collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did your armies get started?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: How did your armies get started?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 04:43:26 AM »
I genuinely didn't mean to or want to have an army of Minty. XD I just had FF Minty and Italian Minty...then I decided I wanted some customs of Minty variants that I could never afford....then I got another FF Minty a swap box...then I decided to open the Minty Rescue Home :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:57 AM »
I'm working on a Peachy and CP army. I have two Peachies thus far, but I will have more muhahaha. My CP army has;
Peachy
Italian Peachy
FF Cotton Candy
Blossom (bait)
Bowtie
Lemon Drop
Snuzzle

I wouldn't mind have armies of all my collectors pose ponies, I have a Butterscotch on the way too. I'll attempt to take a picture shortly  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 05:50:17 AM »
My army started because of my love for wingers.  After I'd finished the set, I saw a Little Flitter on eBay for $2. I bought her in the last 20 seconds of the auction.  Once she arrived, I knew I had to acquire a second set of each pony and it kinda spiraled from there.  Soon it turned into giving sad looking wingers a loving home to full blown restorations.  I spend a lot of time on my army; I love to make sure each pony looks it's best.

Even though I have so many, I still get excited every time I receive a new one!  My newest army picture (posted in the Show me Your Armies thread) is now out of date, as I have since acquired 5 more since!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 06:17:07 AM »
Minty is Minty.  'Nuff said. 
AJ started with Rehair Swap 1.0.  I got TE Neon AJ.  Minty and AJ armies are multigenerational. 
Sitting Pose army is small.  Bubbles/Seashell/Italian SS and a custom girl in progress.  Room for growth here.  Just because I love the pose!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 06:19:49 AM »
I just couldn't stop buying Bluebelles. I would see one for sale here, or at the TP, or on ebay. If they were less than $10, then she was mine. She was my favorite as a child, and I just felt I like the pony I saw on the screen had to come live with me. Then I started getting variants of her. Brazil, Macau, Greek, Argie, Italian, White/error, Rehair...it didn't matter. I've even had a few customs made for me. Then some of my favorites are the ones members have sent to me as a RAOPK. I don't think I could ever have enough Bluebelles.

I also just love the CP ponies in general. I try to snatch one up whenever I get the chance to. So I have mini armies of all of those as well.

Offline ravengusty

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 06:21:13 AM »
Here's my tiny CP army including my Peachy army of two haha

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:24:29 AM by ravengusty »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:43 AM »
IS THAT A JAPANESE CHIN?!?! AAAAWWww *squeeee!*

Yes he is.   He thought he was in trouble for sitting with the rainbows so he is a little apprehensive in the photo. LOL

I find it interesting that so many people that love armies don't have to have their ponies all minty.  My friend found me a Skydancer once that was missing hair and brown.  We just stuck her in peroxide for a few days in the Texas sun.  Then I took her to my pony buddy in town that is a member here...and we used vintage MLP hair to fix her missing plugs.  This pony is one of my favorites because my friend got her for me and even though she was a mess, the thoughtfulness just meant so much.  I guess that is how it started for me as the Rainbow ponies seem to be easy to find around here.  So, if my buddy isn't finding them...we are finding them.  Then there is the rescuing them off of ebay so they can have a loving home even when they are less than perfect looking.  Another thing too is we all seem to share this joy of finding a total bargain on our armies.  I don't have any Nirvana rainbows but I guess I need to get on the ball and find some LOL.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ravengusty

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 07:08:19 AM »
I think it's nice that a lot of armies start off as rescues. Or a couple of extras in a lot. I got my Peachy and then saw an Italian Peachy and thought why not? And I've fallen in love with the collectors pose so I'm happy to go on building an army of them including some armies of individual CP ponies.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 07:12:57 AM »
well..   its amusing..  lol  Sprinkles  is one of mine. i ended up with.. three from the fair last year. then found  naother in  a  thrift store  then another  in another thrift store. then  one in a group at he flea market. then i got sent one.  andthen i got the waterfall set.    and then i just got naother lot this weeekend... and it had spinrkles and duck soup! lol

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 07:23:27 AM »
I think it's nice that a lot of armies start off as rescues. Or a couple of extras in a lot. I got my Peachy and then saw an Italian Peachy and thought why not? And I've fallen in love with the collectors pose so I'm happy to go on building an army of them including some armies of individual CP ponies.

Yes I agree because I have been a vintage and antique doll collector for years.  With all of the women I met that collected antiques and vintage it was across the board that all of us felt compelled to rescue and fix dolls.  Its not that hard to take something that looks lost and make it beautiful again and give it a home and its useful again.  Never under estimate the hidden gem in a not so pretty/damaged pony.  Sometimes you can get such a bargain and end up with quite a wonderful army of fun ponies no one else thought were nice enough to own.  Restoration is such a nice thing. I prefer it over customizing, but I do like the idea of customizing something that can't be restored to give it new life. I don't have a lot of customs, but I would love to have a few rehairs.  I wonder if anyone has an army of rehairs lol?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:25:38 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 08:27:21 AM »
I really don't have armies on purpose... they just kinda happen. (You can never have enough Peachy, Sundance, Parasol, original 6... oh wait those are the ones that I find here often...) When you don't turn down ponies you find you can end up with many accidental armies...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »
I really don't have armies on purpose... they just kinda happen. (You can never have enough Peachy, Sundance, Parasol, original 6... oh wait those are the ones that I find here often...) When you don't turn down ponies you find you can end up with many accidental armies...

yep...  or you do the resue thing.. and you cna't leave them behind in thrift stores..

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »
One of my childhood ponies is Posey. She has faded hair and white symbol. There is just a tiny streak of pink left in her tail. Until the last few years I never realized she was meant to have pink hair and symbols. So one day I saw a lot of ponies on auction that contain a VERY pink Posey and I HAD to have her. Then just a few weeks ago Saply posted a custom G4 Posey with thermal hair that fades from pink to white and I couldn't pass it up. I didn't intend to start an army but I have. My nest goal is to find a so soft Posey.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 09:44:52 AM »
My Skydancer army simply began because she's my favourite :) I only actually have one duplicate of her, the rest are all different variations and customs :)

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
I have a sparkle pony army. (Or at least I think of it as one! I have anywhere from one to four of each one.) It started by accident for the most part. When I started collecting, sparkle ponies where the ones that I wanted the most. I bought a lot from a girl, but they were kind of baity. So I thought I would buy upgrades! When I started buying upgrades, I realized that there were ever so slight variations, so I kept the baity ones too. XD It's just been a downward spiral from there.

Funny thing is, I don't actually have the MO versions of most of them, so that gives me more of a reason to buy more of them! XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal