collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shortening the gender gap? More male ponies?  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Shortening the gender gap? More male ponies?
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2020, 09:50:57 AM »
Zapper this!!! Yep I do have some grey & brown in there, but always combined with another colour. For male Ponies I like bright, bold colours, like reds, dark blues, vivid oranges & so on. But then I like bright, bold colours everywhere...

And yep, the boys are there to back up the girls, not take over their world. But  since the UK has a Queen human, that's not hard to do here...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
Zapper this!!! Yep I do have some grey & brown in there, but always combined with another colour. For male Ponies I like bright, bold colours, like reds, dark blues, vivid oranges & so on. But then I like bright, bold colours everywhere...

And yep, the boys are there to back up the girls, not take over their world. But  since the UK has a Queen human, that's not hard to do here...

Want more neon ponies. Want bolder and/or deeper colors.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2020, 01:57:03 AM »
As for toys, I am all for male ponies who get to have manes and look colorful. I always praise G2 for not having sexual dimorphism or characteristics even tho I think it was just done as a cost cutting measure.

Yes! I am so bored with G4's brown and grey boys. Big Brothers, Mountain Boys, G2 boys etc. are just way prettier and more fun than Shining Armour and his troll hair!

I also agree with what people have said about there being more room for imagination and being able to choose a pony's gender yourself :). Freedom of imagination is important. I tend to think that any pony can be made any gender you like (after all, horses don't even have sexual dimorphism). But then I had a Barbie doll that I called Adam when I was little, so I've always been a nonconformist when it comes to gender :lol:.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal