collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony genealogy...  (Read 772 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: Pony genealogy...
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 10:51:41 AM »
All I hear now is Malcome....

"Life, uh uh.... Life.... Finds... uh... a way..."

But yes I'd have to say about the coat colors, we don't see much of dad. I would assume in my head perhaps these are dad's we don't know about and maybe share similar traits. I mean, seeing how the Loving Family ponies look, we SHOULD be seeing 50/50 Mom and Dad in the babies, since all three of their babies are 50% Mom and 50% Dad, which of course isn't always the chances of mixing for genes, but does seem the most obvious.

UU&A, I can definitely see if Unicorn was recessive, both parents had one and the baby is more of a 25/75 mix of mom with the recessive unicorn trait showing, and MW the same - unicorn must be recessive, or at least, less dominant than pegasus.

Just remember though, this means we assume all the unicorn/peg traits are sex-linked! What if they aren't... haha...

This is so fun, being super technical about something like ponies, I absolutely LOVE it! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pony genealogy...
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »
When I've finished my thesis, I'm going to sit down and work this all out properly! I might have to rope in one of my geneticist friends! :lol:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal