collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 39488 times)

roselalonde

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
Times like this are when I really dislike living in New Mexico. While everyone has had the Scaris lines for MONTHS, I've only ever seen any Scaris dolls TWICE! And they were either Rochelle and Clawdeen, so that was pretty disappointing. But of course all we've had for the last six months has been either Scary Tales or Ghouls Rule.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2013, 08:20:18 PM »
Times like this are when I really dislike living in New Mexico. While everyone has had the Scaris lines for MONTHS, I've only ever seen any Scaris dolls TWICE! And they were either Rochelle and Clawdeen, so that was pretty disappointing. But of course all we've had for the last six months has been either Scary Tales or Ghouls Rule.

THIS^ new mexico gets everything so much later then everyone else it seems! By the way HI from another MLP/MH lover in lovely NM!

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »
I still haven't found Catrine here in Illinois. This is getting frustrating! I don't even see the tags on the shelves!
This! But in Arizona, ya know. One had the tag and ziltch while the other I went to for picking up an order had no tag at all :( haha

Congrats on getting her dxgirly!! Exciting!!
What part of AZ are you in? I'm in Chandler and I've seen 2 stores with the sticker at least, but no one is ever near by to ask when she's coming in.

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »
I have the same problem. I would love to go buy Catrine for all of you but I have no money to do so. I was lucky that I had just enough on my Walmart giftcard to get her. Hoping that I will be able to get a job soon! (I'm in school currently so I have hardly any free time >.< Dangit education I want to buy dolls!)

I just saw this and thought you guys might be interested!
http://www.toyvideos.co.uk/monster-high-accessories-hong-kong-toy-fair/
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:06:07 PM by Lilac-Mint »

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2013, 09:13:53 PM »
:) Thanks for the link Lilac-Mint~  I love Stu's enthusiasm, it makes me laugh.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2013, 09:18:08 PM »
What part of AZ are you in? I'm in Chandler and I've seen 2 stores with the sticker at least, but no one is ever near by to ask when she's coming in.

In the Tucson! Been to two stores as well and ditto. I have to go in again and pick something up soon so I'll try then! XD never give up~

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:31:35 PM by TrixieStix »

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2013, 10:46:16 PM »
The toy isle at our Walmart tends to get stocked around 3am so around 4am I may go take a peek.

Sad thing is, if they do have her, I think I can I only afford one. I just scraped together all of my money and paid off my credit card today. It hurt but in a good way. It just didnt leave me hardly any money to get through the two weeks till my next paycheck.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:40 PM »
I just ordered some mohair from a site, but question is how do I space the holes on the CAM head to ensure it's going to look good once I have all the hair in? I tried doing a CAM already with some saran, but the plugs look so spaced out and gives her such a horrible look. Please let me know, if I can't figure it out I might just make her a skull cap wig, which I am not too keen on because sometimes those look doofy.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2013, 11:57:46 PM »
Take one of your monster high dolls that came with hair, and pullt he hair aside to look down to the roots. Look at how it is done on the actual doll, and that should give you a good idea of how to do it on your own doll. And with the Mohair.. I haven't worked with it myself, but it seems fairly fluffy. It might fluff out enough from the plug hole to spread and cover more space visually. Saran is very straight and likes to cling to itself, so it makes sense that the hair looked thin with the saran.

I have no idea if any of that was helpful to you, but I hope some of it was :)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:40 AM »
Whoa it's been a while since I last posted here!
Hi everyone!

Could someone sum up what I've missed? Last thing I remember is Gigi and Twyla?

Apparently the photoday dolls arrived over here too!
I saw Abbey a few days ago in a store.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »
Something I just discovered: Cleo and Nefera are too old to be Egyptians. Cleo's age is given as being ~5842 years and Nefera says she's three years older. That would mean they were born in the 3820s BC, but the civilization we know as Ancient Egypt didn't form until the 3100s. Oops!

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2013, 04:42:16 AM »
Take one of your monster high dolls that came with hair, and pullt he hair aside to look down to the roots. Look at how it is done on the actual doll, and that should give you a good idea of how to do it on your own doll. And with the Mohair.. I haven't worked with it myself, but it seems fairly fluffy. It might fluff out enough from the plug hole to spread and cover more space visually. Saran is very straight and likes to cling to itself, so it makes sense that the hair looked thin with the saran.

I have no idea if any of that was helpful to you, but I hope some of it was :)

Yes thank you that does help greatly. I just worry that the holes on the scalp up around the face will look like a receding hair line when I am done. But I will give it a go like you mentioned, maybe I can add more holes if need be. Now just gotta wait for the hair to arrive. Its a lovely black with mixes of plumb in it.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2013, 06:09:44 AM »
Something I just discovered: Cleo and Nefera are too old to be Egyptians. Cleo's age is given as being ~5842 years and Nefera says she's three years older. That would mean they were born in the 3820s BC, but the civilization we know as Ancient Egypt didn't form until the 3100s. Oops!

lol, that's funny.

As long as they and draculaura have been in high school they should be brilliant.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2013, 06:14:13 AM »
Maybe they're hipsters? They've been ancient Egyptian since before it was cool, dawg

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »

In the Tucson! Been to two stores as well and ditto. I have to go in again and pick something up soon so I'll try then! XD never give up~

TwilightElphaba, I just wanted to add to this... I've had no luck in Phoenix & Glendale yet either. Hopefully soon!  :lookround:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal