collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your worst/weirdest date?  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst/weirdest date?
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »
Maybe I can share one of mine here ... not really a date though.
Last year, me and the guy I am/ was seeing (not sure what term to use here) were staying for a few days in a very small rural town in South China. On our last evening, his mom called and asked him to bring home some fresh local things.
Turned out, she wanted some chicken, turtle and snake. So, the next morning, before we drove back home, we went to the local food market ... which was the scariest place I have seen in my whole life. It was actually more like a zoo than a market.  :shocked:
He bought a snake and a turtle, and we watched ...

Spoiler
After seeing how long it took for a beautiful rooster to die, he refused to buy the chicken for his mom.
So we left with fresh snake and turtle in the trunk of the car. You would not belive the photos I took there.

This is probably the weirdest and scariest date I am ever going to have for the rest of my life.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2015, 06:38:30 AM »
You guys are seriously cracking me up!  Love these stories.

I have a few...

One involves a date I had back in college.  There was a guy named David who I met country line dancing one night.  We hit it off, and he said he'd call me over the weekend to set up a date. Long story short, he never called.  Whatever.  Fast forward a year and I run into him again line dancing.  He apologized for never calling, stating he had a sticky situation going with another girl (who was apparently 55...he was 23 at the time. Again - whatever, I suppose).  Anyway, he asked if I'd go on a date with him again, and I figured I'd give him another shot.  We went out to eat and then were going to meet up with my friends to go apple-picking.  Well, my best friend was having car issues and asked if we would pick her up before heading out to go pick apples (she and her boyfriend were the ones we were meeting up with).  She lived about 15 minutes from where we were eating but you would've thought it was 5 hours away.  He complained the whooooole way to get her.  THEN, even though she was so super appreciative when she got in his car, he kept complaining.  He kept saying, "Some people just don't think about others.  Some people think they're just so smart.  Do you know what a XYZ [some medical term] is?"  My friend started nervously laughing and said, "nope, sure don't."  ANd then he goes, "Well, maybe you need to be patting my back because I sure know what [XYZ] is!  You just think you're so smart, don't you?  Seriously, you think you are soooooooooooo smart!"  I'm just like omg what the heck is he talking about?!... my friend tried to just laugh it off.. 

Well, we eventually get to the apple picking place, and meet up with my friend's boyfriend.  We rode on the tractor out to the orchards, and naturally, it was dusty since we were driving over dirt roads.  David kept saying, "^&($!  This....this is disgusting!  This dirt is awful.  This is just disgusting."  I didn't say anything.  We finally start walking around looking for good apples, and my friend's boyfriend tosses an apple at us (like--it rolls towards us; it's not like he pitched it at us lol).  Well, David goes, "Some people are seriously just so immature."--and walks away.  Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and said I was ready to go.  We had to ride the tractor back to the parking lot (which brought a whole other round of "OMG THIS IS SO DISGUSTING!" and of course forced coughs.  We drove back to where my car was at the restaurant.  He told me he'd call me later so we could go out again.

Long story short:  I never answered his calls again.  He probably called about 20 times (not exaggerating).  The voicemails were pretty funny.. "Seriously, why aren't you answering my calls?  This isn't funny.  Call me back."  Um, no, psycho!  :P

Wowwwwwww. lol. That is the most ridiculous date ever. And fresh turtle and snake. I know it's just a cultural difference I guess but I'd have trouble with that one too.

Also it sparked my memory and I do remember I had a bad date! Nothing like that though. Spoiler because this is super long between the two I recounted.

Spoiler
My sister's friend set us up. He was gorgeous, maybe a bit too tall for me even though I'm 5'8. He was like 6'6. Mechanic who owned his own shop with his brother, talented and smart guy, owned his own home at like 25 he probably was then. And I've never had this problem with anyone else, but we just had noooothinggg to talk about! I don't have to worry about such things normally because I'm great in social situations and can get anyone to open up and talk to me forever and feel comfortable, but he was the only one I couldn't. I wouldn't say he was shy, just naturally quiet, and okay with silence. Still, he was nice, and tried as well, but silences stretched on sometimes which were really awkward for me and not something I'm used to obviously. It was obvious we really had nothing in common. It seems all he thought about was building cars and houses and such, and being 19, I just didn't really have anything to add to that. You need some understanding of a topic to keep that topic going. Any of my normal things to spark conversation ended because he always had such short answers he was content with. I should have known I guess, he was the same online when he added me and was like hey Tammy told me to add you, thinks we would be good together. He never really said much any time we chatted.

We tried to talk about my artwork which he saw online and liked as he was interested in artists (nothing pony, lol, my pony artwork is kept to here and my other artwork is usually shared elsewhere), but that didn't last long either. We went out, had dinner at some very crowded place, I was talking about his brother's photography (brother also made calendars, the friend who set us up was a model for them) and I was giving advice on the photos and I think it came out as that I didn't like them or something so I cut myself off and said like I'm sorry that sounded wrong, I do like the photos or something, and he wasn't hurt at all, he was interested in what I was saying and asked me to go on but I didn't. Still, the way I halted it was awkward, haha. The conversation picked up here as he opened up more but still it's not how I can usually chat away with anyone and become instant friends with them. We went back to his house (got me why I agreed to that, I must have been very innocent minded then) and he was trying to get me to have sex with him, I dodged his advances, eventually he drove me back to my dorm, not sure what I said to get out of that. We did kiss a lot and he was a good kisser. Shockingly I did accept a second date with him but the same thing occurred at the end even though I didn't go to his place, and I didn't contact him again after that and he was puzzled because he thought things were going well. I'm only interested in that once I really like someone and we've been seeing each other a few weeks or so, so any sooner than that and I get turned off and see them as wanting something other than a relationship. And nothing else was going for us, so.

Boring story about a boring date. :) I probably should have just told Tammy after the first date that he needed to open up more and talk more and she would have told him, I bet he'd have improved and maybe we'd have had some nice times. But I don't regret it, obviously, I kind of forgot about these dates altogether.

I guess another bad date was in high school. This guy (A) asked me out foooreeeverrr. I kept turning him down and he didn't take no for an answer, not that he was some smug stuck up guy or anything, he just always came around and joked with me and asked when I'd finally go out with him. He was pretty charming about it. He was popular in his grade, a year below me. I was head over heels for who ended up being my first boyfriend, D (who every girl wanted) who was flirting with me at the time, so I didn't want to be with anyone else and ruin my chance. And when I did agree to the date with A finally D asked me out so I canceled the date and A found out why, but wasn't offended, he's just like you're going to go out with him!? Come on, I'm better than him.

D and I broke up after some months and I accepted the date with A. He was an awfullllll kisser, so slobbery it grosses me out to recall and I hated when he'd come into kiss me but other than that it was fun, he took me out on his fourwheeler with his friends. I dated him for a few weeks and we went to a dance together. D was jealous though and all of my girl friends were telling me about how he was depressed and moping around and ignoring all the girls who tried to flirt with him, and eventually he talked me into being with him again. I left A for D, and was with him until he moved a couple of hours away. A tried to get with me again, I was into the attention for a while but then declined. He now has a child with my cousin, though they are no longer together. That was awkward seeing him staring at me at family Christmas parties and the family members whispering about the drama. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »
I was a teenager when this boy from my town asked me out on an internet gallery. I hadn't met him before, but knew who he was and thought sure, why not. I met with him at town and asked him what he wanted us to do. "I don't know, what do you want to do?" Well, you asked me out, I thought in my mind but then suggested we went to this porch outside a building I frequently had theater practice at. We sat on the edge of the porch (it was a raised platform type) and said about nothing. He just swung his legs back and forth. We talked for a bit and found absolutely nothing in common to talk about. When he asked if I had pets I told him that I had a couple of fish tanks at that moment. "Cool, we had some fish once. But I didn't feed them so they died." he answered and continued to swing his legs with a stupid smirk on his face. I quickly found some bad excuse and left. :yikes:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2015, 10:32:51 AM »
I was a teenager when this boy from my town asked me out on an internet gallery. I hadn't met him before, but knew who he was and thought sure, why not. I met with him at town and asked him what he wanted us to do. "I don't know, what do you want to do?" Well, you asked me out, I thought in my mind but then suggested we went to this porch outside a building I frequently had theater practice at. We sat on the edge of the porch (it was a raised platform type) and said about nothing. He just swung his legs back and forth. We talked for a bit and found absolutely nothing in common to talk about. When he asked if I had pets I told him that I had a couple of fish tanks at that moment. "Cool, we had some fish once. But I didn't feed them so they died." he answered and continued to swing his legs with a stupid smirk on his face. I quickly found some bad excuse and left. :yikes:

Aw!!  :biggrin: :lol:

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:34 AM »
This thread is hysterical! I don't really have any awkward dates to speak of but my friend did!

She met this guy online and was quite nervous about meeting him so I suggested going out with a group of friends for food and bowling. She thought it was a great idea and felt she could open up more and show the real her as we would be there to save her if anything embarrassing happened.

Well firstly her date did NOT appreciate 'being babysat by a bunch of nobody's on his ADULT date'. So they arrive slightly after we did and I have never seen anyone jump out of a car as fast as she did. Apparently he had been trying to convince her not to come the entire way and instead just go to his house so he could show her a real 'adult' date. I said that maybe he was using it as an excuse as there were atleast 16 of us and he might have felt out of his comfort zone meeting so many people.

So we proceed to go into the bowling alley and I just started to laugh as this guy must have gone out and bought every form of bowling equipment there was, he actually had a finger hole measuring kit to ensure he was using the correct balls and his fingers wouldn't get stuck! He spent so long taking his turn that we actually ran out of time to play our second round. As if this wasn't bad enough he kept his arm around her at all possible instances and we had to literally talk him out of walking her to the bathroom.

Fast forward to dinner at Pizza hut and he proceeds to order her food as that's what a good date would do apparently! I literally had to shout at him and ask the waiter to pay no attention to him just so my friend could place her order. Then as if this guy wasn't horrible enough he actually asked me if i was interested in a triple date - as in me, my friend and him! Then he tried to squeeze my knee and told me he understood I was being 'overprotective' as he knew I secretly wanted him!

We left pretty quick after this but not before we literally had to play tug of war with my friend as he was desperately trying to drag her in his car so he could take her home. Once he got the message he slammed the door, drove off about 100 MPH but not before shouting 'You missed out girl, you missed out!'

So glad that was her date and not mine haha

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
Hahaha!  :shocked:  :lol:

This thread is hysterical! I don't really have any awkward dates to speak of but my friend did!

She met this guy online and was quite nervous about meeting him so I suggested going out with a group of friends for food and bowling. She thought it was a great idea and felt she could open up more and show the real her as we would be there to save her if anything embarrassing happened.

Well firstly her date did NOT appreciate 'being babysat by a bunch of nobody's on his ADULT date'. So they arrive slightly after we did and I have never seen anyone jump out of a car as fast as she did. Apparently he had been trying to convince her not to come the entire way and instead just go to his house so he could show her a real 'adult' date. I said that maybe he was using it as an excuse as there were atleast 16 of us and he might have felt out of his comfort zone meeting so many people.

So we proceed to go into the bowling alley and I just started to laugh as this guy must have gone out and bought every form of bowling equipment there was, he actually had a finger hole measuring kit to ensure he was using the correct balls and his fingers wouldn't get stuck! He spent so long taking his turn that we actually ran out of time to play our second round. As if this wasn't bad enough he kept his arm around her at all possible instances and we had to literally talk him out of walking her to the bathroom.

Fast forward to dinner at Pizza hut and he proceeds to order her food as that's what a good date would do apparently! I literally had to shout at him and ask the waiter to pay no attention to him just so my friend could place her order. Then as if this guy wasn't horrible enough he actually asked me if i was interested in a triple date - as in me, my friend and him! Then he tried to squeeze my knee and told me he understood I was being 'overprotective' as he knew I secretly wanted him!

We left pretty quick after this but not before we literally had to play tug of war with my friend as he was desperately trying to drag her in his car so he could take her home. Once he got the message he slammed the door, drove off about 100 MPH but not before shouting 'You missed out girl, you missed out!'

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »

He thought he was gonna get luuuuuuuuuuuucky with two ladies.  LoL  Don't you love it when they think that's going to happen?

My friend and I went out this one evening - wasn't really a date but moreso just us three hanging out - with this one guy.  We went to eat and play pool.  While we were playing pool we were all having a good time, laughing, etc. Well, after that we went back to his home to see the cat he just got.  He put on tv so we were watching tv and playing with the cat.  Suddenly his arm was around me.  Ok.  A couple minutes later, his other hand is rubbing my friend's knee.  We kind of give each other a look like, "Uh - no."  We said good bye to the cat, said we had to meet some other friends, and we left.

I got a phone call (voicemail) about a half hour later asking if I wanted to come back to his house after I was done hanging out with my friends.  I didn't respond.

About 15 minutes after that, my friend got a phone call (voicemail) from him asking if she wanted to come back to his house after she was done hanging out with 'her friends.'  She didn't respond.

Needless to say, we had no desire to ever see him again.  Don't know where his mind was at, but we clearly were NOT on the same page lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal