collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you protect yourself from the Sun? (plus sketches)  (Read 3018 times)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Re: How do you protect yourself from the Sun? (plus sketches)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 01:42:44 PM »
Sun screen. 100 spf. At least. Yeah.....I like being practically glow in the dark thanks.

Haha my friend actually does or her legs do anyway. We were at disneyland on the buzzlightyear ride and she had shorts on. Her legs shone bright in the darkness it was so funny. Both of us are horse riders so riding pants all year round poor lass i only got away because i had not long being back from spain haha sorry but reading the above gave me a nice memory flash back and i had to share

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »
I keep covered up and put sunscreen on my face and neck, as well as doing kind of Metal Gear Solid routine with strategically diving into every available patch of shade while I'm on my way to my destination. XD If I can get away with it, then I do stay indoors during the hottest parts of the day and set out during late afternoon when it's less severe.
That sounds hilarious! I can imagine you ducking and rolling grapplehooking to the shadiest trees and sneaking through the bushes. :snicker:
I don't want to turn this into an art thread but I just absolutely have to draw this! :lol:

---

The cloak seems like a great idea and I swear by hats.  Definitely hats.
Sun block and hats
I should have added 'hats' to the mix as well, I feel, but I keep forgetting about it. Sooner I think of bringing an umbrella than putting on a hat.

---

Sun screen. 100 spf. At least. Yeah.....I like being practically glow in the dark thanks.
Haha my friend actually does or her legs do anyway. We were at disneyland on the buzzlightyear ride and she had shorts on. Her legs shone bright in the darkness it was so funny. Both of us are horse riders so riding pants all year round poor lass i only got away because i had not long being back from spain haha sorry but reading the above gave me a nice memory flash back and i had to share
Is that really a thing? Sun creams that glow in the dark?

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 12:33:05 AM »
Queensland is the skin cancer capital of the world but it's taken people a looong time to get on board with sun protection!

My mum's always been a fanatic about it.  We had hats and long-sleeve shirts when we were kids, which we hated at the time cos the other kids dressed normally.  But we've forgiven her as adults... compared to most people, we have pretty great skin.  We're very pale and don't tan, but we've been trained to be sun-safe so being out in the hot sun without a hat just feels wrong.

I've been sunburned maybe once ever, on a school camp.  I love the clothes that are in fashion at the moment.  I keep a light denim shirt and a hat in the car that I throw on if I'm going somewhere outdoors.  I probably should use sunscreen on my face when I'm driving, but I avoid it because chemicals. I tend to stay inside a lot as well :)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 04:11:00 AM »
Lovley sketches! I need to buy new sunscreen and I've been putting it off but we're having it really hot now so I need to get some. I use spf 50. I use a cap to cover my head and yesterday I put up mosquioto net around the balcony. Not only does it keep bugs out, it provides a little shade so it gets tolerable being there.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 04:17:00 AM »

LOL No! The sun screen doesn't glow in the dark! Because I, and presumably cyberunicorn's friend, are very pale, in very low light our bodies still reflect the light making us look glow in the dark.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 04:21:26 AM »
I keep covered up and put sunscreen on my face and neck, as well as doing kind of Metal Gear Solid routine with strategically diving into every available patch of shade while I'm on my way to my destination. XD If I can get away with it, then I do stay indoors during the hottest parts of the day and set out during late afternoon when it's less severe.
That sounds hilarious! I can imagine you ducking and rolling grapplehooking to the shadiest trees and sneaking through the bushes. :snicker:
I don't want to turn this into an art thread but I just absolutely have to draw this! :lol:

---

The cloak seems like a great idea and I swear by hats.  Definitely hats.
Sun block and hats
I should have added 'hats' to the mix as well, I feel, but I keep forgetting about it. Sooner I think of bringing an umbrella than putting on a hat.

---

Haha sorry that was her actual legs haha i think the sun cream might have helpped haha

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 09:07:46 AM »
I have got a few awful sunburns in the past. So ive learned to put on screen and wear a hat. I don't sunbathe. Im not an outdoors person either. Nowadays I cant be too careful. Skin cancer is something I really don't want.

lostpony

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
We had no trees, so I made my own shade.  Notice the hat standing by...

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »
I love the outdoors but don't spend s lot of time out during the summer. I spend most of my outside time in the morning and evening outdoors. I try to avoid the direct heat of the day times if I can.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 01:44:18 PM »
Your sketches are cute- they really look like G3.5!

I generally just try to avoid the sun, not too hard in Seattle.  (Except of late).  When I can't avoid it, I scuttle from shade to shade spot like a vampire.  Or wear a hat and sunglasses and long sleeves.

I wear a longjohn wetsuit when I get in the water or go on vacation, and can't recommend them highly enough.  Protect you from burns AND jellyfish!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 02:37:48 PM »
I wear hats when it's really hot.  We don't get much sun here in the UK and the cool weather suits me fine.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Lore-Lei

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 02:57:33 AM »
Queensland is the skin cancer capital of the world but it's taken people a looong time to get on board with sun protection!

My mum's always been a fanatic about it.  We had hats and long-sleeve shirts when we were kids, which we hated at the time cos the other kids dressed normally.  But we've forgiven her as adults... compared to most people, we have pretty great skin.  We're very pale and don't tan, but we've been trained to be sun-safe so being out in the hot sun without a hat just feels wrong.
Yikes! Didn't it pay off in the end, huh?

---

Haha sorry that was her actual legs haha i think the sun cream might have helpped haha
LOL No! The sun screen doesn't glow in the dark! Because I, and presumably cyberunicorn's friend, are very pale, in very low light our bodies still reflect the light making us look glow in the dark.
Oh, alright. I thought about these rave party kind of glow at first, haha.

---

Lovley sketches! I need to buy new sunscreen and I've been putting it off but we're having it really hot now so I need to get some. I use spf 50. I use a cap to cover my head and yesterday I put up mosquioto net around the balcony. Not only does it keep bugs out, it provides a little shade so it gets tolerable being there.
Your sketches are cute- they really look like G3.5!

I generally just try to avoid the sun, not too hard in Seattle.  (Except of late).  When I can't avoid it, I scuttle from shade to shade spot like a vampire.  Or wear a hat and sunglasses and long sleeves.

I wear a longjohn wetsuit when I get in the water or go on vacation, and can't recommend them highly enough.  Protect you from burns AND jellyfish!
We also have a net put up everywhere, albeit more against the flies than the sun. We also have (white) blinds for our rooms we keep partially down during the day, so our rooms stay nice and cool for a longer time.
And sunglasses, I don't really wear them to be honest. People think I'm crazy for exposing something so vulnerale when fading everything else but your eyes do need the vitamins from the sunlight like you skin, and you can close them or squint when you've been out for too long. So for me, sunglasses just feel rather unnecessary.

Also, thank you for the compliments. And a promise is a promise, have some Metal Gear Dashie:
-wring-
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:03:44 AM by Lore-Lei »

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 07:37:31 PM »
I wear Sunblock with minimum SPF 50- I still got burnt this weekend when we went to an outdoor flea market- it was sooo hot :(  I don't tolerate heat well, so long sleeves are not an option for me.  I wish someone would invent sunblock that is more lotion like and less greasy-like.  I hate it so much, but I hate being burned.  I am so pale.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
I use a mineral based sunscreen, the chemical ones irritate my skin. I work with horses so I'm in the sun a lot, but I'm also a goth and want to be as pale as possible, lol. I wear a hat and these 'sun sleeves' that are stretchy synthetic fabric tubes for your arms. They're kind of expensive so I made some from some old tights I had. Seems to work pretty good.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »
I protect myself from the sun by...not spending any time out in the sun.  :lol: I'm not one for being outdoors unless it is chilly and overcast.

It's funny, though, because the worst sunburn I got was when it was cloudy. I remember it was like May or so and we were doing a car wash for my high school marching band. I got TERRIBLE sunburns that day, straight down to my feet. It hurt SOOO bad. And then I went through two marching band seasons themselves and never got a single sunburn from all of those days out in the hot sun. Very weird.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal