collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies with broken legs and necks... :P  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Ponies with broken legs and necks... :P
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
This is just for fun, I was setting hair in leg/neck wraps for some ponies... and my fiance walks in and says, "Have you been breaking pony necks and legs again?" :lol:

Of course, I responded, "Well they were late on their payments, I had to collect." :haha:

Additionally, I usually need my fiance to rip heads off ponies (like when they're REALLY glued on there and I only can get into the neck seam a little bit... and he always says, right before he starts to do it, "You... wouldn't... like me when I'm ANGRY.... RAAAWWWRRRRR!"

So, now that I type it, this all sounds very dorky! :lol: But it keeps us laughing...

But, anyone else ever get weird comments or looks about their... ponies in progress? Ponies without heads on, missing manes/tails, wrapped with leg/neck wraps, wrapped up in tinfoil or whatever it may be that we do to restore/customize ponies? :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies with broken legs and necks... :P
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
We have a pair of Star Catcher legs on the one lamp, cut off to make sea pony.  They get looks whenever someone comes down to the studio.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
I bought some ponies that were cut up, and I bought some that were missing heads or bodies.  My husband just sort of side eyed me.  He thinks I have questionable habits.  He'll also look at my ponies and say, "This is why we can't have nice things!"
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:46:45 AM »
Raised a few eyebrows when I first started pulling off pony heads to clean their insides.  I'm sometimes referred to as the Red Queen ("ORV wiv 'er 'ead!"). :sly:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Bahahaha that is sooo funny guys!

I love the "This is why we can't have nice things!" :haha: We say that alot in our household... mostly referring to the cats/dogs, haha... but that's so funny!

Random legs on a lamp is pretty great too! And of course, beheading ponies - when I was trying to paint them I'd have heads stuck up on things all over the house... kinda gets creepy, lol Cat stole one of my Applejack heads just the other day and was batting it around... BAD KITTY!  :P
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
My husband laughs at some of my ponies  even if I am just having their hair dry! Pinkiezilla came in the mail recently so when I gave her her first hair wash, she stood on the dresser eclipsing the light peeking through the door! I left her there to dry so I forgot she was there. My man was kinda freaked out that I left her there! It was kind of creepy....the wet hair and happy eyes didnt help either!

Yesterday I actually started two  easy, fun projects. I bought an extra Crystal Empire twilight sparkle to de-tinsel her. Why? Because the other mane five have gem eye non tinsel toy versions of them but gah not Twilight because of her new alicorn toys!I want a tinsel and non-tinsel version of her and also I needed the extra pair of glasses for fillies I am expecting soon. Soo I used my nice pair of tweezers and OCD plucked all the tinsel out of her hair, and my husband came in the bathroom in the middle of my progress to see me sitting on my fuzzy carpet with purple metallic tinsel everywhere! LOL!

Today since I had two pairs of the heart glasses that are packaged with both my Crystal Empire Twilights, I decided to custom them both to make a pair of indigo and baby blue painted glasses for my Silver Spoon and Twist fillies coming in the mail. It was weird having to hold only one side of the glasses while I painted, so I got creative and tied dental floss to an end of the glasses and hung them up in the bathroom towel rack to dry without me holding them. My husband invited a friend over and LOLOLOL! After that we had Ghost Chili salsa and I went to the bathrrom because it disturbed my system and LOL there they were- my two random glasses I painted hanging on the wall by dental floss on the empty towel rack! I even forgot about them and giggled at myself!

He also laughed at me because when I got my BABW Pinkie, her hair was so tangled and messy I rinsed her mane in the sink.... he was like, why did you put her in the bathroom? LOL! I also usually get laughed at if I leave a pony mess. Well her mane is now soft and managable so it was worth my husband being confused!

Oh yes then there is the sticky blind bag fluttershy in my bathroom drawer I think my husband found! I tried to take the paint off of her with acetone nail polish... but I got bored, rinsed her off, stuck her in my drawer, and forgot about her!

I havnt dismembered any ponies yet... x'D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:12:24 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
Cat stole one of my Applejack heads just the other day and was batting it around... BAD KITTY!  :P

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Shining_Lyris

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 12:31:59 PM »
I always seem to have dismembered ponies and dolls soaking in peroxide in large pickle jars on a table in my living room. My kids' friends came over the other day and just stared at the jars like this:  :shocked: They then ran to my daughter's room and played for awhile. After about an hour the oldest girl got up the courage to come out and ask me why I had all the ponies and dolls floating in the jars.
I tried to explain it as best as I could. XD They still walk past the jars like this  :shocked: every time they come over now.
I feel like doll Frankenstein. XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
Random pony tails and decapitated ponies are now such an acceptable decoration in my back bathroom, that no one questions it any more and in fact pretty much only the ponies use it :P Except for the odd guest my brother wants to freak out.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 04:08:37 PM »
I put a pony head on a stick like thing I had out in the yard so it would dry quickly.  My husband was very concerned I was starting some demented art project lol.  Noooooo just trying to find something to stick it on where it would dry inside and out. baaaa

Post Merge: July 12, 2013, 04:09:27 PM

Random pony tails and decapitated ponies are now such an acceptable decoration in my back bathroom, that no one questions it any more and in fact pretty much only the ponies use it :P Except for the odd guest my brother wants to freak out.

Mine too, in fact I have a clump of pony hair hanging in the bathroom that came out of a tail.  Hmmm guess I need to go stick that back in.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
i wrapped hair around a ponys neck with a little bit of paper towel when hubby walks in and asks- "sore throat?" just like the most natural thing in the world :P

Offline SilkSpun

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 04:40:11 PM »
When my boyfriend catches me stabbing at a decapitated G4 pony's neck to get that dang swivel-plug out, he always says "this kills the pony"... after this meme, of course. :'D

When I was first getting into fixing up G1s, he found me crouching on the kitchen floor stirring a steaming bucket full of dirty ponies, boiling water, and oxi-clean, and he asked, "Are you in a cult?"

Yes. Yes I am. :devious:
Formerly SilkSpindle!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »
I had a paper bag of my pony WIPs in the living room after I had to quickly clean them out of the bathroom one day. This included the dismantled head and body of a G3 Merriwether. I hadn't had a chance yet to move them back into the bathroom that night so they were still sitting out when my mom decided it would be a good idea to pull them out one by one and throw them at me for being too obnoxious. About halfway through she pulled out Merri's head. My older sister's immediate reaction?

"Go stick it on her pillow."

I have such a mature family  :P

SparklersOasis

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
I think the first time I dismembered a pony my husband gave me a look and asked if he would be seeing more decapitated ponies in the kitchen from now on!  Of course when he found this he just stared at it for about 5 minutes... visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »
As long as you all aren't putting in a basket, with some lotion, you're good.  :scared:
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal