collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMG they got my Venezuelan too! :(( - Update page 6!  (Read 14439 times)

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: OMG they got my Venezuelan too! :((
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
Unfortunately only $50 was declared on the slip so even if I spent the time and international phone cost to pursue american customs (the tape said Homeland Security?) I would never get back what I spent...

Then it was not because a high value was on the form, Homeland Security is not Customs.  I wonder what is going on, they must have some sort of warning to be watching for.  It's a shame the pony was caught up in it.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Avea2006

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
What the tape says exactly is "Opened for U.S. Customs and Border Protection" and beside that is the U.S. Dept of Homeland Security symbol. I don't know if that clarifies anything though...

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »
Was it shipped from Venezuela and then passed through the US into Canada..? Or was it shipped from the US to Canada..? Either way that's still awful that all these gorgeous MIB ponies are being forced to no longer be MIB because they can't simply use a drug dog or a scanner....
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »
Oh nooo!! :( I'm so sorry for you!!

And really scared now -_- ...
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 01:02:40 AM »
Oh that is just horrible...not obviously as something that affects me directly but as a collector its upsetting to see them destroyed :( You should get some sort of compensation..

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 01:51:53 AM »
UK customs touch-wood haven't done anything of this nature so far - being part of the EU, parcels from other EU countries don't really get checked.

They have however just started charging ridiculous fees now for packages arriving outside the EU. A seller put the amount that I'd paid for the mail order Mummy and Baby set on the outside of the box ($300) and I had to pay £40 import fees, plus an £8 'handling fee'. Made me feel sick!
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Lilith1981

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 02:28:01 AM »
I must have sent over 100 packages to the US and Canada from Spain (mostly Mediterranean sea glass) and it was only opened once by customs, so they're obviously less preoccupied with things coming from the EU.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:31:02 AM by Lilith1981 »

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 02:46:04 AM »
This is so sad and i'm so sorry to hear this Avea : (  I am awaiting a pony too and I am very very nervous right now.  x
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:47:41 AM by willa »
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 02:59:33 AM »
UK customs touch-wood haven't done anything of this nature so far - being part of the EU, parcels from other EU countries don't really get checked.

They have however just started charging ridiculous fees now for packages arriving outside the EU. A seller put the amount that I'd paid for the mail order Mummy and Baby set on the outside of the box ($300) and I had to pay £40 import fees, plus an £8 'handling fee'. Made me feel sick!

Trust me this isnt a new thing unfortunately! UK customs import customs, clearance and admin fees are terrifying and have been for years! They are hot on everything over a declared value of about £20

Personally I think UK customs are more about making money now than actually stopping anything being imported!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lyra

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 03:36:11 AM »
Oh crap I'm so sorry they did that , that sucks :( 'gouged her leg' hopefully only on the inside?? xx
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 04:10:21 AM »

Trust me this isnt a new thing unfortunately! UK customs import customs, clearance and admin fees are terrifying and have been for years! They are hot on everything over a declared value of about £20

Personally I think UK customs are more about making money now than actually stopping anything being imported!

I agree, it's ridiculous. As if we're not ripped off enough in this country already.

So sorry to see this has happened to another pony, can you get any kind of compensation? Makes me so angry to see how customs can treat them so badly, it's like they assume there's drugs before they even check so they go out of their way to destroy it. >(

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 04:54:27 AM »
Oh no, not another one! :hug: And not even by the same agency either :( This is not boding well.

Yeah, it can be pretty harsh, especially if you're only *just* over the limit. Yet I've had things with a high declared value come through without customs fees, so they do sometimes slip through!

Just in case, I've already investigated what to do if there's a problem with the one coming to me, but only if it's UK Customs. If it's someone else I'd have no idea!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 05:17:01 AM »
Oh no, not another one! :hug: And not even by the same agency either :( This is not boding well.

Yeah, it can be pretty harsh, especially if you're only *just* over the limit. Yet I've had things with a high declared value come through without customs fees, so they do sometimes slip through!

Just in case, I've already investigated what to do if there's a problem with the one coming to me, but only if it's UK Customs. If it's someone else I'd have no idea!

It was the first time I'd ever been charged customs on a package - I'm so sad to hear that others have been stung by such a silly money-making system. I've had higher priced goods come before with no fee to pay, but I know Royal Mail are being stricter at enforcing rules.

They're having a real crack-down on making sure packages are the correct size. Our postman (we have a daily collection) had to return 10 bags of post to someone because they were slightly larger than parcel size - he'd been sending them out that way for years, Royal Mail just decided now that it was wrong. That poor person then had to re-pack everything, and re-pay for Royal Mail to deliver. :(

Oh and postage rates are going up again. YAY. International post is going up by an average of 5% ;__; I feel sorry for people buying abroad.
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 05:55:34 AM »
This is just horrible and indeed very unneccesary! What happened to the Xray and dogs...
Mayby put a paper around the pony box with a warning on it that it is a collectors item and that every thing done to the pony devalue the pony? And then put it in a larger box zo they will she the paper when they openup the package?

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 06:03:03 AM »
 I am so sorry this has happened to another person.  I understand why its happening, but I don't understand why they have to be so rough that they ruin things.  I don't think I will be spending money on a Nirvana to face it being ruined or devalued..what a huge loss.  What has the world come to? Geez
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:08:07 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal