collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CONFIRMED SCAM! Member Scamming Through Ebay!  (Read 11264 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: CONFIRMED SCAM! Member Scamming Through Ebay!
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »
Yeah i did... I don't think it was the person your tlking about on ebay. She asked me to split 2 babies up i had listed together i did no problem for me. And she brought purple valentine off me as well (well her bf did for valentines day). She did ask for a cheeky discount yes but people do do this its haggling i don't like it mum is used to it (doesn't like it either though). Did give her a small discount wasn't much though. She seemed nice enough to me very friendly.
So i don't think she is a problem tbh :) doesn't sound like the ebay person

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:05:11 PM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2014, 07:03:58 PM »
She is also on Facebook, she has a page for pony art. I am not sure if she tries to buy via FB pages though.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »
Yeah i did... I don't think it was the person your tlking about on ebay. She asked me to split 2 babies up i had listed together i did no problem for me. And she brought purple valentine off me as well (well her bf did for valentines day). She did ask for a cheeky discount yes but people do do this its haggling i don't like it mum is used to it (doesn't like it either though). Did give her a small discount wasn't much though. She seemed nice enough to me very friendly.
So i don't think she is a problem tbh :) doesn't sound like the ebay person

The person's original eBay account name is mary-bonne so how can it not be the same person as the one on etsy? And she's asking for discounts.....sounds VERY familiar!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »
She did ask for a cheeky discount yes but people do do this its haggling i don't like it mum is used to it (doesn't like it either though). Did give her a small discount wasn't much though.
Yes, there's such a thing as haggling, but most people - buyers and sellers alike - see eBay and Etsy as any other real world shop:  unless it says you can make the seller an offer, haggling is a bit frowned upon and you pay the price listed. 

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
O ok well i never went onto ebay to look as i don't sell there and don't buy outside the uk.
So i didn't no the same sorry :(
But i had no problem my end... Shall see what happens when she they arrive to her.
She asked for just over 10% discount on purple val baby gave well dunno what the percentage was in the end off less than 4% though as i did it in actually money off not percentage.
At least she didn't do a sob story with it.

Yeah i no i don't like haggling either but people do unfortunately :(. Just have to know how to deal with those.
Please don't have a go at me :P i didn't no it was her & it went like a normal transaction for me, so didn't seem strange to me. Not in the mood to be poked at had enough of that thank you :) sorry for not getting it was her

[Posts merged, please do not double post - use the Modify button to add onto your post ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:58:21 PM by Kiwi »
Lollipop

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
Yeah i no i don't like haggling either but people do unfortunately :(. Just have to know how to deal with those.
Please don't have a go at me :P i didn't no it was her & it went like a normal transaction for me, so didn't seem strange to me. Not in the mood to be poked at had enough of that thank you :) sorry for not getting it was her

I am sorry. We are not poking at you. We are poking at the fact that Mary aka technopon-e thinks she needs to ask everyone for discounted ponies and then she resells them probably making money off of them after telling stories.

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2014, 07:37:18 PM »
Its ok :) yeah i think what she has done is really bad if i knew it was her wouldn't of given her a discount. I still got a really good price so im happy for now :) just waiting on it to arrive luckily it was tracked and insured.
At least i know if she comes bk again i know its her this time :)

Lollipop

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse or anything.. but throwing in my ten cents...
I did decide to bid on an auction of hers, and it went very good. I was very pleased with my lot etc. She emailed and asked if I had a few specific ponies for sale, I said I did have one she wanted, told her the price, listed it on ebay as a private auction and sold it to her. Again, no problems. I have since dealt with her a few other times, we have traded and sold each other ponies.
We did get into a conversation about the arena, just as in- where do you get pony info.. - and she volunteered her entire side of the story. She is a forward person, and I think that makes her come off a bit..uh.. abrasive? to some people, but I truly do not think she tries to do anything wrong, and I get a chuckle out of her. She definitely is not shy and likes to haggle when she can, but has no problem if you tell her you don't like to (it was a conversation). I have been on eBay a long, long, time and have had plenty of people ask for discounts and deals etc, so it really does not ruffle my feathers, sometimes I say yes, sometimes I say no, just depends.

She also told me about her niece., who is the daughter of her stepsister, I am not comfortable passing on her information without her consent, but I do think she should be given a chance by those who are willing. I will say their are ponies for her niece and ponies for her, and I do not believe she shares the story with people she is buying for herself from.

*This in no way is intended to be an argument or accusation, I am a person who has a rare and hard to control gift to see both sides of stories in their entirety, and I hate to see anyone miss out in life over misunderstandings or misconceptions. Life is just plain too short. I think we miss too much in life by not taking or giving chances sometimes, and I wanted to find out for myself.
I am very sorry that some people had a difficult time with her, but I think a lot of it was misunderstood- not that asking to end the auctions early was not wrong, but if each thing is looked at separately it changes things a bit too.

Off my box now. I love the arena. Just have to put my voice in once in a while too.  :P

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2014, 05:20:01 PM »
She has brought ponies from me on Etsy & was very nice when I spoke to her transaction went smoothly  ^.^
Lollipop

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2014, 05:21:23 PM »
Cass, you have not heard the full story. You really need to talk to Kiwi if you want to know more about this girl and her schemes. I would avoid her.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
Cass, you have not heard the full story. You really need to talk to Kiwi if you want to know more about this girl and her schemes. I would avoid her.

Cass you can talk to any Mod here, especially the TS Mods who have been following this scheme from the get go. If anyone choses to do business with her, it is your decision but proceed with caution. I am sorry I have been on eBay a very long time also and I know a bunch of crap when I see it. All you have to do is look at her ended listings as a buyer compared to her listings she has for sale. It should pretty much sum up her "sick niece" shenanigans.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline cassstorm

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2014, 05:36:58 PM »

I can send a PM, I am not exactly comfortable asking someone "hey what's your side" if it is a touchy subject already though.. as I said, technopone volunteered her side to me in a conversation, it was not brought out by me. I usually try to stay out of things as much possible, but I also do not stand by well if I feel someone is losing out. To clarify- I am not saying that she should not be banned from the arena if she violated rules etc, I am just saying that I think the *Avoid* seems like an overkill. I will shoot a pm to Kiwi.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »
She is not a member here  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »

I can send a PM, I am not exactly comfortable asking someone "hey what's your side" if it is a touchy subject already though.. as I said, technopone volunteered her side to me in a conversation, it was not brought out by me. I usually try to stay out of things as much possible, but I also do not stand by well if I feel someone is losing out. To clarify- I am not saying that she should not be banned from the arena if she violated rules etc, I am just saying that I think the *Avoid* seems like an overkill. I will shoot a pm to Kiwi.

She's in trouble for more than just violating Arena rules. That's why I suggest talking to Kiwi or a mod.

Offline cassstorm

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
Sorry, I meant Kiwi when I said send a PM, I sent one. Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal