collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have we had a discussion on the anniversary plushes (BF/G1) yet?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Have we had a discussion on the anniversary plushes (BF/G1) yet?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2023, 12:31:43 PM »
The price of Moondancer dropped down into the $30s and with the most recent paycheck I gave in and ordered her. lol I can't wait!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2023, 11:42:47 PM »
The price of Moondancer dropped down into the $30s and with the most recent paycheck I gave in and ordered her. lol I can't wait!

Thanks for the heads up the price dropped again on these! I’ve been lurking waiting to get these. I was going to wait until they came to the states, but with all the negative reviews due to the lack of box I’m getting worried they may not get a wider release. :( Like others in the thread have Sid, it’s a bummer they don’t have the cute box, but that should knock off like one star at most imo if the plush quality is still good. It seems like Basic Fun is having enough trouble getting the ponies picked up by retailers, we don’t need overly negative reviews driving them even further away.

I ordered Moondancer and Glory. :) They were about $30 and $25, and then Imgot one free with my Amazon points so it seemed like a good time to buy! At least they had free shipping from Amazon….

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2023, 05:38:48 AM »
Glad to hear Moondancer dropped in price. I don't collect plushies except very small ones. I really like her though. I'm tempted...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2023, 12:13:00 PM »
(I hope this is the right place to put this)

I'd heard something about there being multiple releases of these, so I contacted Basic Fun w/ some questions and they got back to me:

The response is sort of vague... I'd asked if the hoof mark thing was for the plushies, the brushable (vinyl) ponies, or both, but they didn't really answer that... I also asked if the ones with the "40" symbols were just a prototype or if there was any chance of them being released in the future, as you can see they didn't answer that at all x)

But if I'm reading this correctly, I believe this means there will be TWO versions of the plushies - one with plain hooves, and the second wave will be labelled "40th anniversary" on their hooves? dunno why they're doing it like this, but I suppose they have their reasons! Figured I'd pass it on anyway if anyone was specifically interested in the hoof mark or w/e.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2023, 02:41:06 PM »
So how big are these lovely plushies?

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2023, 04:28:15 PM »
@Carrehz, that's really interesting. I had assumed that they might be a European vs US release because of the tags having the UK/German addresses on them, but...maybe it's more fundamental than that and these were produced specifically to give Amazon something to sell. Which makes the bad reviews on Amazon even more irresponsible, tbh, but we've already talked about that.

I am understanding all of that message being about the plushes, including the US not committing to them, and the later runs having the anniversary on the hoof. I am going to hold off on buying Firefly for now to see if that does indeed happen. I don't mind if I don't ultimately get her, but I don't want multiples of the others and I actually like them without the anniversary badge on the hoof.

I suspect the actual proper release was meant to be late summer/autumn, and most stuff will be then. But interesting how Amazon UK have jumped the gun. That must mean that the UK market for these is particularly strong. Hopefully it stays that way.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2023, 07:25:52 PM »
I'm reading the email the same way.  That there will be another release of the plush with the 40th anniversary stamp on their hooves, but the ones currently on Amazon UK were a bit rushed so the stamp is missing from most of them unless one or two happened to have the stamp made before they were shipped.

I'm sad that the email says that the US hasn't confirmed the sale of the plush yet.  I'm really looking forward to them being available in the US in a few months.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 10:58:52 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2023, 06:38:05 AM »
I am reading the same that another batch of plushies with the 40th logo on it is expected. I am curious to see if this will be the case.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2023, 08:39:06 AM »
I just think it's weird they're doing two versions of the plushies at all? XD I don't get why they wouldn't have the hoof mark ready for the first wave, I feel like I'm missing something haha. It doesn't bother me or anything, it just seems like a funny thing to do a second wave for.

It's a shame they don't seem to be planning on revising the brushable ponies too :/

I do think it's really interesting that the UK seems to be getting the 40th ann. stuff early - the brushables are out here too - are they out in America yet? :o

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2023, 01:28:58 PM »
My bias here, but the UK has always been a pretty solid G1 MLP market. We used to get all the end of line stock shunted over here (Woolworths!). MLP was being run from here for a while in the middle 1990s. And now there's demand for the plushes (remembering the UK originally had its own plush PJ cases as well).

Probably notable that a number of small private toy sellers are also stocking the retro ponies and have been since the start. I don't think that's happened in the US?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2023, 06:59:53 PM »
Thanks for sharing the email Carrehz! The fact that no US distributors have picked up the 40th stuff makes me sad. :( I guess it is still early, but I hope someone picks them up soon! I’m glad I ordered from Amazon while the prices were low just in case they don’t come over this way.

I actually got my plushies in today! And regarding the hoof stamp….mine have it! It must be the ones that are stamped are now officially being distributed. :biggrin: they still came in the baggies rather than the box, but they’re going in my claw machine anyway, somI don’t care so much about that!

All in all I am really happy with these! They are really well made and dense like the original G1 plushies. Plus they are so soft! I’ll be sure to leave them a good review in hopes it makes the average rating on these a little kinder.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2023, 07:38:19 PM »
Ooh thanks for the pics Minty_Magic!! I was really curious about the hoof stamps :D I guess they got it fixed quickly then, that's interesting.
I didn't even think to ask about the box thing ^^; If yours were bagged too though then yeah I think it's safe to say they decided to scrap the boxes. Probably cheaper this way.

they still came in the baggies rather than the box, but they’re going in my claw machine anyway, somI don’t care so much about that!

Oh I'd love to see pics of them in a claw machine! That sounds so cool!!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2023, 02:53:30 AM »
Thank you for the pictures to see proof of the hoofprint :) I am not sure if I want to buy those since I don't collect the retro stuff actively.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2023, 02:46:04 PM »
That's both cool and odd at the same time, but I guess being a small business they had to omit some things to get a first run of plushes out without the stamp. I'll wait a while and then get Firefly, I think, so I have one with the print on the hooves. It will show up less obviously on a pink pony I imagine...I don't really like it on the white unicorn hooves because you can see it in the promo photos when they're standing and...yeah, it's a bit awkward...

But I'm glad that that aspect of the release has now been resolved.

MintyMagic, what does the tag say (not the cardboard one, the white fabric one) regarding contact details for the company?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2023, 03:30:55 PM »
Interesting, I just checked and my Glory doesn't have the hoof stamp, but Moondancer does. lol

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal