collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any fishkeepers here?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Any fishkeepers here?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
Sammie is very cute :)  As is the cat!
I'm glad to see you upgraded his tank, though.
Thank you :)   It took forever to find correct information on Betta fish keeping.  He didn't live in his old homes very long.  I didn't hesitate to upgrade his tank once I found out what the minimum size was.  If I do find another betta fish that I want I'll probably get a much larger tank and divide it.
:lovey:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 04:22:15 AM »
I used to have my tank on the floor as a coffee table, and Kedros would chase the ferret when he walked past the tank. I wish I had a video of them playing chase.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

antlercat

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 04:27:16 AM »
Whispers: it's a trial and error process :) You learn as you go along! And hey, he seems a happy fish :)

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 04:21:12 AM »
I have had tonnes of fish over the years - mostly bettas ^.^ Sadly though, one of our cats is utterly obssessed with fish so we have a strict no tank inside rule.
On the bright side, it has meant that I have been able to set up a pond outside :D We currently have 6 goldfish and 5 koi (3 of them are butterfly finned koi and are just gorgeous!), but we're about to renovate the whole area and make it much MUCH bigger, with slip ponds and fountains into an aquaponics setup, which will be used to grow something (not sure what yet, as I already have a vegie garden, and we grow water mint, water chestnuts and a few flowering plants in the pond).
Of course if I had MY way, I'd be converting our pool into a massive koi pond :D I love my little koi friends :heart:

~Princess Of Darkness~

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »
I have had tonnes of fish over the years - mostly bettas ^.^ Sadly though, one of our cats is utterly obssessed with fish so we have a strict no tank inside rule.
On the bright side, it has meant that I have been able to set up a pond outside :D We currently have 6 goldfish and 5 koi (3 of them are butterfly finned koi and are just gorgeous!), but we're about to renovate the whole area and make it much MUCH bigger, with slip ponds and fountains into an aquaponics setup, which will be used to grow something (not sure what yet, as I already have a vegie garden, and we grow water mint, water chestnuts and a few flowering plants in the pond).
Of course if I had MY way, I'd be converting our pool into a massive koi pond :D I love my little koi friends :heart:

~Princess Of Darkness~
Sounds lovely!  Do you have a picture?  I would love to have an outdoor pond!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »
I realized I have a pic of my boy in photobucket!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 12:54:29 PM »
I love my betta and I want more bettas. Alas, our betta is the only fish we currently own.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
I finally a betta with the colors I wanted!  Meet Speckles - A Halfmoon Double Tail Betta..  I wish I had a better photo but most of them I take show him as green when he really is blue with no green at all.    I got his name from a list of 101 dalmatian names, and then realized it was also a baby pony name and just had to keep it as that ;)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 07:02:40 AM »
Aww you all make me miss having bettas. I used to always have at least one for years but when my last one died about a year and a half ago I decided it would be best if I didn't get another since I knew I'd be moving to a different state and now I don't have any fish still since I'm not sure when I'll be moving back.
Buuut.... just yesterday I was feeling bummed about missing the MLP Fair this weekend so I decided to get a new "pet" to help cheer me up.

Here is my cute fuzzy little marimo. I'm trying to think of a name for it  ^.^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
Aww you all make me miss having bettas. I used to always have at least one for years but when my last one died about a year and a half ago I decided it would be best if I didn't get another since I knew I'd be moving to a different state and now I don't have any fish still since I'm not sure when I'll be moving back.
Buuut.... just yesterday I was feeling bummed about missing the MLP Fair this weekend so I decided to get a new "pet" to help cheer me up.

Here is my cute fuzzy little marimo. I'm trying to think of a name for it  ^.^

That's so cute!!!!! I want one!!!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »

This is my guy, Comet! 

And his awesome 6.6 gallon "bookshelf" aquarium.  Complete with live plants and a sponge filter.  <3

I've since gotten another decoration and a Marimo moss ball too!  I need to take some more pics of Comet, his fins have grown since that top pic was taken. 

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 01:52:43 PM »
I had a big(55 gallon) tank of goldfish and a couple koi for a long time but gave them away to live in a pond a few months ago. I'd had some of the goldies for many years  and the koi I got  for .25 each at petsmart when they were mixed in with the feeders.  The lady I gave them to had an  established pond and took all 12 or so fish. She told me a week later that they were all doing fine. She was super happy to get them as were her kids

I've had tanks of freshwater tropicals on and off through the years, danios, plecos, tetras, whatever was on sale. But I think I like having bettas the best. The have personality. I currently have 1 girl and 1 boy named Girlie, who is quite feisty, and Ghostie, who gets spooked easily ( pff yeah real original names eh?) My favorite betta boy was one I had years ago, he was yellow and had some spots of metallic purple on his fins. He was so beautiful.  I got him at petsmart I think and I've never seen another one like him.

I once had a 20 gallon tank with a bunch of betta girls in it, 7 I think(Shiven, Sheila, Tatters, Kanji, Sitka, Popu, Bass). They all pretty much got along thankfully since I'd read the girls can be a bit aggressive with each other. I like how bettas will look at you and come over to check ya out when you get near their tank. I have only had Girlie and Ghostie for a couple weeks, but Girlie anyway seems to respond when I say her name.

I only have one fish -- a male dragon scale betta. He's like... indigo and green, depending on which angle you look at him at. With a few areas with a subtle red color.

His name's Norbert, and he likes to hide under his bridge a lot. When I was on my trip last week, he was flaring his gills at everyone who glanced at him XD Dad brought my computer over while we were Skyping, and when he heard my voice, he got all excited and swam around~ I love my babbu ;u;

That is really really cute. I love stories like that about other people's bettas
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:08:17 PM by Jupiter »

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »
I don't own any fish myself but I'm living with my cousin who has a saltwater tank :) We have: 2 clown fish, a firefish, a hawkfish, a royal gramma, 2 blue-green chromis fish, a pink-spotted watchmen goby (I think), and a dark blue and yellow little fish I can't find the name of. Also a whole bunch of snails, hermit crabs, a little green crab, an anemone, a shrimp, and some other stuff living on the rocks.

They're all so fun to watch, and they all have these personalities. Like one of the clownfish never leaves the anemone except to eat. The hawkfish picks on the royal gramma, who hides in the rocks. The royal gramma is currently trying to dig his way out of the tank I think xD
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

LizbethDawn

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
I've got a 50 gallon with:
7 neon tetras
2 dwarf gouramis
1 guppy
and about 7 platys
yes about 7 platys. I had a derp moment and assumed that they would have the males and females separated like they did with the guppies. Platys are live bearing ish like gupies so I have 5 or so babies and two adults. When I can I'm going to separate them and give the males to a friend and keep a few females.

That is tiger one of the dwarf gouramis and the only fish who has enough personality to get a name :D

And baby platys!

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »
I miss my fish! Landlord wouldn't allow the hobby :(......
I used to keep Discus and Angelfish in a 180g, and my fiancee had a 135 reef setup (which ate a ton of electricity!!!) but the fish were gorgeous! I really miss the bat fish and bird nose :( But man they were all awesome! Both tanks now reside with a family friend and all the fish are doing great with a couple new members, plus the clowns are breeding! So cool, wish they could have moved with us :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal