on netfix. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it; the girl character just made me annoyed with how she treats main guy in the story. But I've continued to watch and like it now.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #905 on: August 21, 2020, 09:37:25 AM »
Oh, I also started watching something called Toradora on netfix. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it; the girl character just made me annoyed with how she treats main guy in the story. But I've continued to watch and like it now.

I like Toradora. :)

I think it's pretty popular but there are some people who also really violently dislike it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 21, 2020, 06:31:00 PM »

I like Toradora. :)

I think it's pretty popular but there are some people who also really violently dislike it.

There are some anime I feel strong dislike for and just don't watch or refused to because it just looks dumb or at the very least the previews or commercials for it turn me off. But it's sorta like each to their own is how I feel about it.

As far as ToraD goes, I like the main guy, he seems so sweet and kind so he's sorta the reason I keep watching it.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 23, 2020, 12:42:25 AM »
I am a bit like that too. I see people complaining on anime sites a lot that they hated x anime they just watched 52 episodes of and I'm like...why watch 52 episodes if you didn't like it after about ep 10?

I did power through all of Demon Slayer because I saw really opposing views on it - some saying it was the best anime ever and some that it was horrible and the only thing it had going for it was the art. Honestly I found it somewhere in the middle - lots of the plot reminded me of Bleach, at one point Inuyasha - but I don't think it deserved the really bad criticism or the really major praise. It was entirely predictable but overall not too bad. Though it did frustrate me how safe the writer played with pretty much everything, so while I think there was talk of a season 2, I haven't looked it up.

With ToraDora, it tends to be some people violently dislike the female lead, and others really identify with her. I'm fine with her because she's not just as she first appears. I have a few more problems with the other girl and the fact that the main guy's friend seems to validate her behaviour sometimes. But it's fine.

Some people also don't like the ending of TD but I don't mind that either, really...

The main girl in TD reminds me a bit of the main female character in Charlotte (who isn't called Charlotte xD) and I don't mind her either. Charlotte is one of my favourite short anime.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 23, 2020, 01:02:23 PM »
I haven't gotten to the end yet, I'm not sure how many season there are in Toradora, as I'm watching it on netfix. I believe I am at episode 17 or 18 but I can't tell if this is two seasons mashed together since the opening has changed in the last couple episodes.

So i'm not even sure if netflix has all the episodes or not.

I tried to watch a show called Japan is sinking, I couldn't get through it; I was on like the second or third episode and said NOPE, way to depressing and dont' need it right now. I may come back to it but it's one of those end of the world sorta things. What happened to one of the characters irritated me and I said, nope, not doing it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 26, 2020, 10:48:31 AM »
Some animes change openings/endings within the same season.  I’ve lost track of how many themes Diamond no Ace has had through 3 seasons.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 26, 2020, 02:05:20 PM »
Some animes change openings/endings within the same season.  I’ve lost track of how many themes Diamond no Ace has had through 3 seasons.

Ponyfan

Which reminds me, I finally found the last opening theme (second half of season 3) on Itunes (Ryuusei no HOWL). It's taken long enough ><

There is at least one ep in Season 3 of Daiya where they play one of the earlier ending themes IN THE MIDDLE of the ep and then the current opening and ending in their normal places as well...

(If you didn't see it yet, the ep is also titled the same as the ending song. There is a reason, but still, it's...weird...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 27, 2020, 07:40:19 PM »

Ponyfan

Which reminds me, I finally found the last opening theme (second half of season 3) on Itunes (Ryuusei no HOWL). It's taken long enough ><

There is at least one ep in Season 3 of Daiya where they play one of the earlier ending themes IN THE MIDDLE of the ep and then the current opening and ending in their normal places as well...

(If you didn't see it yet, the ep is also titled the same as the ending song. There is a reason, but still, it's...weird...)

I'm glad you found Ryuusei no Howl on iTunes. :)  I haven't heard that theme yet. 

US iTunes has the Act II soundtrack with Furuya on the cover, but the titles are all in Japanese and I don't recognize any character names.  I know the first track is the Seidou High school song (Seidou's the only word I can read. :lol:)

I found a Diamond no Ace app on iTunes.  It's all in Japanese but it looks like a calculator app of some kind where they the calculator is on top of screenshots from the anime.

Ponyfan

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 30, 2020, 12:06:50 PM »
Gonna re watch One Piece, I hope I don’t cry this time while watching my favourite character die.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 01, 2020, 08:04:28 AM »
I don't think it actually counts as watching anime, but lately I've become really obsessed with music from Initial D. I even downloaded one episode to watch but I wasn't that much into it, although I have to admit the animation is really nice in it.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 01, 2020, 03:23:34 PM »
One listen to Ryuusei no HOWL and it became an instant favorite.  :)

I was watching Diamond no Ace today and in the first episode I watched, the opening scene was so funny that I was laughing out loud.  I needed something to smile about today so it was great timing.

Ponyfan   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal