collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, someone who bought up my ponies is listing them as mint when they're not. .  (Read 2345 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
You may think that unless you are trying to set yourself apart from a bad seller.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
I just realized I bought a pony from this same seller last week or so... a G1 Flutter Pony, Tropical Breeze.  I am recollecting them and prefer them in Mint-ish condition (as I am keeping them and do not intend to resell...like, never!) 

She described the pony as MINT, and I carefull read the ENTIRE description and viewed all the large/zoomed photos.  She stated a small "mark" on the display side near the symbol/cutie mark, and that was all I could find wrong with the pony from the listing and pics.  When I received the pony in the mail, it was nowhere near mint.  The display side "mark" was a deep ding/scratch/hole in the body, and there were three other deep pinholes on the body and legs, all carefully concealed by the pony's mane or tail in each of the photos.  Oh, and she had the very beginning of tailrust as well (though that very well could have been hard to tell due to the bright red color of her tail). 

I sent her a message almost immediately after opening the package and told her about the flaws, and that they were not visible in the photos or mentioned in the description.  I politely told her that I wouldn't have bothered purchasing this particular pony had I known about those flaws beforehand.  She said to keep the pony and issued an immediate refund in full, and also told me "it was an honest mistake" and probably due to the fact that her "cancer had come back" and it had been "causing her some problems". 

I haven't left feedback for the transaction yet, as I'm not sure what to do about it.  She issued the refund almost immediately after my message was sent, and told me to keep the pony, even though I don't want it for my collection.  I am the first to admit that when I am purchasing ponies for my personal collection, I am VERY picky! But, I do ask any and all questions prior to purchasing/offering/etc, and if I don't or forget to ask, then that's my fault. 

While it is totally possible that this seller has cancer (and if so, as a nurse and a decent human being, I feel sorry for her).  But, as a seller/buyer on ebay, I think others should know about her practices.  It was downright deceptive. 

Any thoughts on how to handle the situation? Or should I just leave it alone and forget about leaving feedback? 

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
I do not know whether she has cancer but my guess is she probably doesn't and is using it so you would feel sorry for her and not leave bad feedback. I have heard about her bad selling habits in the past and will not buy from her. But I am glad you got your money back without hassle. However, honest feedback is best to warn others. I don't think a negative though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I want to make sure this stays on track from the original OP's concern. It has nothing to do with how someone takes pictures. ;)  The OP's concern seems to be that this particular seller is "flipping" a pony that is not as described that was purchased from her. It is a problem, as I stated earlier.

*sigh* I am sorry but she has been selling for quite sometime. It's not fair to jump on the bandwagon and say she is a horrible seller because truthfully she is not. It's not fair, plain and simple. I am personally sick of seeing people bash eBay sellers constantly because they think "Oh they are not members here." when in fact they are, most of the time. (no I am not the seller). It's seriously time for everyone to take a step back and think about things because the more you harass sellers on Ebay, it just means there are going to be fewer items available to you. In which I also mean fewer items where you are 100% covered by eBay, to either refund the item for a full refund or be protected when it does not show up. Think about that?

I would also hate to see anyone of our names turn up here and us not be able to defend ourselves. Sorry but it's the truth. Unless like sunshine29102 who has obviously had a personal issue with her and in which I might add was resolved with no trouble, I don't see the need to add them to any list or demand to know their user name. It's ridiculous. I mean come on guys.  :(

As far as "flipping" is concerned there is not one of us here that doesn't do it. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
I want to make sure this stays on track from the original OP's concern. It has nothing to do with how someone takes pictures. ;)  The OP's concern seems to be that this particular seller is "flipping" a pony that is not as described that was purchased from her. It is a problem, as I stated earlier.

*sigh* I am sorry but she has been selling for quite sometime. It's not fair to jump on the bandwagon and say she is a horrible seller because truthfully she is not. It's not fair, plain and simple. I am personally sick of seeing people bash eBay sellers constantly because they think "Oh they are not members here." when in fact they are, most of the time. (no I am not the seller). It's seriously time for everyone to take a step back and think about things because the more you harass sellers on Ebay, it just means there are going to be fewer items available to you. In which I also mean fewer items where you are 100% covered by eBay, to either refund the item for a full refund or be protected when it does not show up. Think about that?

I would also hate to see anyone of our names turn up here and us not be able to defend ourselves. Sorry but it's the truth. Unless like sunshine29102 who has obviously had a personal issue with her and in which I might add was resolved with no trouble, I don't see the need to add them to any list or demand to know their user name. It's ridiculous. I mean come on guys.  :(

As far as "flipping" is concerned there is not one of us here that doesn't do it. 

I'm not harassing anyone, or dragging anyone's name through the mud.  I think it speaks volumes the fact that I haven't told anyone exactly who I am talking about and yet it is very clear who it is to most people on this thread.  I don't mind pony flippers, I knew when I listed the ponies in those lots ( and I did take some pretty major losses on them.  I got $140 for what was easily $300 of ponies split between two lots.  It sucked, but such is life and I didn't have the time to sell them individually and that was more than worth some peace and a bit more space ) they would likely go to flippers.  Not a problem, and it's certainly not harassment to say, "Hey, these ponies were in my possession previously.  They were not in any way mint, the seller is misrepresenting the items." 

My problem rests with the fact that I know the ponies she's selling have errors that cannot be fixed ( like medallion rubs ) and are in some cases clear in the photos that they are not as she is describing.  There is *nothing* to be defended in that, I'm sorry, but I am the previous owner of those ponies and I did know exactly what condition they left in.  None of them were mint.  There were some very, very nice ponies in the lot she bought ( including a gorgeous Steamer ) but a very, very nice pony is not a mint pony in the least, and even a not-picky collector would be annoyed with just that Serena alone, thinking she was mint, only to get a pony with *most* of the finish rubbed off of her medallion and significantly faded hair. 

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
This is not the first thread with gripes about the condition of her ponies. And NO ONE called her horrible. But you cannot call someone who deliberately misrepresents a product a good seller just because they have been selling for a long time. There are a lot of pony flippers. I am one, and I see absolutely no problem with it. And I thank MiRaja for the heads up about the ponies described as mint so I will look a little closer and ask more questions if I choose to buy from this seller in the future. And I also know she does not give any hassle when there is a problem, either. So that is a good selling practice. So, thank you for that information, sunshine.

svetilda

I just received a pony from that seller yesterday. It was listed as mint but has a forming cancer spot and a canser spot. First was mention as a speck but you weren't able to see it on the picture - it was covered with a mane. Second is on a tip of an ear - and again you couldn't see it on the pictures. I wrote to her and she refunded everything including shipping.
I too am not sure what to do with a feedback. I think I'll leave neutral...

sunshine29102

I just received a pony from that seller yesterday. It was listed as mint but has a forming cancer spot and a canser spot. First was mention as a speck but you weren't able to see it on the picture - it was covered with a mane. Second is on a tip of an ear - and again you couldn't see it on the pictures. I wrote to her and she refunded everything including shipping.
I too am not sure what to do with a feedback. I think I'll leave neutral...
Sounds like we had similar experiences.  I, too, plan to leave neutral feedback for her. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I know exactly who you are talking about.  I bought a 'mint' set completer from them, as the whole rest of the set I had happened to be minty.  I was so disappointed.  There were marks, symbol scrapes, super dry, rough hair.  I couldn't see any of it in her picture.  She ended up telling me I could have send it back for a refund, but it wasn't worth it.  I won't buy from her again, no matter what she's selling.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
She has now listed my Steamer. 

She has not listed that his head is no longer sealed ( she probably glued it ) and that his washer has been replaced!  It's the same one, because I have photos to compare the symbol fade. 

She also has my Sweet Tooth up.  She has burns in her hair.  These could not be fixed.  Hell, I believe the pony ACTUALLY ORIGINALLY CAME FROM HER.  I have a feeling she is the seller that sold me a bunch of ponies some years ago ( same place, same photo style, etc ) and the first bunch were amazing, so when I bought some ponies while I was overseas and had them shipped to my home address, I didn't have any worries, right?  Wrongo.  I got several 'mint' ponies that were bait or not near in the condition described, sadness was it was past the time frame once I got home. . .

She has my Tic Tac Toe, but she actually did not have any significant flaw.  She was the very best condition pony in both the lots, I believe.  Near-mint on her. 

It just fries me something rotten that people on the arena wouldn't pay *my* prices here, but will pay twice as much from ponies from her, and then find themselves disappointed. 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
:(   *long siiiiigh* there are no words ... except that some unfortunate future buyers of those ponies are going to be disappointed

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
It just fries me something rotten that people on the arena wouldn't pay *my* prices here, but will pay twice as much from ponies from her, and then find themselves disappointed. 

Keep in mind that it seems she is doing some full refunds so she is not making as much off these ponies as you think. And she had been on a bad trader list before but I can't seem to find it. I spent some time looking but someone must have removed it because I remember seeing her name on it after there was a thread with a lot of complaints.

Here's one of the threads I was talking about:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,326209.msg693351.html#msg693351

And here's another one about her not mentioning flaws:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,308892.msg405185.html#msg405185

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:02:53 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
smh... :facepalm:

Well MiRaja, I just have to say I'm sorry that you are seeing this all unfold before your eyes and that you have some... "background info" on what is going on, since you are the one who sold those particular ponies.

:(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:20:45 PM by Sunshine »
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal