collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deflocked Sundance...? (Photo Added!)  (Read 1691 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Deflocked Sundance...? (Photo Added!)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 06:10:52 AM »
Hathorcat if that is the case on deflocks then how are we to tell if one is a deflocked or one is a no country true NC?

The symbol colour as Sunshine says. You will also find most deflocked ponies have a tail dimple - this is where the plastic mould had a raised area and leaves a dent in the plastic which is supposed to be thinner plastic and a guide for a machine which will punch the tail hole. Because the flocking takes place before the tail hole is punched often SS tails are misaligned because factory workers could not see the tail dimple as a guide for the punch.

And they will also have darker eyeliner [black brown] than a regular pony and in addition it is virtually impossible to remove every single teeny tiny bit of flocking. Even the cleanest deflocks often have a hair or two [or a lined imprint some the glue/cleaning] on their body - check around the ears, corners of eyes, neck seam, in the hooves, tail hole. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
I can show pictures when I finish with her next to my normal regular "country" Sundance... but like I said, I really messed up her symbol... ehhhh
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
Hmm, I have to say my childhood Sundance (NC) looks exactly the same as my SS Sundance.  :lookround: But the NC version is nowhere near rare or anything, my childhood one is NC, i've found 3 from flea market, all NC. And around 5-6 in lots from around europe, all NC.  :lol: And I know mine was bought right here from Finland.

In my opinion NC sundance is not the same as other NC ponies. I believe the others might actually be from Spain, they look different. But not Sundance. Makes no sense.. but..

NC Sundance was the standard release in Europe & the UK, while Hong Kong Sundance was the standard release in the US. Rarity is relative to where you live. ;) For a US collector, the NC version may be worth slightly more because we can't find them as easily here, while the opposite may be true for European collectors. (Only talking about regular Sundance here, the deflocked SS is a different story.)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
strange how she doesn't'have a country stamping on her... Considering the SS sundance you have is probably a USA release version. I do recall all of our ponies in the USA (excluding baby sea ponies) have country marks. I don't have a ss sundance in my apartment to check.. But the best way to find out is if you squeeze the bottom part of the foot to push the indented part outward.. This will show the markings on it through the fuzz. That's what I use to do before I knew how to deflock them..  :-P

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »
Hmm, I have to say my childhood Sundance (NC) looks exactly the same as my SS Sundance.  :lookround: But the NC version is nowhere near rare or anything, my childhood one is NC, i've found 3 from flea market, all NC. And around 5-6 in lots from around europe, all NC.  :lol: And I know mine was bought right here from Finland.

In my opinion NC sundance is not the same as other NC ponies. I believe the others might actually be from Spain, they look different. But not Sundance. Makes no sense.. but..

NC Sundance was the standard release in Europe & the UK, while Hong Kong Sundance was the standard release in the US. Rarity is relative to where you live. ;) For a US collector, the NC version may be worth slightly more because we can't find them as easily here, while the opposite may be true for European collectors. (Only talking about regular Sundance here, the deflocked SS is a different story.)

You're right. I was a bit unclear, I mostly meant that she's different from other ponies with "NC", because she's the only one that can be easily found from all around the europe, unlike other NC ponies.  :) They're not hard to find either, but i've still found most of my NC ponies from Spain or France.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »
strange how she doesn't'have a country stamping on her... Considering the SS sundance you have is probably a USA release version. I do recall all of our ponies in the USA (excluding baby sea ponies) have country marks. I don't have a ss sundance in my apartment to check.. But the best way to find out is if you squeeze the bottom part of the foot to push the indented part outward.. This will show the markings on it through the fuzz. That's what I use to do before I knew how to deflock them..  :-P

She would have to be a US release as we didnt get that set over here. We just got a re release of the first Megan a few times. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »
Either way, it's kinda a weird, cool discovery! Very interesting information here on this thread too! I'm learning a lot about Sundance!! :hug: Thanks everyone!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal