collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Card Swap 2013 -> all done!  (Read 36014 times)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
Re: Card Swap 2013
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 03:36:14 AM »
Yay! I want to join! I also generally prefer regular greeting cards, but it's fun to get mail either way!

I hadn't thought about using a paperclip, that's genius! You can still have your string with the greeting cards and just paperclip your post cards on there! I usually put my cards up on a shelf, but maybe I can try out the paper clip thing with string under the shelf for postcards! It needs something there anyway!

I sent in my application so here's my partner interest stuff:

Favorite Color(s)?
Anything bright and cheerful! I also love anything metallicy, sparkly, or glittery! :D

Favorite Animal(s)?
I love almost all the animals, but cats are among my top faves. Obviously I like ponies! I also love dogs, bats, birds (especially songbirds), and for winter I love reindeer, penguins, and polar bears!

Favorite MLP?
Pretty much any G1, but especially the babies!

Other tidbits of information?
Hmm... what can I say. I'm a nutter for the holidays, so anything related to Christmas and all that I love. I love homemade cards! It's fun to see what other people create. I help my brother collects stamps so I would love to receive cards with actual stamps on them, especially if from other countries. I'm pretty easy to please so I will love anything that someone has taken the time to send me! Since we are going with postcards this year, it would be fun to receive a card with a photo or something related to where the sender is from!

Your winter holiday?
I celebrate Christmas, both the religious and the Santa side, but I admire all the winter holidays and would love to receive cards about the holiday the sender celebrates!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:17 AM »
Although I wasn't here for last years and I know that most people prefer cards, I'm actually really excited about this. I love the idea that Kiwi mentioned of punching a small hole in the postcard and hanging it with ribbon, it would be so pretty :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 03:44:24 AM »
Aww come on guys - I know it's different, but it's not a bad thing. We are trying something new and fun for the swap this year. We'll see how it goes and tweak things as needed for next year.

I'd hate for any members to get discouraged from joining after seeing these comments. :( If you really don't want to join with the new changes, then don't join - but please let others make their own decisions on if it's good or bad.

There are lots of ways to still hang postcards for display - decorated clothes pegs, paper clips, even a small hole with some ribbon.

As for limiting it to 5 cards this year - there are many reasons behind that decision, which don't need to be discussed here. If you have any major concerns you can always PM me (either this account or the ArenaHunt account).

I'm sorry, Kiwi.  :hug:

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 05:58:27 AM »
I have also sent in my application yesterday, I hope I will qualify ^^ I would have loved to join this swap last year already, but in the situation I was in, I was not able to. I couldn't wait for this year's to come! ^^

although I didn't yet receive a confirmation, here are my answers for the general questions:
I'm in! so I updated the post a little bit  ^.^

Favorite Color(s)? purple, black, silver and white. the only colour I really don't like is red.

Favorite Animal(s)? frogs, trilobites (if extinct cuties also count), snails, owls, mantas/rays, fish... but I have lots of favourites, I love animals in general ^.^

Favorite MLP? all the yellow G1s with purple hair, Seashell, Bubbles, all baby seaponies (especially Sea Star for her colours), Peach Blossom, Sunnybunch

Other tidbits of information?
besides ponies I also love and collect Furbys. I studied paleontology, I love rocks and fossils, and I love to work with children (or grown-ups) on related venues. I love things with stories behind them, so it is always easier for me to love second hand or handmade things than those bought new in a shop. I'm a sucker for patterns overall, let it be baroque patterns, stars, or simple dots or stripes, but I also love "cute/kawaii" things. I love postcards, and I used to collect them when I was younger. I still buy them often, usually as souvenirs for myself when on holiday. besides all the patternedness and cuteness I also love and love to find postcards with black and white pictures on them.

Your winter holiday? Christmas officially, but I'm celebrating winter in general instead. I love this season, as I love snow!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:50:42 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:45 AM »
I'll get caught up on applications tomorrow after work :D There's quite a number already - which is awesome!

It's a pretty easy swap to qualify for so nearly everyone gets in that applies ;)

I'm sorry, Kiwi.  :hug:

Aww thanks :hug: no worries!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »
This is a really exciting swap :) You know one of the things that I've done I previous years when I've received postcards is put them on my tree as decoration, also another way of displaying them ;)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »
I'm sorry too! I sure wasn't trying to discourage people either. I'm sure it will be loads of fun and now that there is the link for postcard making on Walmart I'm sure I'll come up with something. I already have plans. :devious:

As for displaying guys I've always just taped them over the door till after the holidays. I know lots of places now sell those little "greeting card" holders that are in neat little tree shapes and stuff. Most of them just have clips the cards slip into, so I would assume a post card would do the same.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »
I've done the card swap for a few years now and I've always received most of the cards I was supposed to. I actually love this swap since it makes my very green christmas seem better. However,  I have to echo a few people here that postcards just don't seem very fun. I will have to think about it.

Offline Moondancer1073

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
Not too happy about postcards. But I will roll with the changes.  Here's my question answers...

Favorite Color(s)? Blue! Like a Royal blue not powdery.

Favorite Animal(s)? Giraffes and Unicorns. And cats I love cats I like Eeyore too.

Favorite MLP?  Moondancer (G1)

Other tidbits of information?  I am a mom to two children and two cats. Been married for 15 years. Pushing 40 (yikes!)

Your winter holiday? Christmas!!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
Yay! This swap looks like so much fun, and mail! Yay mail! I think postcards could be lots of fun, too.

Favorite Color(s)? All colors are good. Blues and greens and greys I guess, if I had to pick. ^^;

Favorite Animal(s)? I'm a falconer, so.. Birds! Falcons & hawks especially.

Favorite MLP? MINTY (minty :heart:  :cold:)

Other tidbits of information? I like traveling! And ponies.

Your winter holiday? Christmas and socks! I would love any kind of holiday card though, they don't have to be christmas only  ^.^
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
I just ordered 1000 postcards so I think this is the swap for me!  :biggrin:

Favorite Color? Green

Favorite Animals? Maned wolves. I like ermine, white owls, and pretty much everything else.

Favorite MLP? Nightglider, Icecrystal. Any pony will do, though. I like all Generations!

Other tidbits of information? I am an artist. I volunteer alot, helping my husband with youth and children's ministry at our church. I love animals and art.  I like cute stuff like children's illustrations and cartoons. I live in a very warm place so no snow here. :brr: Ever. :tumble:

Your winter holiday? Christmas!!!! I would love any Christian religious themes, winter animals (any animals really), winter scenes, or ponies (of course). Even cards from your area/country would be neat.  :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
I think this a fun idea.  I wanted to mention something we encountered in our postcard swap we did here on the arena a while back.  Please know that you have to be careful to allow 1/2 inch on the, right side and for sure bottom of your post card with no witing or stickers.  The reason for this is the po put a large sticker on the back of the card.  If any written address is in those zones it may never get delivered, because it may be covered up by the post office.   I got post cards with a sticker and stamps cover a side and the bottom of the address side of the card. Two of my post cards never got to the members so I had to resend.  Post cards are small and easily lost in the shuffle.  So Loa is right for everyone to be prepared for a missing card..especially with these small cards.  Also they go thru a sorting machine and one of my cards was weeks lated due to the postal code getting ripped off.  I just thought I would share this information.  We had lots of fun.  Have fun.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:36:03 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
Filling this out before I fall asleep :P I love getting mail, postcards or greeting cards!

Favorite Color(s)? Purple and Lime green

Favorite Animal(s)? Cats and rats.

Favorite MLP? Sunny Daze! With Minty and Star Catcher as extremely close seconds.

Other tidbits of information? I'm currently a high school senior who's way too stressed over college applications, and I'm so looking forward to the holidays and the end of the whole process. I looooooove all things Disney (especially the Haunted Mansion), and I'm way too addicted to Broadway musicals (Phantom of the Opera and Les Mis as the tops). Also, I love international mail, so if you could send things with stamps, and maybe a postcard of something neat around where you live, it'd be awesome!  ^.^

Your winter holiday? Christmas, but I wouldn't mind receiving cards related to other holidays~
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »
I think this a fun idea.  I wanted to mention something we encountered in our postcard swap we did here on the arena a while back.  Please know that you have to be careful to allow 1/2 inch on the, right side and for sure bottom of your post card with no witing or stickers.  The reason for this is the po put a large sticker on the back of the card.  If any written address is in those zones it may never get delivered, because it may be covered up by the post office.   I got post cards with a sticker and stamps cover a side and the bottom of the address side of the card. Two of my post cards never got to the members so I had to resend.  Post cards are small and easily lost in the shuffle.  So Loa is right for everyone to be prepared for a missing card..especially with these small cards.  Also they go thru a sorting machine and one of my cards was weeks lated due to the postal code getting ripped off.  I just thought I would share this information.  We had lots of fun.  Have fun.
This is good advice. I think I may end up sending my postcards in envelopes, so I don't have to worry about the card being ruined.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »
I hadn't thought of that, but granted I haven't sent many post cards. I might follow Mkia on this one and put mine in an envelope.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal