collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Feeling brave for deleting some people off Facebook...  (Read 3031 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Feeling brave for deleting some people off Facebook...
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 07:05:10 AM »
I don't tend to do "culls" myself. I don't really care who is on my FB. As long as they aren't constantly flooding my feed with hateful things I just don't care. I started the new rule about hateful things recently. I can handle stressed out "break"s of nastiness, because it happens, but if it's just your overall attitude, you are gone. Other than that, pretty much everyone stays. Oh! And my wall is mine and you'll respect it or be removed. I don't post inappropriate things to your wall, don't to mine. What you post on yours is your business, but mine is mine. But if you are having issues, by all means remove people who are upsetting you for whatever reason. Surround yourself with people you want to be around, who make living your life better. Congrats on having the strength to do that for yourself! It's not always easy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »
I don't touch facebook, but I can understand how you must feel <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 04:09:52 AM »
I tend to not delete people from Facebook. Even if I seldom talk to someone I still like to know how they're doing.

The only people I delete are those who do something in real life to intentionally tick me off.

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 05:45:50 PM »
I tend to not delete people from Facebook. Even if I seldom talk to someone I still like to know how they're doing.

The only people I delete are those who do something in real life to intentionally tick me off.
This.  I've in followed a few that have started making an excessive amount of political posts but that's the worst thing that ever pops up on my feed nowadays. I deleted someone for adult/inappropriate content but that's the only person I can even think of. I had a friend from HS who was expecting suddenly delete a bunch of friends including me. I was really  sad BC I really enjoyed her updates and was genuinely happy for her although I didn't comment on every one. When people talk about mass fb deleting I always think of this.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 01:13:11 AM »
I've only had facebook for a year and I have been very restricted to which friends requests to accept. So far I only have 44 people there and they're family, relatives and friends I do care about. Friends friends I met once and old classmates I've not seen in ten years and never even spoke to in school seems unecessary so I ignore those.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 07:03:54 AM »
I've become very picky about who I add to Facebook.  First, NO RELATIVES.  Second, no one whose posts frequently make me frustrated or make me cringe.  Third, a very low percentage of "friends of friends" or people I barely know.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 11:16:08 AM »
I don't really delete friends, because I rarely ever accept friend requests.  I have 24 friends and have no intention of adding more.  Several of my boyfriend's friends have sent me requests, but I just block them.  I think I'm closing in on my 800th blocked person.  Working on blocking *all* of my boyfriend's friends, which is in the thousands.  I think I might end up finishing that job today.  I actually like blocking people more than I like talking to them LOL.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »
I don't really delete friends, because I rarely ever accept friend requests.  I have 24 friends and have no intention of adding more.  Several of my boyfriend's friends have sent me requests, but I just block them.  I think I'm closing in on my 800th blocked person.  Working on blocking *all* of my boyfriend's friends, which is in the thousands.  I think I might end up finishing that job today.  I actually like blocking people more than I like talking to them LOL.

:lol:

Post Merge: May 23, 2016, 01:25:07 PM

I realised that FB doesn't actually tell me how people are doing unfortunately.  My friend had problems after her baby was born but all looked peachy on Facebook  :(
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »
I don't like deleting people from Facebook. I recently deleted several - an ex coworker with whom I have zero interaction and don't particularly like, two exes of friends, and a couple of toxic people. I feel all right after I do it. I have a handful of people that I want a channel to stay in contact with them but I hate what they post - a mixture of relatives and childhood friends. I know I should unfriend but I can't quite bring myself to do it.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 05:10:14 AM »
I don't like deleting people from Facebook. I recently deleted several - an ex coworker with whom I have zero interaction and don't particularly like, two exes of friends, and a couple of toxic people. I feel all right after I do it. I have a handful of people that I want a channel to stay in contact with them but I hate what they post - a mixture of relatives and childhood friends. I know I should unfriend but I can't quite bring myself to do it.

They sound like people I'd 'unfollow' maybe.  It's hard, I just happened to be in the right mood the other day.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal