collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Challenge 12 - And America's Next Top Monster Is...  (Read 855 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Challenge 12 - And America's Next Top Monster Is...
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »

Two beautiful monsters stand before us, but only one will be crowned America's Next Top Monster and receive a 100,000 cash prize, be featured in a Cover Ghoul ad campaign, have her eight page spread published in Morgue Italia, and obtain a one year contract with Black Lagoon Modeling Agency.

Cupid and Kalma, you have both come so, so very far in this competition. Determining which of you should win the grand prize was extraordinarily difficult.

Cupid, you started off slowly in the competition. With so many models competing against one another, you seemed to get a bit lost in the crowd. You hadn't quite made an impression on the judges or the public. With the prospect of a trip to Scaris looming on the horizon, you started to bring your A Game to each and every shoot. Better yet, the public fell in love with your pictures. However, your Morgue Italia shoot, the chance to really show the world what you're capable of, didn't quite live up to the expectations of the judges. We were expecting to be WOW'D out of our minds, but we weren't. With such a major shoot hanging in the balance, we (and the editors at Morgue Italia) were quite worried!

Kalma, you started this competition as a whole lot of fierce! In particular, your Monster Movie poster was spectacular. But as the competition wore on, you saw yourself overshadowed by Cupid. The judges were very specific about their feedback - they wanted to see you loosen up a bit and let go of your need to cling to perfection. At first you seemed to take offense, but slowly you did let your guard down. Even though you weren't getting the number one spot in the public polls, the judges were very impressed by your transformation and willingness to take a more relaxed approach to modeling. Your Morgue Italia shoot was crisp and fresh looking, and your photos among the rocks were pure genius. You've remained consistent throughout the competition, and we applaud you for that.

Cupid and Kalma, you are both very special monsters and very special models. But only one of you can be crowned America's Next Top Monster. Who will it be?

Congratulations, Kalma! You are America's Next Top Monster!!!!!

Everyone, please give a very, very, big hand to our winner, and also to Cupid, the runner-up. You both should be so proud of yourselves! It was extremely close there, and it took days and days for the judges to break the tie between you two. The extremely close public vote didn't make it any easier!

Remember, this is only the beginning of your modeling careers. We can't wait to see what you do next!

Thank you EVERYONE for contributing to this contest, from my fellow judges (you have been a TREMENDOUS help), to the voters, to the commenters, to all the contestants. Without each and everyone of you, this competition would not have been a success. THANK YOU SO MUCH, and again, big congrats, Kalma!

(Kalma, once Loa informs us whether we can continue using the ANTM forum, or if we need to start posting in the Monster High forum, you are encouraged to post the first challenge for the Public Edition of ANTM! We are all very, very excited to see many more participating in this new and improved version of ANTM.)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 12 - And America's Next Top Monster Is...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
WOW! Congrats Kalma!!! And great job Cupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:09:59 PM »
*FAINTS*

Kalma: ...poor feeble human, she does have a weak heart.

Kalma is amazed, and honored, and both of us are extremely grateful for all the support and advice from the judges and the public. Most of all, we both had a lot of FUN doing this! We have so much love and respect for Cupid and Jupi.

Next order of business: A few relaxing days in the French Riviscare-a with Cupid and Abbey!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »
congrats kalma and nod

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
Congratulations, Kalma and NoD!

This competition was insane, and it came down to two beautiful, incredibly talented contestants. It was amazing to see two of my favourite models make it to the finals, but it did make things difficult when it came time to vote... Amazing job, both (ie all four) of you!

Disregard the Prologue

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
Awesome that Kalma won, yet I was also secretly rooting for Cupid. Congratulations to both ghouls for their work as well as their humans (Jupi and NoD) for all their efforts.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
Don't we get to see all of Cupid's awesome pictures?

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
as first looser we don't get a "review" of our photos like all the other eliminated contestants did.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
first looser second winner

:Like!:

The gals will have to do loads of cute shoe shopping on the Riviscare-a!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:05 PM »
Congrats, Kalma and congrats to you too, Cupid! I agree, you're totally the second winner! :hug:
All of the models in this cycle were great and we have such an awesome group of talented photographers on this forum. ^_^
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Congrats Kalma and Cupid!!  :frolic:

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »
This competition was GREAT.
Every single contestant did an amazing job and I've enjoyed seeing this competition. I also really respect the work and efforts people have put in their photographs.

Kalma was secretly my favourite from the start, I voted on her for almost every single contest, with Aria stealing my heart two/three times. Congratulations to both Kalma and Cupid, it's great you guys both made it this far.

I honestly can't wait to see what comes next. :3

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »
Yay, Kalma!!! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
I loved both contestants throughout the competition, and it's no suprise that it came down to you two! HUUGGGGEEEE congrats to Kalma AND Cupid for making it this far! Extra congrats to Kalma for the win.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal