collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is Ursa the Polar Bear really a MLP?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Is Ursa the Polar Bear really a MLP?
« on: July 10, 2020, 12:21:14 AM »
I keep getting the most vague answers possible about this. If I Google or search "G1 My Little Pony", I see Ursa come up occasionally. Same if I type "G1 My Little Pony polar bear". However I recall one post actually saying that the polar bear is from something else. And I don't see Ursa on any lists - such as the ones with Creamsicle, Zigzag, Cutesarous, etc.
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is Ursa the Polar Bear really a MLP?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 12:24:25 AM »
No, she is from the Moondreamers. Hasbro did release her.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 12:58:20 AM »
She probably shows up because the Moondreamers cartoon aired as part of the "My Little Pony and Friends" timeslot, causing some metadata cross-pollination
should be perma-moderated

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 07:36:00 AM »
Ursa is from Moondreamers which is also made by Hasbro.  I think a lot of people that aren't familiar with My Little Pony assume that any animal that looks like it might be connected to MLP must be part of the MLP line.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 10:44:27 AM »
Moondreamers animal, though she does fit well with MLP & I have both her & Roary. I think there's also an Ursa Minor & the dragon, Galaxia. I would love both.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 11:35:53 AM »
I think a lot of people that aren't familiar with My Little Pony assume that any animal that looks like it might be connected to MLP must be part of the MLP line.

Probably doesn't help that there's so much collector overlap between the two lines; I think most Moondreamers fans got into it through MLP (or vice versa?).

(Also didn't the FiM cartoon have an Ursa Major character in it at some point? I think I remember hearing that... I could see that causing confusion, too.)

They really are cute, anyway, no matter WHAT line they're from ;) I wish Galaxia didn't discolour so easily, I'd love to get her one day.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 04:48:13 AM »
I think a lot of people that aren't familiar with My Little Pony assume that any animal that looks like it might be connected to MLP must be part of the MLP line.

Probably doesn't help that there's so much collector overlap between the two lines; I think most Moondreamers fans got into it through MLP (or vice versa?).

(Also didn't the FiM cartoon have an Ursa Major character in it at some point? I think I remember hearing that... I could see that causing confusion, too.)

They really are cute, anyway, no matter WHAT line they're from ;) I wish Galaxia didn't discolour so easily, I'd love to get her one day.
you are correct. FiM did in fact have Ursa Minor and Ursa Major shown across the tv series “Boast Busters” episode, ind the MLP G4 movie, and in an IDW comic.

I always thought that they were inspired by the Ursa in Moon Dreamers. And “Galaxia” does sound quite similar to “Celestia”, so that could also be a small nod to past IP...
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
Moondreamers animal, though she does fit well with MLP & I have both her & Roary. I think there's also an Ursa Minor & the dragon, Galaxia. I would love both.

Yes, there is an Ursa Minor! It takes some tracking down, but it's absolutely adorable irl and it's well worth the hunt!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 12:04:48 PM »

Yes, there is an Ursa Minor! It takes some tracking down, but it's absolutely adorable irl and it's well worth the hunt!
YAIY I so want one!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 09:36:23 PM »
Yep, Moondreamers. They don't get enough love! Is the show available for streaming anywhere, I wonder? I'd love to see it again! I ended up finding not one, but two Roary Lions in thrift stores over the years. I think I ended up selling both, but boy was he cute. I bet Ursa is adorable too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal