collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Journey To Star Wars The Force Awakens Books and Comics  (Read 504 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Journey To Star Wars The Force Awakens Books and Comics
« on: September 11, 2015, 06:03:57 PM »
I only found out recently about these books and comics which I think were released September 4th I guess for Force Friday or something.  I was browsing the books at Stop and Shop today and saw the three books of: Smuggler's Run (focusing on Chewbacca and Han Solo), Moving Target (focusing on Leia), and The Weapon of a Jedi (focusing on Luke).  I also bought Lost Stars and I guess there was another book, but Stop and Shop didn't have it called Aftermath.  I also bought a book which has the last three Star Wars movies in book form, which I thought might be an interesting read.  I've almost always found the books to be better than the movies and the book usually reveal more and explain more so I thought I would get that one too.  I guess I need to be on the hunt for Aftermath.

Anyway, these books and a new comic series is for Star Wars fans to prepare themselves for the movie The Force Awakens which comes out December 18th.

I don't know if it's too soon to ask, but just dealing with the adventure books I bought and Lost Stars does anyone have a recommended reading order for these books? I think Aftermath is supposed to be read first, but I don't have it yet so maybe I should wait.  I'm catching up on Lord of the Rings books right now anyway, working on The Two Towers.

Thanks for any response in advance and may the force be with you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Journey To Star Wars The Force Awakens Books and Comics
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »
No idea but I'm sure someone will have a clue. Usually finding out the release dates for books can tell you the order though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »
No idea but I'm sure someone will have a clue. Usually finding out the release dates for books can tell you the order though.

Good idea.  I think the three adventure books were supposed to be all released on September 4th so I guess it doesn't matter which one I read first.  I will look at the other books though, that's helpful thanks. :)

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 12:28:15 PM »
Oh gee, I'm reading Aftermath right now. While I like the references and subtle plot hints for SW VII, it's really a very poorly written book. The writing style is awful. It literally goes like this:

Then: a noise.
And then: a flash of light.

I mean, that's how it is written. Literally. It's really quite painful to read at times and I'm having trouble focusing on the book. There's also loads of characters I can barely tell apart. I can't believe the editor allowed this to be published. It was such an anticipated book and the references and the plot has some nice points, especially when referencing the bigger picture of it all. But overall it's just not very good. :(

I am finishing it because I want to know as much as possible about the new post-episode VI setting. If it hadn't had that I would have returned it for sure.

I don't know anything about the other books. I am interested in that YA book Lost Stars and the reviews seem to be a lot better for that one over at Goodreads, so I'll give that one a shot later on. I think Lost Stars and Aftermath aren't related at all, so you can read them in whatever order you prefer. I don't know about the three adventure books :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:30:14 PM by Aienhime »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 01:42:09 PM »
Oh gee, I'm reading Aftermath right now. While I like the references and subtle plot hints for SW VII, it's really a very poorly written book. The writing style is awful. It literally goes like this:

Then: a noise.
And then: a flash of light.

I mean, that's how it is written. Literally. It's really quite painful to read at times and I'm having trouble focusing on the book. There's also loads of characters I can barely tell apart. I can't believe the editor allowed this to be published. It was such an anticipated book and the references and the plot has some nice points, especially when referencing the bigger picture of it all. But overall it's just not very good. :(

I am finishing it because I want to know as much as possible about the new post-episode VI setting. If it hadn't had that I would have returned it for sure.

I don't know anything about the other books. I am interested in that YA book Lost Stars and the reviews seem to be a lot better for that one over at Goodreads, so I'll give that one a shot later on. I think Lost Stars and Aftermath aren't related at all, so you can read them in whatever order you prefer. I don't know about the three adventure books :)

Thanks for responding. :)  Yeah, I'm reading them for the same reason you are.  Also, you never know...things may be explained beforehand for The Force Awakens.  I've found that when you read the book version then go see the movie things make sense.  Also, I have found that seeing a movie and reading the book will explain things too.  I may get Aftermath anyway.  I'm sorry you're not enjoying it and I'm glad you told me so I can be prepared. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:44:42 PM by Majesty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal