collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Robin Williams - lets remember the good times!!  (Read 3033 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Robin Williams - lets remember the good times!!
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »
The man was a comedic genius. I am still quite bummed out today. On a lighter note, if you ever get a chance to dig up some of his older movies, The Survivors is hilarous, Club Paradise is very corny 80's and if you haven't watched Good Morning Vietnam go rent it tonight! I also recommend Hook, and if you want to bawl, watch What Dreams May come. I can't even think of what my favorite movie is of his because I enjoy them all. Awakenings is fantastic as well. Go IMDB him if you have a chance and pick a random movie, watch it and get back to me, LOL.

I carry a picture of him with my favorite quote of his in my purse for those just because days "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it" -RW

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »
I remember him in Hook, Jumanji, Flubber, Aladdin, and probably others.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »
I loved this man's movies...I feel so sad to know he is gone... :cry: I think I am mourning him. I loved everything he ever did...I have seen so many things that he played in....

He was very funny, but very emotional and caring. You could feel his passion drip from the Video screen....
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »
Doing a little research, I found out that Robin actually suffered from Bipolar disorder--something I know quite a bit about from personal experience. People have been blaming him for his addictions and taking his own life it seems, but what they don't realize is that it was not his fault. He had a chemical imbalance--AN ILLNESS, just like someone might have heart disease or cancer. I'm not trying to point a finger *sigh* I'm just incredibly saddened and rather upset about this. I wish there was more awareness and less stigma surrounding mental illness and suicide. People just don't understand.

On a lighter note...growing up I really admired Robin and his movie roles. As an aspiring actor it was a secret dream of mine to someday work with him in some way (very big dream, I know. One of those silly little shcoolgirl wishes, really). However, I had never seen his show Mork and Mindy. Dunno why. Never got around to it, I guess. So, last night, I watched my first episode. It was wonderful! Something I will definitely be watching from now on. So funny and cute.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:07:37 AM by Cool.Breeze »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 06:03:44 AM »
I remember him from Aladdin and Hook as both films where part of my childhood. (I named my first guinea pig after princess jasmine)

Hook was awesome but I think that as it didn't do very well not a lot of people like it, but I do. Robin Williams was also a huge animal supporter and also a vegan but it was his humor that I admire the most and this is the third time in my life that someone so signifacent has passed and I feel that The whole world is missing one of its brightest stars at the moment.

WEhen I was younger I didn't want to grow up as I thought grownups had to be boring and serious all the time and one line from Hook helped me a lot. " to live is an awfully big adventure" (now I'm older I can say without doubt that not all grownups are boring and live IS an awfully big adventure!)
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 10:55:49 PM »
 I think Robin Williiams was an amazing actor.  Always one of my favorites.  Hook, Aladdin and Jumanji are *still* some of my favorite movies.  :). I also loved What Dreams May Cone when I originally saw it and I believe it was really underrated.

His body of work was incredible.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »
I found out on instagram. I didn't want to believe it so I checked it out on google only to confirm that it was true. I was pretty upset. I grew up watching all his movies. Once I saw that photo with the genie's lamp saying, "genie, you're free now" I broke down. It's so sad to know that the funny man was depressed. :( I saw a short clip of him saying that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  :( Sighs........You will not be forgetten Mr. Williams. No one will ever be able to fill your big goofy shoes.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal