collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SCAMMER ALERT !!! nasty ebay transaction  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: IF you are this buyer.... I want to know = nasty ebay transaction
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:05 AM »
Yikes. So she sold you the that princess pony for 175 and then sold it again for more to a second buyer?

And then sent her a next-to-worthless item just for the joy of pouring salt in the wound, I suppose.

From what I understand, the second listing, which was a BIN, was actually for less than what the OP bid.

I mean, come on = he sold it for less the second time - the exact last amount that sam0069 had bid under me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
Hum, If she sold it for less to the second buyer what would she have to gain?

Unless she was just hoping that the OP would just forget all about what she bought and keep the hat :-/

I read through the both threads and am still a little sketchy on the details. But it doesn't look good on her end.

Unfortunately,looking at her feedback it seems like she is able to keep just enough honesty to not get in trouble. Her star ratings are excellent and she has 9 out of 2500 which isn't much. I don't understand why she would be a decent seller and then pull something like this.

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 12:56:32 PM »
Hum, If she sold it for less to the second buyer what would she have to gain?
She had to gain the double money keeping the ones from Maycrest and scamming her. She has 9 negatives but has also other neutrals and if you read them they aren't good, just people has been kind with her.

Looking at the feedbacks of the buyer Sam I noticed they have negatives too and there's a scary "item relisted". I don't think that even if they are a member here they will post, it seems you ended between two dishonest peeps  :huh:

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »
Only three days later than when you bought it?

Can I ask when you paid?  Sorry to read you are having to deal with this seller... 

And just for the benefit of the doubt...  maybe the 'new buyer' just believed the seller and bought it... (just... maybe...).  But still, the time frame is too short to have a non-paying buyer case.

*big hugs and good luck with this*

Tancho

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
You know, I don't know what it was with this pony but it never sat right with me from the start, maybe women's intuition?!

The big thing that gets me is simply what would she possibly gain. Surely this "human" knew that you wouldn't sit back and let £180 fly out the window and keep a babies hat, and surely judging from her previous feedback she knows that eBay will refund your money (with everything you've got it's pretty much guaranteed) so actually what is her gain. I thought maybe some PM bitching emails and she's somehow got the woman selling it to fall for a story, but surely it would be the same price?

Whatever else this seller is definitely up to something, some people are dispicable. Hope it all gets sorted soon for you!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
>.< What a horrible story! :mad:

Maybe she knows the second buyer personally and wanted the pony to go to them... who knows what her bizarre thinking is...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »
Whatever the sellers reasons for doing what she did, bottom line is she should have just told maycrestmom instead of pulling a lame trick in sending a bogus item!

Offline zap18

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Friends Forever Convention
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »
Since the price of the BIN was just under the original sale price, the second sale probably was conducted through a second chance offer.  However, just because ebay shows us the ending price of the BIN, that doesn't have to be what the pony sold for- the seller could have added the remainder of the agreed upon price to the invoice afterwards.  They could have just used the second chance offer function to facilitate the sale.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »
  :hug:

I'm sorry you are going through this. Wow! What an awful scam.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 07:13:06 PM »
Oh my goodness :whoa:  :dropjaw:  This is absolutely awful!  I am so so sorry to hear what happened to you :sad:  :cloud:  :cry:  . Something is very wrong here, but its hard to see what really went on. I know that ebay will side with you and you'll get your money back thankfully, but this is not acceptable behaviour from the seller at least, and possibly from other buyer as well. I have not come across this buyer before so I dont know if they are a member here, but if they are, someone will know for sure.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 08:32:57 PM »
"Never received item and no communication, opened a dispute to get my money bk. - 31-Aug-12 15:14 "

"Postage cost not acceptable - 23-Jul-12 11:52 "

"Didn't received item... completely ignored me!!!!!! - 07-Jul-12 22:10 "

"Item arrived damaged!!! Got refunded from ebay. - 30-Jun-12 22:53"

So, basically, these feedbacks for 2012 tells me that the seller is shady as frack and needs to be avoided at all costs. Seller basically depends on Ebay and Paypal to take care of the problematic transactions rather than fix issues on their own.

I just added to my Ebay List to avoid at all costs! I love the feedback you left, it's not the first time this kind of shady business dealings has happened and potential buyers/bidders need to know what ethics this seller has with Ebay selling.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 02:55:57 AM »
Was there a senders address on the item that she sent? Perhaps you could lodge a police report with the UK for fraud. Not sure if you can or not.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
I don't know who the buyer is, but I wanted to add that this is the same seller & pony from this thread: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,305002.0.html

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
I am sorry you had to deal with this maycrestmom.  :hug: The only good thing out of all this is that you will get your money back.  I honestly have to wonder though why sell it lower???  It doesn't make any sense.

I don't know who the buyer is, but I wanted to add that this is the same seller & pony from this thread: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,305002.0.html

Wow, this pony has caused an awful lot of trouble for peeps. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

GoldenLambPony

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
I have been racking my brain trying to figure this out, and came up with this scenario: She sold you the pony, but accidentally got your package messed up with someone else's package. Upon realizing the mistake, she knew you would want a refund or your pony sent to you. She didn't have enough money to refund you or reship your pony because she had already spent all the money paying bills. So she quickly sent the second highest bidder a second chance offer to get some money and buy her some time to come up with the rest to refund you and play it off as a mistake?

Its a little far fetched, but the only thing I could come up with for her odd behavior. She must need money fast and will pay it back later. Kind of like those places you go to get a loan for a week, then you pay them back but with like 40% interest. Maybe she thought the interest rate on scamming was more favorable.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal