collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Prince Cadence & Wedding Castle - now with pics! MERGED  (Read 58235 times)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
Re: Prince Cadence & Wedding Castle - now with pics! MERGED
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »
Oh I hope they'll fix the boy's hair XD

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:39 AM »
BOY PONY -faints-

Ahem. Now that I've taken a minute to relax....I might want to complain, because I do that very well. My apologies; don't want to spoil the fun here. However...

My first thought when I saw his hair was that it looks like it is fuzzy troll hair. Honestly, look close - there's no way it's just a bad image. That's troll hair. And I hope it doesn't stay that way!

I also don't like his eyes (I hope any future boys have better ones), and his head does look funny - sort of block-ish...

I agree that G4 playsets are pretty bleh, and this castle is no exception, BUT, just imagine what Dream Castle would cost these days. Probably like a million dollars. Since I don't want to collect playsets anyway, I am personally not terribly bothered by cheap playsets. It is disappointing for all the kids/collectors who would like better stuff, but, what can ya do?

NONETHELESS I do think this is a great step forward, and I do hope to see more boys (sold as singles, hopefully!). And please no troll hair! You can't brush that stuff!

Boys! Can you believe it? (Somewhat brushable) BOYS!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:43:33 AM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »
I'm worried we won't be getting the Prince outside of the playset. Hasbro might not be confident boy ponies will sell well on their own yet.

I don't know, I think having a Prince as a playset might be an indication that they DO think boys will be popular.

"Oh, you want a boy pony, huh?  Well, I guess you will just have to shell out the $$$ to get him because he is exclusive to this playset.  MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!"

If you recall, this is exactly how the first G3 baby pony, Pink Sunsparkle, was introduced.

When Hasbro was unsure about producing G3 pegasi, they released Star Catcher as a single to test the waters--not as cheap as your average pony, but much cheaper than a playset.   (Why they thought pegasus ponies might not be popular I have no idea, but that's what the Hasbro reps at SDCC told me.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:20:32 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »
added pics! OL1

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

OMG, that castle is soooooooooooooooooo cute! Must have that set when it comes out!

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:06 AM »
i think this is a set that as an adult, i will not only display it, but i will play with it also.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »
:faint: A boy pony? :faint: again.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2012, 08:45:04 AM »
OMG BOY POOOONY

Offline Lanner

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »
Excuse me as I just freak out over Cadence and the prince...

EEEEEEKK!!  :frolic: :cheer: Boy pony and Cadence and look how pretty and cute that castle is aaaaaah!!

I am so buying this. Can't wait 'til it's in stores! The wait will for sure be worth it.
And that box art is so pretty!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2012, 09:43:43 AM »
yay!!! boy pony!  I hope they get a lot of mileage out of that mold! o_~. although they haven't reused baby g4s yet :( save once.

look at her wings!  interesting!!'. someone might custom her into Luna me thinks.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2012, 10:15:29 AM »
Oh my goodnessohmygoodness A BOY PONY!  The first MLP male unicorn toy ever, right??

I think Cadence is absolutely adorable.  I hope they reuse her mold to make a more correct Luna in the future!  Since they love reusing molds, maybe they will.  And that's also what I hope for with this new male pony mold! More boys!!

But wow, I'm totally excited about this.  I have no room for a playset so it'll probably just go into storage because I NEED those ponies!!!

If I hate his hair I'll just rehair him, no biggie. :3

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2012, 10:23:19 AM »
I re-iterate the "SQUUEEEE *dies*" sentiment! :biggrin:

I think he looks great, even with the troll hair. That, on Hasbro's part, was most certainly an effort to make him less feminine and having long flowy locks doesn't exactly scream masculine. I actually don't think it looks bad. Overall he looks great though, it was a little worrisome when the blind bag boys looked a wee bit odd, but I've definitely grown used to them.

Princess Cadence looks absolutely flawless and I'm super excited to have the both of them eventually!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:43:07 AM by Rhini »

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2012, 10:25:25 AM »
I re-iterate the "SQUUEEEE *dies*" sentiment! :biggrin:

I think he looks great, even with the troll hair. That, on Hasbro's part, was most certainly an effort to make him less feminine and having long flowy locks doesn't exactly scream masculine. I actually don't think it looks bad. Overall ee looks great though, it was a little worrisome when the blind bag boys looked a wee bit odd, but I've definitely grown used to them.

Princess Cadence looks absolutely flawless and I'm super excited to have the both of them eventually!!

I'm with you. So he has troll hair? Whatever. At least he doesn't look like a girl who just happens to have hairy feet like the G1 "male" ponies. And yeah, the eyelashes on the male blind bags are a bit odd.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »
First off, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, boy pony!! :heart: I never thought this day would come! Do you guys realize that this is the first time we've had a boy pony that was physically different than the girls since the G1 line?? (I love me my G2s, but hey, the only thing that makes Clever Clover a he or Prince Firefly a prince instead of a princess are their backcards :P )

I'm not a fan of the troll hair either. In the picture with it being as thin and whispy as it is, it reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera with his mask off :P But even though my first reaction was "ewww, troll hair!" I don't think it'll be THAT bad in person. I'm more worried about his eyes...but then again, I don't love how they did most of the girl pony's  eyes anyway either. I'd need to see a closer-up picture of him to see for sure. I also don't have a good feel for how his face looks at all, being a small picture and him being white. But I like how they did the blind bag boys, so hopefully he'll be similar to that.

I think his little coat is a snap-on thing. If you look at the pictures, it looks like it sticks out further than it would if it was painted on; it doesn't quite line up right. So while it does look a little dinky (especially compared to how he looks in that adorable picture on the box!) considering that it IS a toy for children, I think that was probably the best way to do it. Sure, I would have loved to have seen a G1 ponywear-style coat that slid on and velcroed in the back, but I think that would have been a little too difficult both to produce and to play with, keeping in mind that G4s are quite a bit smaller than G1s.

Princess Cadence is lovely :) My only complaint is "omg more pink why," but I guess since she is a bride and she is being sold with a playset, the pink is more understandable.

And as for the castle itself...Well, that's not a castle. More like a balcony lol. And yes there isn't much to it. But it is more of a playset than the dinky little things Hasbro has been pumping out lately. It's not just a facade, and there are actually horizontal surfaces that your pony can stand on, whoo! I think its a bit of an improvement. And it's cute. Looks like it could be a good place to display some of my ponies that I ran out of room for on my G4 shelf.

TL;DR: It's not perfect but omg BOY!!!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

cesprins

« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:29 AM »
Holy Hera!!

This is everything I wanted in one set! I don't care how much it is, I must have it!

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
"€44.99 aka €50.00"
>Searchy search
41 POUNDS? DAMN IT, I GIVE UP!
"Giant castle like the 80's"
Thats probably acceptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal