collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »
Oof, yeah, Soda Sipping ponies. I forget they even exist half the time... It's weird since Drink 'n Wets have open mouths and *they* look okay (well, they look weird to me, but that's prolly just cause I don't like them to begin with ^^; but they still look better than the SS ponies, haha) so why couldn't they have done the mouth holes like that for the Soda Sipping girls?! asdfghj;

Also So Softs, yessss. I'm just not a fan of the flocking.. they look SO much better without it.

Most of the First Tooth babies fall under this for me, too (the tooth just looks weird to me.. I'd love the TAF babies if they were just in a different mold.. @_@;), and BBE babies.

Plus, why do some of them have holes in their noses? Sorrow. :(

They're magnets, not holes. I do agree that they look weird, though.

Ohhh. Thank you Carrehz.

No probs, I didn't realize they were magnets either until I saw one in person X3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »
 :haha: :haha: :haha:
The eyes!!!!
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 07:14:39 PM »
I feel like I'm betraying classic G1s to say it, but So Softs fit into this category for me. They're fun when they still have soft, nice flocking, but overall I've always wished they just had their normal vinyl skin. I guess they just look too different and you can't see their eyes or symbols well. And I think most people would agree with me when I say the Beddy-Bye Eye babies fit into this category, too. I love baby ponies and especially babies who match their mothers, so it's a shame they gave them those eyes. At least many of them have non-BBE releases as well.

The 3 inch brushable Luna also has this problem, but instead of looking like a certain muffin-loving pegasus' long lost relative, she just looks as though she's extremely angry.

Ha ha! I love it.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 11:04:16 PM »
I feel like I'm betraying classic G1s to say it, but So Softs fit into this category for me. They're fun when they still have soft, nice flocking, but overall I've always wished they just had their normal vinyl skin. I guess they just look too different and you can't see their eyes or symbols well. And I think most people would agree with me when I say the Beddy-Bye Eye babies fit into this category, too. I love baby ponies and especially babies who match their mothers, so it's a shame they gave them those eyes. At least many of them have non-BBE releases as well.

The 3 inch brushable Luna also has this problem, but instead of looking like a certain muffin-loving pegasus' long lost relative, she just looks as though she's extremely angry.

Ha ha! I love it.
Yes!!! I forgot about BBE, I can't buy any of them. They are just so weird for me...
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 11:41:28 PM »
Im totally scared of BBE eyes, like, totally.
I would never sleep again if I haver one in my room.

I think it was a pretty bad idea by Hasbro... they dont look even cute.
The bodies are ok, some desings are so cute! BUT THAT EYES

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 12:13:21 AM »
I would love Shining Armor brushable if his mane wasn't a mohawk or troll hair..
can't I just have a brushable shining armor with actual hair  >_<

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »
I would love Shining Armor brushable if his mane wasn't a mohawk or troll hair..

Oooh yeah, I forgot about him >_< I got him anyway (can't help lovin' those boy ponies, even if they do have ugly troll hair!!) but ughh I wish he had proper hair!!!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »
Another group of ponies that fall into this category for me are those with glittery symbols, since they're so prone to glitter loss. There's a number of them (unicorns especially) that I'd otherwise love to have.

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 08:09:08 PM »

Oooh yeah, I forgot about him >_< I got him anyway (can't help lovin' those boy ponies, even if they do have ugly troll hair!!) but ughh I wish he had proper hair!!!

I got him too because he matches cadence but I would really love to regain him because I just can't stand that Mohawk and troll hair.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
I'd like DNP ponies much better if they didn't have those knobs sticking out of their chests.. I know that's how you make them work but it still looks awkward.

A bit off topic, but Bouquet looks GREAT with that haircut!  The first pony I've ever actually thought looks good with a haircut :)

LMAO

Princess Celestia GOH-She has a face! A real muzzle like a horse ought to! Thankfully! But her face is the problem. If you saw this poor creature in a field, you'd be forced to call the ASPCA on your neighbor for severe animal cruelty, because she looks like she's literally being starved to death.

Princess Celestia would be great if they didn't try to force more pink into her color scheme than necessary 90% of the time. Also some of the eyes on her (as well as the other princesses') toys could use some... adjustments.

From the side, she looks all regal and stuff...

... But the front is... uh...

Majestic in it's own way, I guess.

I personally like to think that this is Luna pre-Nightmare Moon where she's all angry at her sister for stealing the spotlight and stuff. :P

OMGS those eyes! :haha:

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 01:30:32 AM »
I was just saying the same thing about the early Luna and Celestia's eyes! Did no one look at the pony straight on before approving the designs?? They look like they've been kicked in the head.

My other one (although I completely agree with everything said so far) is flutter pony wings. Dang those original wing tabs. What percentage of those are left intact to this day? What toy company creates something that snaps off in the hands of any child (and most adults) who attempt to handle them?

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 03:44:54 AM »

My other one (although I completely agree with everything said so far) is flutter pony wings. Dang those original wing tabs. What percentage of those are left intact to this day? What toy company creates something that snaps off in the hands of any child (and most adults) who attempt to handle them?

Maybe it's a conspiracy and Hasbro intended for their wings to be so fragile on purpose so people would have to go out and buy replacement ponies?  :really:

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »
Another group of ponies that fall into this category for me are those with glittery symbols, since they're so prone to glitter loss. There's a number of them (unicorns especially) that I'd otherwise love to have.

I agree 1000%!
For something made to supposedly withstand play by small children, the glittery symbols seem surprisingly fragile. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think G1 ponies are beautiful and I want them all  :biggrin: 
but it's sad to see ponies that are in excellent shape except for their glittery symbols  :cry:

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 08:40:07 AM »

Maybe it's a conspiracy and Hasbro intended for their wings to be so fragile on purpose so people would have to go out and buy replacement ponies?  :really:

Can't be! Next you'll be saying they're only in it for the money! :shocked:

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 01:48:31 PM »
I might get flamed for that but for me it's.. Pinkie Pie.

I would love her... if only she wans't the replacement for my favourite pony ever: Surprise.

They needed a second earth pony (as they turned Posey into Fluttershy, a pegasus), to respect the balance of "2 earths, 2 pegasii and 2 unicorns" in the mane 6, and just took Surprise, chopped off her wings and turned her.. PINK (i bloody HATE pink)... and there you go, Pinkie Pie.

I just miss good ol' Surprise (even if, Yes, i know, she IS in the show, as one of the Thunderbolts, as Lauren Faust just couldn't abandon her totally -she's her fave as well, after all)...
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal